Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/31/2015 5:22:39 PM EDT
I found a source for very low cost surplus IOTV shells, but they do not come with the ballistic panels, does anyone know where I can find the panels?

For that matter; where can I find complete vests?
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 5:53:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Check out army navy stores abroad
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 7:34:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Check out army navy stores abroad
View Quote

That's where I found the carrier, but there are just so many of these stores, surely they must have a supplier?  I spent several hours last night digging through websites of about a dozen different stores, there has to be a more efficient way.
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 7:49:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Get BALS armor and carrier. Far easier to find.

Or just use a plate carrier
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 8:15:49 PM EDT
[#4]
In my opinion plate carriers are the way to go. I speak from real world use / experience. Full armor sucks and imo isn't worth the extra weight, heat (lack of ventilation) and reduced mobility in MOST situations. If there is a threat of shotguns or pistols the full armor might be worth it. But when you are wearing armor you WANT to show your chest anyway. You want to hide the vital, if your turned somewhat and struck in the side front and rear plates didn't help did they? And side plates don't cover your whole side the leave the upper portion unprotected unless you count your arms. You want the attacker to target the armor / center mass.

It's a compromise, and imo the reduced dexterity, heat, noise, and weight are not worth it in most in civilian applications.
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 9:04:21 PM EDT
[#5]
The easiest way I know of to get IOTV panels is to join the Army. They will give you some to use for the next several years.
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 9:44:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
In my opinion plate carriers are the way to go. I speak from real world use / experience. Full armor sucks and imo isn't worth the extra weight, heat (lack of ventilation) and reduced mobility in MOST situations. If there is a threat of shotguns or pistols the full armor might be worth it. But when you are wearing armor you WANT to show your chest anyway. You want to hide the vital, if your turned somewhat and struck in the side front and rear plates didn't help did they? And side plates don't cover your whole side the leave the upper portion unprotected unless you count your arms. You want the attacker to target the armor / center mass.

It's a compromise, and imo the reduced dexterity, heat, noise, and weight are not worth it in most in civilian applications.
View Quote

That's the problem, this vest is for a riot/Katrina civil breakdown type scenario in that case pistol and shotgun threats are a real possibility and probably more likely than rifle, and the addition of the soft armor could be of benefit.
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 11:15:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

Here are vests with the soft armor panels. Groin, neck, lower back, and deltoid protectors are available also and they sometimes have the hard plates. Might be a little more than you are looking to spend though.

http://www.qm-supply.com/products-page-2/body-armor/interceptor-vests/

Also, check Craigslist for the city outside the closest Army base to you.
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 2:42:19 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Here are vests with the soft armor panels. Groin, neck, lower back, and deltoid protectors are available also and they sometimes have the hard plates. Might be a little more than you are looking to spend though.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Those appear to be Interceptors.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top