Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/23/2015 9:26:48 PM EDT
Wow HSGI is some really nice gear. I ordered two taco pistols and one taco rifle along with there suregrip padded belt. I went with a Mars tactical with cobra buckle for the inner belt which is also a nice quality piece of gear. I'm really impressed with the belt and mag pouches. I mounted my bravo concealment holster onto the belt by removing the belt loops, weaving them through two sections of molle and reattaching them to the holster. Here's a picture of the belt and my go to AR.

Link Posted: 5/23/2015 10:06:45 PM EDT
[#1]
HSGI stuff is bombproof.  I have been running a Wasatch or Weesatch Ver A for 11years.  I have yet to burn up any of their gear.  I have a suregrip belt in MC and a bunch of TACOs, pistol and rifle, and a couple of 2XR tacos. Good stuff, for sure.

Link Posted: 5/23/2015 10:16:40 PM EDT
[#2]
HSGI gear is great and the people who work there are the best.  What more needs to be said  
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 10:43:01 PM EDT
[#3]
It sucks that they are limiting the items they sell.
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 8:17:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

What do you mean?
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 12:03:00 AM EDT
[#5]
they do seem to make good stuff. I was thinking about getting the regular rifle mag taco + pistol taco combo...but considering that I have quite a few big mags of each type (S12, Pmag40s, 33 round glock, 30 round thompson, etc), I'm thinking of running the HCM paired with the extended pistol taco. Anyone tried that combo paired together?
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 12:11:29 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

What do you mean?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What do you mean?

There's a number of items that they no longer offer such as the universal mag pouches, the DACH, etc
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 9:09:05 AM EDT
[#7]
Yes and No

All discontinued products can still be purchased if a minimum order of twelve is placed. This can cover some discontinued colors as well until fabric runs out.

Many of the discontinued products are just being given a overhaul this year. We have many new products coming out over the next 6 months.
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 10:25:44 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Yes and No

All discontinued products can still be purchased if a minimum order of twelve is placed. This can cover some discontinued colors as well until fabric runs out.

Many of the discontinued products are just being given a overhaul this year. We have many new products coming out over the next 6 months.
View Quote

Looking forward to the NEW and IMPROVED gear!
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 2:13:49 AM EDT
[#9]
Nice setup! Needs more tourniquet
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 5:08:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Nice setup! Needs more tourniquet
View Quote

Yep. Anytime one is playing with guns, at least a basic medical assortment should be nearby. That, and introduce that rifle to some spray paint.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 8:40:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 9:41:41 AM EDT
[#12]
I would like to respond on the two items you brought up.

The flapped pouches is in our best interest and it actually comes down to a matter of what order all our new and/or improved products will be released this year with the least disruption to the production line.  Looks like we might need to post guards on the R&D room since only a handful know what is in the works

Shock Cord durability is very important to us and we are currently looking at this.  I can tell you from my experience over the last three years the number of reported faulty shock cord is barely out of the single digits.  I hear many second hand accounts of faulty shock cord and I know there are more out there probably never reported which we do want to know about so we can fix the issue.

Thank you for your critique and for allowing me to respond.

FYI: The replacement kits are one of those flukes of an item intended for one purpose generating a life of its own. These were actually for the "Waa/Wee" plate carriers with the built in open top pouches.

JBT
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 9:40:26 PM EDT
[#13]
It's good to see you guys participating in the forum, HighSpeedGearCS. The professional way you handled those small but valid little critiques speaks volumes about your company.

I've never used your gear but judging from the experiences of guys I know and trust, I have ZERO doubt your gear is of the highest quality. While I do share some of RAF's opinions on flaps on mag pouches and shock cord durability, I do look forward to ordering your new Slim Battle Belt, along with a M24P pack in the near future. Kudos for not resting on your laurels and still being innovative long after your products have proven themselves on the battlefield. Making continuous improvements, and offering the end user more than one option is something I admire.
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 2:57:52 AM EDT
[#14]
I like all of my HSGI gear. Plan to buy more. As raf pointed out, it's nice to have a one-size-fits-all solution. I'm just not in a spot where I can have a bunch of different set up sitting around, so the TACOs work great for me.

I've been thinking about the Suregrip Belt, but now there's the Slimgrip, as well as their belt-mounted TACOs, so I just need to figure out which one to go with.
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 9:02:37 AM EDT
[#15]
I love my HSGI GEAR!  Especially the Tacos. Instead of having to have multiple set ups, I have one chest rig and one belt that will work with any platform I am running.

I insider stand some people really do prefer flaps on their pouches.  It would seem to me that one could simply be retrofitted my tying into the malice clips and then either adding a small piece of Velcro to the front (hell, you could use Velcro one wrap around the existing Molle loops) or use some sort of tab system to tuck under the Molle loops.  Although depending on the magazine though, you not need varying size flaps. Just a thought.
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 7:47:07 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 6/13/2015 11:12:02 PM EDT
[#17]
I use both the TACO and Universal Modular Magazine Pouch.  The HSGI Universal Modular Magazine Pouch had the flap and also the hook and loop and side release buckle closure.  I can't seem to find the Universal Modular Mag Pouch around, hopefully you guys will be making more.
Link Posted: 6/14/2015 1:21:37 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Yes and No

View Quote

Who is with me on a woodland DACH buy?!
Link Posted: 6/14/2015 5:50:55 PM EDT
[#19]
I don't use anything else.

Link Posted: 6/17/2015 10:31:20 AM EDT
[#20]
Discontinued items can still be ordered with a minimum order of 12.

We do have discontinued items in the stock room, mainly pouches. Take a look at the site or even call/email us never know there might be something hiding in the back
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top