Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/19/2015 7:44:32 PM EDT
Anyone have any experience with this company.... Going to invest in a carrier soon and want to know if this is durable and well made

http://www.first-spear.com/product.php?productid=17781&cat=272&page=1&featured=Y
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 7:53:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 8:07:18 PM EDT
[#2]
FirstSpear makes innovative stuff... but I'm going to say I've had negative experiences with their stuff.

1) My Glock mag pouches (ALL THREE) were insanely tight and required two hands to remove. One to hold the pouch - the other to pull the mag. In my mind I considered it negligent and dangerous that they did not work out the box. It's like they mislabeled some P226/M9 pouches or something... emailed CS and never got a response so I just went at it with a heat gun and eventually sold it.

2) I've seen a Strandhogg carrier's shoulder strap sewn into somewhere completely different. You'd expect it to be mirrored on the other side but nope...

Link Posted: 4/21/2015 12:24:19 PM EDT
[#3]

Are you familiar with Eagle Industries?

Now you are familiar with First Spear

Link Posted: 4/22/2015 6:09:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 7:09:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Explain?

Eagle is/was good stuff.
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 8:16:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Explain?

Eagle is/was good stuff.
View Quote

Buncha Eagle's employees split and started FS a few years back.
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 9:10:52 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Explain?

Eagle is/was good stuff.
View Quote

First spear was started and is staffed by former Eagle employees IIRC.
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 10:31:16 PM EDT
[#8]
First Spear is the Windham Weaponry of combat gear
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 11:13:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

I had to look up the staff from Windham to understand what you were saying, then it hit me like a brick wall. Bushmaster, Bushmaster, Bushmaster... They're all from Bushmaster.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 9:11:52 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 9:28:34 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 10:14:27 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

I don't think he was referring to their quality. At least I'd like to think not.

I think the comment was more of the fact that the crew at Eagle all just went over to FS. (When Eagle was bought out?)

OP, First Spear is known as one of the most innovative and high quality gear makes in existence. That said we've never had more high quality gear to choose from across the price ranges.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I had to look up the staff from Windham to understand what you were saying, then it hit me like a brick wall. Bushmaster, Bushmaster, Bushmaster... They're all from Bushmaster.

Ouch, BUSHMASTER??? I don't really have a dog in the fight here but I have never seen anything that wasn't top notch on a regular basis from First Spear. They make awesome innovative gear and I actually rank them up at the Top of the gear industry, personally. We have several joint ventures with them and their QC has been fantastic.

I'm interested in this as I really have nothing but good things to say about the crew at FS.

You guys know me, I don't stick my head out for people I don't know (however for my friends I am fiercely loyal), especially a company that could be a competitor to us, but I do give credit where it is due. First Spear has always gotten my seal of approval.

SOS

I don't think he was referring to their quality. At least I'd like to think not.

I think the comment was more of the fact that the crew at Eagle all just went over to FS. (When Eagle was bought out?)

OP, First Spear is known as one of the most innovative and high quality gear makes in existence. That said we've never had more high quality gear to choose from across the price ranges.
Precisely

Link Posted: 4/23/2015 10:59:59 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 11:48:03 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I get the analogy but it felt more like comparing Military Special Whiskey at the PX to Maker's Mark. First Spear took the best from Eagle and kept up the innovation to create First Spear.
Sorry for misinterpreting the intention.

SOS
View Quote

i threw up in my mouth a little thinking of the military special
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 1:02:50 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 3:48:27 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I did too just thinking about it. The second time I was a private It was all I could afford until I got my rank back up slowly. The worst part was when you would just grab it quickly and get home and realize you got the rum, or vodka instead. Why are they all clear liquids and with the same crappy label........ And how are we not blind from drinking it.

SOS
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I get the analogy but it felt more like comparing Military Special Whiskey at the PX to Maker's Mark. First Spear took the best from Eagle and kept up the innovation to create First Spear.

SOS

I did too just thinking about it. The second time I was a private It was all I could afford until I got my rank back up slowly. The worst part was when you would just grab it quickly and get home and realize you got the rum, or vodka instead. Why are they all clear liquids and with the same crappy label........ And how are we not blind from drinking it.

SOS

I caught that, if nobody else did....I was a proud two-time Lance Coolie, my damn self.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 7:28:55 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Ouch, BUSHMASTER??? I don't really have a dog in the fight here but I have never seen anything that wasn't top notch on a regular basis from First Spear. They make awesome innovative gear and I actually rank them up at the Top of the gear industry, personally. We have several joint ventures with them and their QC has been fantastic.

I'm interested in this as I really have nothing but good things to say about the crew at FS.

You guys know me, I don't stick my head out for people I don't know (however for my friends I am fiercely loyal), especially a company that could be a competitor to us, but I do give credit where it is due. First Spear has always gotten my seal of approval.

SOS
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

SOS

I really love your store, I have been buying from you since multicam was invented, pre 2006.   Your opinion means a lot to me.

Thank you.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 9:44:45 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

SOS
View Quote

Hey hey hey it all gets you drunk

Also stock some freakin armor carriers
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 10:42:55 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

SOS
View Quote

Yeah it wasn't my intent for my comment to come across as a knock against quality in any way, First Spear is a top tier maker in my mind.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 4:33:14 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

SOS
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

SOS

SOS

awesome
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 7:12:37 PM EDT
[#21]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top