Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/28/2015 6:42:43 PM EDT
Title says it. Anyone have experience with them? Looking for a small, lightweight rig and I can throw in the truck, tuck under the seat if need be. I don't really need a big rig, don't really care to have a carrier for this particular application. Really it's just a "just in case" type thing that can be concealed in the vehicle. Anyone have experience with them? The way they collapse seems to fit the bill for what I'd use it for. Thanks

Link Posted: 5/29/2015 1:50:18 PM EDT
[#1]
I've no experience with that particular chest rig, but I like having options. In this case, that means modularity, i.e. MOLLE webbing. I'd recommend a Tactical Tailor Mini MAV and your pouches of choice (TT makes AR/M4 mag pouches). With that rig, yer stuck with what you have, which might not matter if this is just going to be thrown under a truck seat. If you go with something modular, you can change things around should your requirements change. Perhaps you may want two AR mags, a pistol mag or two, and a small medical pouch. With a MOLLE-compatible chest rig, that would be easy to set up. Not so with something dedicated as that one is.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 1:59:39 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm inclined to agree. I like how compact it is and how it collapses into a tidy little package (great for storage), but you are limited to what they've put on it. I also prefer to have an extra pistol mag or two on it which I'd be fine with sacrificing one rifle mag to make room.
Link Posted: 5/30/2015 10:52:41 AM EDT
[#3]
As long as you don't go overboard with a chest rig, keeping it small and light is no great task. Think minimalist- everything ya need, nothing ya don't.  Seems like you're already on that path.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top