Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/30/2015 12:34:02 PM EDT
I'm hunting for a heavy duty 1 or 1-1/2" 3 ring binder.  I needs to be closeable (zippered, or straps)  It'll hold laminated sheets of paper, will spend a lot of time thrown in gear bags and in airplanes, and it would really nice if it had a writing surface on the back so I can fill out paperwork while seated.  Any ideas?

Link Posted: 3/30/2015 1:03:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Rite in the Rain I think makes something like that, but I can't remember.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 2:00:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Sounds like you need this...

Link Posted: 3/30/2015 2:06:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Try Staples.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 3:04:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I'm hunting for a heavy duty 1 or 1-1/2" 3 ring binder.  I needs to be closeable (zippered, or straps)  It'll hold laminated sheets of paper, will spend a lot of time thrown in gear bags and in airplanes, and it would really nice if it had a writing surface on the back so I can fill out paperwork while seated.  Any ideas?

View Quote

Just get a super heavy duty 3 ring and superglue or sew some velcro straps on the lip. Or I'm sure someone sells a "tactical" model for $100
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 4:07:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 6:27:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 8:36:57 PM EDT
[#7]
I usually just put important papers in a document protectors and then a compartmented clipboard.
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 9:31:00 AM EDT
[#8]
Go to lowes or Home Depot and get a contractors clipboard.  Or buy a 3 ring binder and slide a clip board into the front/rear sleeve.  No matter what you get eventually the rings will get smashed and you'll toss it and get another.
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 10:32:15 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Go to lowes or Home Depot and get a contractors clipboard.  Or buy a 3 ring binder and slide a clip board into the front/rear sleeve.  No matter what you get eventually the rings will get smashed and you'll toss it and get another.
View Quote

Another option is a few of those plastic report folders and instead of metal rings, just use 550 cord through document protectors.  

The shit works for OPSCHEDS, EXCHECKS, UNS/GRG sets, all sorts of stuff most dudes use during operations.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top