Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/12/2015 11:43:19 PM EDT
What are you running for a minimalist Blow Out Kit that holds all the bare essentials, but takes up the least amount of real estate?

This has been my regular setup for a while on the belt:
LBT9022B-T. It measures roughly 8.25x5.5x2.5" and takes up about 5 rows of PALs webbing.
It's decently non-obtrusive and easy to access with both hands:

Pull tab for the "quick release wire system" that holds the guts in, located underneath the Spandex panel:

With the wire removed, the guts are easily accessible with either hand. It's kinda' ghetto, but yes, everything is contained within two heavy duty,
Zip-Loc freezer bags:

Inside are your basic BOK contents after being separated from being mashed together. 2 Bolin Chest Seals, 1x QC CG, 1X 6" Izzy bandage, 1x NPA w/lube/Chest Dart/Sharpie/100 mph tape/Nitrile Gloves:

Link Posted: 4/13/2015 12:37:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/13/2015 7:00:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Sotech viper ifak........love it
Link Posted: 4/13/2015 7:16:51 AM EDT
[#3]
Don't have pics of it yet, still in pre deployment training, but got the ITS Fatboy in the mail and it's pretty low profile.  Way thinner in person than it looks online.  

Chinook medical also sells a plate carrier IFAk.  I think it can slide in an admin pouch, or behind the plate, which I think is weird.

http://www.chinookmed.com/cgi-bin/item/01383MT/MT-IFAK/%2DPlate%2DCarrier%2DInsert%2D%28TMM%2DPCI%29%2D
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 8:07:46 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Don't have pics of it yet, still in pre deployment training, but got the ITS Fatboy in the mail and it's pretty low profile.  Way thinner in person than it looks online.  

Chinook medical also sells a plate carrier IFAk.  I think it can slide in an admin pouch, or behind the plate, which I think is weird.

http://www.chinookmed.com/cgi-bin/item/01383MT/MT-IFAK/%2DPlate%2DCarrier%2DInsert%2D%28TMM%2DPCI%29%2D
View Quote

Kinda' reminds me of the Phokus Research group DTK II,  'cept the Phokus is shaped like a SAPI Plate:
http://phokusresearch.com/phokus-products/sons-trauma-kit/

Has anybody ran one or the Chinook under their PC? Comfort, Fit, etc?
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 11:14:16 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Kinda' reminds me of the Phokus Research group DTK II,  'cept the Phokus is shaped like a SAPI Plate:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's actually pretty cool.  Armor is uncomfortable enough, I wonder how this would feel.  Almost tempted to buy.
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 12:57:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

That's actually pretty cool.  Armor is uncomfortable enough, I wonder how this would feel.  Almost tempted to buy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Seems uncomfortable as hell to have a TQ/israeli bandage/scissors/etc squished between you and your plate. I guess it depends on what's in your kit.
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 8:18:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was issued one of these two years ago, unsure of maker.  Ran it under my plate for a couple weeks, then yanked it out.  It just made my PC too bulky.

The one way valve failed at 10,000 feet, noticed when the thing ballooned inside of my duffel bag.

My main concern with those wasn't necessarily the fit of them, but the fact that nobody would know that I had it anyway, and even if I tell people, who is going to reliably remember that under duress?
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 4:27:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I was issued one of these two years ago, unsure of maker.  Ran it under my plate for a couple weeks, then yanked it out.  It just made my PC too bulky.

The one way valve failed at 10,000 feet, noticed when the thing ballooned inside of my duffel bag.

My main concern with those wasn't necessarily the fit of them, but the fact that nobody would know that I had it anyway, and even if I tell people, who is going to reliably remember that under duress?
View Quote

Good points.
I've got ESAPIs, plate backers and 1 row of mags on my PCs. I'm tryna' keep it as slim as possible and don't really want any more bulk.
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 1:27:51 PM EDT
[#9]
I have used the PHOKUS plate kits the pocket/pouch kits at work. Never had an issue with them being uncomfortable etc. Started using them when guys IFAKs came up missing from IEDs. Most guys bitching about it being too uncomfortable left the plate pad in. Order of use goes body, soft armor, phokus, plate.
But they need to be a standard issue kind of thing if it's all you are going to run. Unless you like pissing off your doc.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 6:24:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Alright,
I've been playing around with the newish Sekri USGI IFAK II  for awhile,
and I'm really impressed! I think Uncle Sam really scored with this one. The IFAK II is meant to be worn at 6 O' Clock on either a belt or on the back of a PC/vest.
The complete kit consists of the outer sleeve, internal pouch attached via lanyard, BOK contents, 2 CAT TQs, 2x TQ pouches and a Gerber strap cutter.

