Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/22/2015 6:26:12 AM EDT
Quick question.....What plate carriers are easily compatible with Haley's DC3R chest rig?  I know the the Mayflower APC is, as I currently have one.  Im looking at picking another carrier up and I'd just like to know whats out there.  By easily compatible, I mean something that will hook up with no modifications, such as sewing stuff together and the like.  Just for the heck of it, I purchased a pack of Down Range Gear's chest rig interface kit to have on hand.  I should have all of the necessary fasteners.  I just cant and dont want to have to sew additional mounting points on a carrier, if that makes sense.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 6:56:59 AM EDT
[#1]
in, I have the same thought process
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 8:39:37 AM EDT
[#2]
They do make a swift clip kit you can buy, that will allow you to put the clips needed on any PC you want.

SKD tactical Swift clip kit

Link Posted: 4/22/2015 8:49:46 AM EDT
[#3]
I have the Velocity Light Weight Plate Carrier and as expected it mates up with just the swift clips and the huge Velcro chunk on the front
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 10:00:55 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
They do make a swift clip kit you can buy, that will allow you to put the clips needed on any PC you want.

SKD tactical Swift clip kit

View Quote

Ok.  I already have a swift clip set, as well as the stuff from down range gear.  Given that then, I should be able to run a DC3R on anything, from a cheap Condor carrier to a full blown SKD Pig carrier, right?
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 11:37:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Any rig with the vertically oriented 1 inch webbing like the APC or Velocity carriers should be spaced to properly accept the QASM female buckles for integration.

For anything else, the spacing between the upper buckles on the D3CR is about 7 inches center-to-center, which is roughly the same as a row of 6 PALS spaces. So any rig with a strip of PALS across the lower chest area 6 spaces wide can accept the QASM buckles with the help of something like this:

http://www.downrangegear.net/Down_Range_Gear_QASM_Vertical_Connector.html

That will get it hanging. If the rig doesn't have the loop Velcro on the face to grab onto the hook on the back of the D3, you'll definitely want the side strap attachments from the swift clip kit to stabilize and hold it down.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 12:46:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the help and great information.  A local shop sells Condor and HSG stuff.  After looking at both, I'm less than impressed with either.  Overall,  I've been happy with my Mayflower.  I believe I'll stand behind that and buy another.

Thanks again!

Link Posted: 4/23/2015 12:53:53 PM EDT
[#7]
HSG as in High Speed Gear Inc? I've always considered their stuff some of the toughest out there.

As to connecting a DCR to a plate carrier, anyone considered running Velcro one-wraps through the PALS webbing to make an impromptu hook panel to anchor the DCR down?
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 2:11:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Yeah, High Speed Gear.  Their quality sure was above the Condor of course, but at their price point I may as well stay with Mayflower.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 7:19:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
HSG as in High Speed Gear Inc? I've always considered their stuff some of the toughest out there.

As to connecting a DCR to a plate carrier, anyone considered running Velcro one-wraps through the PALS webbing to make an impromptu hook panel to anchor the DCR down?
View Quote

Good idea. I don't see why it wouldn't work.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 9:09:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is what you seek.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top