Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/14/2015 11:42:27 PM EDT
The bladder in my Thermobak (link: http://shop.camelbak.com/thermobak-3l/d/1144) has gone skunky beyond what I can clean.

Anyone know if the Source bladders will fit? I like the look of their valves.
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 8:03:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
The bladder in my Thermobak (link: http://shop.camelbak.com/thermobak-3l/d/1144) has gone skunky beyond what I can clean.

Anyone know if the Source bladders will fit? I like the look of their valves.
View Quote

Don't know about the Thermobak fit,
but The Source valves absolutely suck. They are Awkward to use, and will drain water all over you, when you finally get it open. The cap and cord gets tangled up on everything.

The bladders are great however. I swapped the valve out with the Camelbak valve and everything is good.
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 9:00:25 AM EDT
[#2]
I'll check tonight for you

ETA-  looks like sic_ness got you hooked up
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 2:19:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 3:59:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Sure does.

Getting it to stay upright- that's the tricky part.
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 4:28:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 8:44:27 AM EDT
[#6]
@IronBalaclava, the straight valves that are used on all of the military style camelbaks are near impossible to use when wearing a paintball mask. The commercial camelbaks (minus the ones with the dust cover) that have a 90 degree bend in the bite valve work pretty well, so I'm hoping the Source valves will work similiarly well.

@sic_ness, thanks for the pictures.

@raf, I'm pretty sure I can secure the bladder with paracord at the top. There's D-rings at the top of the shoulder straps (with a pass through from the bladder compartment to the shoulder straps for a hose) that I think will work.
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 10:00:56 AM EDT
[#7]
I've been nothing but satisfied with my Source Bladders
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top