It's super low profile, flat, and only takes up 4 rows of PALs webbing.
It's very unobtrusive when seated in or out of a vehicle and is readily accessible with either hand by yanking on the pull tabs on either side. Accessing the contents is FAST. Did I mention access is fast?

Here is the Sekri IFAK II as it appears on a belt with all contents in place. To the right is one of the Sekri CAT TQ pouches the kit comes with. The TQ pouch comes
with a strip of Velcro which is customizable to add blood type, TQ/cross marking or whatever. Kind of a neat feature:

Here's a shot of the two pull tabs located on either side, with the inner pouch partially pulled from it's sleeve. The tabs are intended to be tucked in to the sleeve to prevent snagging and are easily accessible by fishing it out with a finger. Works fine when wearing gloves too.

The Sekri TQ pouch secures the TQ in place with Velcro and a single snap. The TQ is easily accessible by grabbing the loop on the front of the pouch and simply pulling it or yanking it down. Like the IFAK II pouch, it also works with either hand while wearing gloves:

The inner pouch removed from the sleeve with the coiled tether visible. The inner pouch is secured shut with a piece of Velcro. The TQ pouch has a little adjustable Velcro tab at the bottom to adjust for retention, so the TQ doesn't fall out when the pouch when it's fully opened:

Here's a shot of the layout of the inner tri-fold pouch and it's stock contents. The contents are just like IFAKs before it, but with a couple differences.

All the slots/pockets for items are clearly labeled for refilling-a nice touch.

Inside, one will find a  4" Izzy Bandage, H&H Compressed gauze, NPA, roll of tape, pair of Nitrile gloves, and itty-bitty purpose built Sharpie. There is also an added eye shield. While there is a pocket for a pack of Quick Clot Combat Gauze, the IFAK II does not come with one, so naturally, I added my own. It should also be noted that the IFAK II does not come with a Chest Decompression Needle. One can be easily added in to one of the loops. The contents don't end there. Inside the sleeve, there is a hidden pocket secured by Velcro and a pull tab located on the right side,  which contain a Bolin Chest Seal(mine has the latest version) and a TCCC Card.

While I feel the hidden pocket should able to be opened from the left side as well, It wasn't too awkward reaching over to the right side with my left hand and pulling the Chest Seal and card out.

Overall, I feel the Sekri IFAK II is very easy to access BOK with intuitive features, and has most of all the right contents contained within a very low profile, minimalist package. It's also great that the IFAK II kit comes with two CAT TQs in two fully covered, very functional and equally accessible MOLLE pouches. The Gerber strap Cutter is also a nice addition. While I'm still just trying it out, I think I'm liking it better than my LBT-9022.

Link Posted: 4/26/2015 8:20:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Alright,
and I'm really impressed! I think Uncle Sam really scored with this one. The IFAK II is meant to be worn at 6 O' Clock on either a belt or on the back of a PC/vest.
The complete kit consists of the outer sleeve, internal pouch attached via lanyard, BOK contents, 2 CAT TQs, 2x TQ pouches and a Gerber strap cutter.

It's very unobtrusive when seated in or out of a vehicle and is readily accessible with either hand by yanking on the pull tabs on either side. Accessing the contents is FAST. Did I mention access is fast?

Here is the Sekri IFAK II as it appears on a belt with all contents in place. To the right is one of the Sekri CAT TQ pouches the kit comes with. The TQ pouch comes
with a strip of Velcro which is customizable to add blood type, TQ/cross marking or whatever. Kind of a neat feature:
<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/user/IronBalaclava/media/DSC01973_zpsbvzhlxub.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v454/IronBalaclava/DSC01973_zpsbvzhlxub.jpg</a>

Here's a shot of the two pull tabs located on either side, with the inner pouch partially pulled from it's sleeve. The tabs are intended to be tucked in to the sleeve to prevent snagging and are easily accessible by fishing it out with a finger. Works fine when wearing gloves too.

