Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/9/2015 6:07:36 PM EDT
So Nike has some new boots. The SFB Field and Jungle. Of course the jungle has me interested, but most boots fit my feet my crap. I have flat feet, and this bony feet so most boots are sloppy fits. Best fits come from Narrow boots, but being Narrow they are a bit tight.

Now Nike shoes fit my feet great, so has anyone tried these that can comment on the fit?
http://m.nike.com/us/en_us/pd/sfb-jungle-boot/pid-855044/pgid-10084186
Phone won't let me make it hot. Sorry.
Link Posted: 4/9/2015 7:09:41 PM EDT
[#1]
I have the SFB leather.  They've worked great through 2 years of drills and 4 annual trainings and schools.  They are the most running shoe like boot I've ever worn.  However, I have concerns about long term durability.  I would not expect them to last through a combat deployment, while issued boots did so with no problem.
Link Posted: 4/9/2015 7:56:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have the SFB leather.  They've worked great through 2 years of drills and 4 annual trainings and schools.  They are the most running shoe like boot I've ever worn.  However, I have concerns about long term durability.  I would not expect them to last through a combat deployment, while issued boots did so with no problem.
View Quote

Thanks, I do know the new version is supposed to have fixed the durability issues of the older SFB. I may give them a shot since my boots fit less than ideally on my feet.
Link Posted: 4/10/2015 1:40:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Those are really ugly. I bought a pair of SFB right after they came out (4 years ago?) and still wear them on a regular basis. They lasted 3 years of active duty. The tread is worn and the sole is starting to separate slightly from the upper, but that's about it. The SFB is by far my favorite military boot. Now, I do not do a lot of rucking in them, but for my purposes, they are great. If you have comfort issues with your current boots, I think you will be quite impressed with these.
Link Posted: 4/10/2015 1:44:49 PM EDT
[#4]
I have the previous version.   I got them super cheap as a holdover until supply could get my issued boots from the supplier.
They are ok but i would have been less than happy with them for full price.   I think I paid $25.
Link Posted: 4/10/2015 1:47:27 PM EDT
[#5]
I really want to find a local shop with the SFB Mountains
Link Posted: 4/10/2015 2:23:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/10/2015 9:37:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I really want to find a local shop with the SFB Mountains
View Quote

The Mountains do look really nice, I just don't have much use for mountain boots. I also see they have a AR 670-1 compliant pair of the Field as well. May get those to replace my issued boots as well.

Appreciate the feedback everyone.
Link Posted: 4/10/2015 10:19:00 PM EDT
[#8]
I wear the new 670-1 compliant SFBs at work every day. The problem I have with them is they are much slower to break in (and they DO need to break in before hard use) than the old SFB. I use to be able to buy a pair of SFBs and ruck in them the next day. These boots due to new mandated construction methods are much stiffer. For an idea, I am just now to the point 6 weeks later where I can ruck a 20k in them and not get blisters on my heels. The heel cup in these boots is very stiff, and where the upper joins the lower around the heel cup isn't sewn very well which results in skin coming off my achilles tendon on a regular basis. I think I'll get a pair of Garmonts next, I'm just not too impressed with these boots.
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 8:19:57 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I wear the new 670-1 compliant SFBs at work every day. The problem I have with them is they are much slower to break in (and they DO need to break in before hard use) than the old SFB. I use to be able to buy a pair of SFBs and ruck in them the next day. These boots due to new mandated construction methods are much stiffer. For an idea, I am just now to the point 6 weeks later where I can ruck a 20k in them and not get blisters on my heels. The heel cup in these boots is very stiff, and where the upper joins the lower around the heel cup isn't sewn very well which results in skin coming off my achilles tendon on a regular basis. I think I'll get a pair of Garmonts next, I'm just not too impressed with these boots.
View Quote

Go rocky S2V jungle's if you ruck. Garmont's heel cup is pretty hard on about 40% of the guys that try them. S2V jungles have a stitched on sole with a lower rise. Bought my first pair on the Darby pass and wore them through mountains with no issue.
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 12:58:58 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Go rocky S2V jungle's if you ruck. Garmont's heel cup is pretty hard on about 40% of the guys that try them. S2V jungles have a stitched on sole with a lower rise. Bought my first pair on the Darby pass and wore them through mountains with no issue.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Cool, i'll look into them. I'm doing my posts pre-ranger program right now and these nikes are beating my feet to hell and back.

Link Posted: 4/11/2015 3:23:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Cool, i'll look into them. I'm doing my posts pre-ranger program right now and these nikes are beating my feet to hell and back.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pm sent
Link Posted: 4/12/2015 11:38:36 AM EDT
[#12]
I haven't had good success with them, mine had the sole split from the boot after minimal field use. (Humps, pack runs, patrols, etc.)
Link Posted: 4/12/2015 12:48:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

S2V's are amazing.  Heavy, but really really good boots.
Link Posted: 4/12/2015 5:49:09 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sadly, they are among a large list of boots that do not work with my feet. I tried them once. My feet are flat enough and thin enough that I usually need Narrows to give me enough room to lace tightly, but then the front ball area is generally to right to allow proper flex for my foot when I run. Narrows greatly hinder my running speed, but at least I can lace them up enough to not slip around in my feet.

The best boots I used were those old OTB brand boots, before New Balance bought them out and nukedthe brand.
Link Posted: 4/12/2015 8:52:51 PM EDT
[#15]
I loved OTB boots. Most comfortable boots I've ever worn. Too bad they would last < 1 year
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 6:02:15 PM EDT
[#16]
So my Nikes came in today and so far I am impressed.

I got the updated jungles with the updated Panama sole and I have to say fit wise these trump all. I have never had a pair of boots fit me this well. I ordered a 12 and it is by far the perfect fit. A thumb nail of space for my toe and boots fit the rest of me like a nice glove with plenty of spare room to lace it tighter.

The soles also have a few small drain holes for water.

So far so good, but only time will tell how well they hold up, but given the fit of these I may need to order a pair of the 670-1 compliant ones to replace my Belleville 390s.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top