Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/1/2015 2:53:34 AM EDT
Which do you prefer? I know the Sawfly is Army approved eyewear but I didn't see the ESS ICE.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 10:47:59 AM EDT
[#1]
I used the ICE glasses for years but I recently tried the sawflys and they fit closer to my face.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 12:05:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Prefer ICE because it does not fit so close that I have fogging issues.  Both are top notch.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 7:18:07 PM EDT
[#3]
I've no experience with the ESS, but I've had my polarized Sawfly's for six months or so. The fit close to my brow line, but have plenty of room on the sides and bottom (not enough for an object to reach the eye) for ventilation. Hot weather or cold, fogging has not been an issue, and I sweat a lot when it's warm. I'd happily buy them again.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 8:27:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Wierd, I was issued a few sets of ESS ICE from the army. I'm sure it's somewhere on the list.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 3:24:50 PM EDT
[#5]
I was issued a pair of ICEs and they've done me well thus far. Only thing is that they seem to scratch easily, though I suppose flying sand will chew up any shades.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 9:00:59 PM EDT
[#6]
I have both and I think it's a tossup. If you have access to try both I'd just get whichever you feel fits the best.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 11:44:09 PM EDT
[#7]
I wear Sawfly every day in the construction industry.  They are VERY durable and I couldn't be happier with them.
Link Posted: 7/11/2015 11:01:23 AM EDT
[#8]
i like the ice. but mostly because i like the inserts (i am blind as shit)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top