The Sekri TQ pouch secures the TQ in place with Velcro and a single snap. The TQ is easily accessible by grabbing the loop on the front of the pouch and simply pulling it or yanking it down. Like the IFAK II pouch, it also works with either hand while wearing gloves:
<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/user/IronBalaclava/media/DSC01976_zps4af4pxcp.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v454/IronBalaclava/DSC01976_zps4af4pxcp.jpg</a>

The inner pouch removed from the sleeve with the coiled tether visible. The inner pouch is secured shut with a piece of Velcro. The TQ pouch has a little adjustable Velcro tab at the bottom to adjust for retention, so the TQ doesn't fall out when the pouch when it's fully opened:
<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/user/IronBalaclava/media/DSC01980_zps8kny3wbn.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v454/IronBalaclava/DSC01980_zps8kny3wbn.jpg</a>

Here's a shot of the layout of the inner tri-fold pouch and it's stock contents. The contents are just like IFAKs before it, but with a couple differences.

Inside, one will find a  4" Izzy Bandage, H&H Compressed gauze, NPA, roll of tape, pair of Nitrile gloves, and itty-bitty purpose built Sharpie. There is also an added eye shield. While there is a pocket for a pack of Quick Clot Combat Gauze, the IFAK II does not come with one, so naturally, I added my own. It should also be noted that the IFAK II does not come with a Chest Decompression Needle. One can be easily added in to one of the loops. The contents don't end there. Inside the sleeve, there is a hidden pocket secured by Velcro and a pull tab located on the right side,  which contain a Bolin Chest Seal(mine has the latest version) and a TCCC Card.

While I feel the hidden pocket should able to be opened from the left side as well, It wasn't too awkward reaching over to the right side with my left hand and pulling the Chest Seal and card out.
<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/user/IronBalaclava/media/DSC01991_zpsuradyiqx.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v454/IronBalaclava/DSC01991_zpsuradyiqx.jpg</a>

Overall, I feel the Sekri IFAK II is very easy to access BOK with intuitive features, and has most of all the right contents contained within a very low profile, minimalist package. It's also great that the IFAK II kit comes with two CAT TQs in two fully covered, very functional and equally accessible MOLLE pouches. The Gerber strap Cutter is also a nice addition. While I'm still just trying it out, I think I'm liking it better than my LBT-9022.

View Quote

Not sure what you experience level is with using IFAK's/med gear outside of training. I would recommend that you put your TQ on the front of your plate carrier/chest rig so that it will be accessible to either hand when needed. Having it behind you when you just had your bell rung and now don't have the use of, or just plain don't have, one of your arms/hands is a recipe for disaster. You are going to want that stuff in an everyday EASY place to get at it. Having it on your back side, while convenient is going to be more of a pain in the ass for you. When you go down once someone gets to you they are going to put you on your back assuming you didn't land on your back or you did so on your own. This is so you can breathe, now to get to your kit you have to be rolled over to find it all. The pain from this roll will help you wake up but it is also a waste of time.

Your IFAK is for use on YOU and you alone, your buddy has his own that you use on him.

In the pic, with the kit open, you have what looks like to be 2" silk tape next to the compressed gauze. Toss that crap in your bathroom first aid kit. If you want tape get some riggers (duct) tape or even better that gorilla tape from homedepot. That silk crap is next to useless for when an IFAK is needed. Silk tape has its use and its place neither of which is in an IFAK.

Also get an NPA for your kit. If you are unconscious or hell if you are conscious and may have any airway or level of consciousness issues you are getting an NPA and that's about it if they have others hurt. Once the others are assessed and the fight is over then you will get better care, assuming you need it.

Link Posted: 4/26/2015 9:22:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 9:25:30 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 10:06:30 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Not sure what you experience level is with using IFAK's/med gear outside of training. I would recommend that you put your TQ on the front of your plate carrier/chest rig so that it will be accessible to either hand when needed. Having it behind you when you just had your bell rung and now don't have the use of, or just plain don't have, one of your arms/hands is a recipe for disaster. You are going to want that stuff in an everyday EASY place to get at it. Having it on your back side, while convenient is going to be more of a pain in the ass for you. When you go down once someone gets to you they are going to put you on your back assuming you didn't land on your back or you did so on your own. This is so you can breathe, now to get to your kit you have to be rolled over to find it all. The pain from this roll will help you wake up but it is also a waste of time.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

No doubt.
I definitely keep a mandatory TQ on the front of my JPC and it's backup.
There is also a really fucking tight fitting BOK crammed into a Crye Internal MBITR pouch on each JPC(the plastic bags).

