Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/27/2015 11:54:44 PM EDT
They seem to be very comparable in price.
Thanks
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 12:25:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Whichever fits your face or sense of style best, or course.  Is there even a question?

I have ESS btw, but only because someone left a brand new set at the range and never came back.
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 12:49:33 AM EDT
[#2]
What exactly do you want goggles for?
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 2:38:22 AM EDT
[#3]
ESS. Revision a are uncomfortable as fuck
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 3:57:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Been using ESS for years and years. Absolutely great and can be had for <$30. That said, also check out Smith Optical, especially if you are LE/mil and can take advantage of their huge discount program
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 10:36:19 AM EDT
[#5]
I've been using sets of the ESS nvg profile for many years now. Great for playing with airsoft guns, shop goggles, ATV's or with my Motorcycle.

If you sweat/fog a lot, pick the vent foam out, and if that doesn't work you can try the turbo-fan ones.

Been looking at getting a set of the Oakleys but they are far pricier.
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 11:15:32 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've been using sets of the ESS nvg profile for many years now. Great for playing with airsoft guns, shop goggles, ATV's or with my Motorcycle.

If you sweat/fog a lot, pick the vent foam out, and if that doesn't work you can try the turbo-fan ones.

Been looking at getting a set of the Oakleys but they are far pricier.
View Quote

Thank you for the excellent info.
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 11:37:12 AM EDT
[#7]
All things being equal, I prefer Revision over ESS just because I like the company.

That being said, it was ESS I wore on my only deployment where I wore goggles, and they were solid stuff.

I have all Revision now, though.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 2:12:26 AM EDT
[#8]
Also just to split hairs.... Oakley doesn't make or design ESS goggles, they just own the company.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 10:53:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Be careful if you get used ESS Turbofan goggles. There are some fakes (with real trademarks) floating around.

ETA: I've got a pair of ESS goggles with prescription lens inserts. I went with ESS because the Revisions payment process for prescription insers was insanely fucking insecure. No way in hell I'm sending my credit card number across the internet without encryption.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 12:22:30 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Also just to split hairs.... Oakley doesn't make or design ESS goggles, they just own the company.
View Quote

Oakley hasn't owned themselves since 2007.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 1:42:39 AM EDT
[#11]
Which do you guys like best, the Revison Sawfly, or ESS ICE?
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 11:58:19 AM EDT
[#12]
I'm using the ICE right now in the desert. They're inexpensive, they work, and they don't look half bad either. Pretty good deal.
Quoted:
Which do you guys like best, the Revison Sawfly, or ESS ICE?
View Quote

OP, I'd personally suggest the Profile NVG. Been using them for a few years and they haven't let me down yet. They're also slim enough to comfortably be worn while using a ballistic helmet, if you need that too.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 12:43:56 AM EDT
[#13]
Overall ESS is a good, affordable eyepro company.

Revision is cheap and makes ugly looking uncomfortable Eyepro
/thread
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top