Honestly, I usually just roll with the JPC, the belt that holds my pants up, a blaster, 1 blaster mag and a SF hand held light in Raven Concealment/Comp-Tac rigs.
ETA:

I'm still not sure I like "war belts", mine rides up all over the place and any BOK/IFAK/TQ on it is to be considered a backup anyway.

Training is suckingly rudimentary. Proper CLS course due in a couple months.

In the pic, with the kit open, you have what looks like to be 2" silk tape next to the compressed gauze. Toss that crap in your bathroom first aid kit. If you want tape get some riggers (duct) tape or even better that gorilla tape from homedepot. That silk crap is next to useless for when an IFAK is needed. Silk tape has its use and its place neither of which is in an IFAK.

Lol. Done. Tossed that weak shit.
Rolled up some 100 mph tape and threw it in there.

Also get an NPA for your kit. If you are unconscious or hell if you are conscious and may have any airway or level of consciousness issues you are getting an NPA and that's about it if they have others hurt. Once the others are assessed and the fight is over then you will get better care, assuming you need it.

There's actually one in there, but yeah.....you just reminded me to throw one in the "Really-Fucking-Tight-BOK" in the JPC and a decomp needle.
Thanks.

"Really-Tight-Fucking-BOK"
Loksak plastic bag in another cheaper fucking plastic bag containing:
USGI field dressing(due to space constraints, so no Izzys)
Quick Clot Combat Gauze
Halo Chest Seals
Nitrile Gloves
Prep wipe
Shears
CAT TQ
Not pictured: NPA/Lube and a Chest Dart since added.

"Really-Tight-Fucking-BOK"  pulled out of Crye Internal MBITR Pouch:

The shit inside the "Really-Tight-Fucking-BOK" without the recently added NPA/Chest Dart

I guess this here, fittingly, would be considered my lowest profile BOK.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 10:07:53 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I have used the PHOKUS plate kits the pocket/pouch kits at work. Never had an issue with them being uncomfortable etc. Started using them when guys IFAKs came up missing from IEDs. Most guys bitching about it being too uncomfortable left the plate pad in. Order of use goes body, soft armor, phokus, plate.
But they need to be a standard issue kind of thing if it's all you are going to run. Unless you like pissing off your doc.
View Quote

A guy has a few for sale on the EE for cheap as shit right now. I'm considering picking up one just for shits and giggles.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 10:18:26 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Having an IFAK on the small of one's back has always struck me as asinine.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Alright,

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/user/IronBalaclava/media/DSC01973_zpsbvzhlxub.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v454/IronBalaclava/DSC01973_zpsbvzhlxub.jpg</a>

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/user/IronBalaclava/media/DSC01976_zps4af4pxcp.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v454/IronBalaclava/DSC01976_zps4af4pxcp.jpg</a>

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/user/IronBalaclava/media/DSC01980_zps8kny3wbn.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v454/IronBalaclava/DSC01980_zps8kny3wbn.jpg</a>

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/user/IronBalaclava/media/DSC01991_zpsuradyiqx.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v454/IronBalaclava/DSC01991_zpsuradyiqx.jpg</a>

Your IFAK is for use on YOU and you alone, your buddy has his own that you use on him.

Having an IFAK on the small of one's back has always struck me as asinine.

Honestly,
the 2 things I've garnered are: 1)accessible with either hand. 2.) Minimizing profile up front and to the sides.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 10:23:33 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 1:48:52 AM EDT
[#18]
I keep an ITS Tactical EDC with an extra pair of nitrile gloves stuffed into the pouch in my pocket any time I'm carrying a firearm.  It's low-profile in that you can't see it in a thigh pocket, and if I'm running jeans, most assume it's a wallet in my back pocket if they can even make it out..  I've got another mounted on my training chest rig, along with a CAT-T.

I like these kits because I understand all of the contents, and the EMS response time at my place of employment (I'm the manager of an indoor shooting range and a firearms instructor) is extremely fast.  My employer, for liability reasons, does not want to encourage range personnel to act outside the scope of their training by providing detailed trauma kits.  I can render self-aid with all of the contents.  I only have CLS training from my pre-deployment work-ups, and am not an EMT or Corpsman.  As a result, I have no experience with decompression needles or NPAs and would emphatically not use either for self-aid.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 2:25:39 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I keep an ITS Tactical EDC with an extra pair of nitrile gloves stuffed into the pouch in my pocket any time I'm carrying a firearm.  It's low-profile in that you can't see it in a thigh pocket, and if I'm running jeans, most assume it's a wallet in my back pocket if they can even make it out..  I've got another mounted on my training chest rig, along with a CAT-T.

I like these kits because I understand all of the contents, and the EMS response time at my place of employment (I'm the manager of an indoor shooting range and a firearms instructor) is extremely fast.  My employer, for liability reasons, does not want to encourage range personnel to act outside the scope of their training by providing detailed trauma kits.  I can render self-aid with all of the contents.  I only have CLS training from my pre-deployment work-ups, and am not an EMT or Corpsman.  As a result, I have no experience with decompression needles or NPAs and would emphatically not use either for self-aid.
View Quote

That looks about as thin as you can stretch a BOK.
I would feel more comfortable with some HALO Chest Seals to go with it.

Like you, I too am a full time Range Master and teach basic firearm instruction. My employer's insurance will not cover any aid/fuck-ups rendered to a shooter/customer regardless of certifications.

SOP is:
I'll call a cease fire, clear actions and clear out the range while calling for First Responders. Then hand out Lysol and paper towels(the latter is strictly dependent on if dude isn't dying and just did some dumb ass shit).

My personal BOKs and the one's I keep handy are reserved for myself and my buddies at work.
As for the decomp needles. I don't think I'll really ever feel quite comfortable with those. Those are strictly for the guys that are usually on site, that know how to apply them so, better to have and not need than............

Link Posted: 4/28/2015 1:09:59 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

Direct pressure is a life saver... All the other sexy stuff is completely useless if you don't have practical up to date training on how and when to use it. People get WAY to wrapped around the axel over needle-D's. With multiple tours to both Irq and Afg I have only done ONE needle-D... With all the hype around them you would think it was an every day wound. Don't open yourself up to civil drama trying to be a hero. If you are in any developed part of the US and EMS is around the corner stop the bleeding and keep em breathing.

I may have read it wrong but you stated that you are a CLS but have no training in the use of an NPA?
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 3:08:45 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Direct pressure is a life saver... All the other sexy stuff is completely useless if you don't have practical up to date training on how and when to use it. People get WAY to wrapped around the axel over needle-D's. With multiple tours to both Irq and Afg I have only done ONE needle-D... With all the hype around them you would think it was an every day wound. Don't open yourself up to civil drama trying to be a hero. If you are in any developed part of the US and EMS is around the corner stop the bleeding and keep em breathing.

I may have read it wrong but you stated that you are a CLS but have no training in the use of an NPA?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've worked my entire career in trauma medicine and can affirm that Direct Pressure handles 95% of normal wounds. most people do not apply enough pressure to the wound.
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 7:02:54 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 12:18:12 AM EDT
[#23]
small of the back is where my next IFAK is going. Its going there for ambi use and to save space/reduce profile width.

Since most of the kits designed to be worn on the back feature a pull out tray then being on your back isnt much of an issue for me. If the contents werent movable then I could see how that placement could be more problematic.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 4:37:02 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Correct.  Marine Corps pre-deployment block training for individual augments does not include hands-on use of NPAs.  Having never done it, I'm not going to set myself up for failure by metaphorically buying a piano and hoping that will make me a musician.

I agree with your general assessment.  I have more detailed medical supplies for if I'm in the boonies, at a range where I don't work, teaching shooter first aid to my staff, etc.  But I only carry the EDC on a routine basis because it plays nicely with the idea of being extremely simple.  Direct pressure to control bleeding is, from what all of my Corpsmen friends have told me (echoing your sentiments) the most important thing that a lay person can do to save a life.  The only time I've had to call 911 at my civilian job, the police were on-deck within six minutes.

The only things I habitually add to the EDC kit are an extra pair of gloves.  I may consider carrying a TQ of some sort, but haven't thought of a convenient way to do so as yet.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 5:07:30 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Correct.  Marine Corps pre-deployment block training for individual augments does not include hands-on use of NPAs.  Having never done it, I'm not going to set myself up for failure by metaphorically buying a piano and hoping that will make me a musician.

I agree with your general assessment.  I have more detailed medical supplies for if I'm in the boonies, at a range where I don't work, teaching shooter first aid to my staff, etc.  But I only carry the EDC on a routine basis because it plays nicely with the idea of being extremely simple.  Direct pressure to control bleeding is, from what all of my Corpsmen friends have told me (echoing your sentiments) the most important thing that a lay person can do to save a life.  The only time I've had to call 911 at my civilian job, the police were on-deck within six minutes.

The only things I habitually add to the EDC kit are an extra pair of gloves.  I may consider carrying a TQ of some sort, but haven't thought of a convenient way to do so as yet.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

How long have you been out? I have taught countless CLS classes and all of them had instruction and application on the NPA.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 2:54:29 AM EDT
[#26]
I'm still in the reserves.  My last two CENTCOM deployments were in '11-'12 and '12-'13.  As an individual augment, mind you.  No medical people teach the classes; it's all block training that's just signed off on by the Corpsmen with the DPC.  There's no prac ap.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 10:10:06 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I'm still in the reserves.  My last two CENTCOM deployments were in '11-'12 and '12-'13.  As an individual augment, mind you.  No medical people teach the classes; it's all block training that's just signed off on by the Corpsmen with the DPC.  There's no prac ap.
View Quote

That's retarded, ppt can't teach everything. The HM's should be teaching you guys everthing they can, it's what we've done in every BN  I have been in. Oh well you do what ya gotta do.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 2:39:06 PM EDT
[#28]
Again, my last two deployments (my previous mobilization was way back in '07) were as an individual augment; not as part of a unit mobilization.  The DPC does a very good job about efficiently getting Marines current on all of their annual training very rapidly, but there's not much time to dwell on any given thing.  And while I did go to Afghanistan, there were lots of Marines headed to IA billets in Bahrain, Qatar, Kuwait, Jordan, and other only-technically-combat-zones that wouldn't have necessarily 'needed' the full-house CLS course.

I do agree, though.  Powerpoint only gets you so far.  Hence my not carrying an NPA.  Wouldn't be comfortable using one without hands-on training.
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 3:41:21 PM EDT
[#29]
I actually have a LBX med kit mounted SOB and to ME, it's the perfect place with it. The problem with mounting a med kit to either side is that it may be a bit difficult to reach if said arm is out of commission. With it SOB, either arm can access it. The good thing about the LBX/9022B form factor is that it's just big enough to handle a major bleeder; not much room to over pack it. I've driven with it and it kinda acts like lumbar support and it's quite comfortable. I have a slightly longer torso, so I don't have any problems with packs interfering with it (unless of course, my wild land pack).

Link Posted: 5/1/2015 10:36:56 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Again, my last two deployments (my previous mobilization was way back in '07) were as an individual augment; not as part of a unit mobilization.  The DPC does a very good job about efficiently getting Marines current on all of their annual training very rapidly, but there's not much time to dwell on any given thing.  And while I did go to Afghanistan, there were lots of Marines headed to IA billets in Bahrain, Qatar, Kuwait, Jordan, and other only-technically-combat-zones that wouldn't have necessarily 'needed' the full-house CLS course.

I do agree, though.  Powerpoint only gets you so far.  Hence my not carrying an NPA.  Wouldn't be comfortable using one without hands-on training.
View Quote

Chill out, I was agreeing with you as far as using the training that you have, no need to get indignant with me on your training. You are the one who misrepresented yourself when you stated you are/had CLS training. First aid/buddy aid is not anything remotely close to CLS. But hey thanks for the education on how IA workups go.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 4:14:03 AM EDT
[#31]
Not worked up man, you're reading things in that aren't there.
Link Posted: 5/6/2015 7:50:26 PM EDT
[#32]
So, nobody else has pics/details of their setups?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top