Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/14/2015 6:08:30 AM EDT
[#1]
for work stuff, I have had a g shock since I started in the army. 8 years later and its still kicking. off duty I have a citizen.
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 11:29:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I like my Citizen Eco Nighthawk-AT.  Solar Powered, never needs a battery.  Radio Sync, never needs to be set for correct time including for daylight savings time.  Perpetual Calender, never need to be set for calender corrections, including leap year.  Quartz crystal bezel, very hard and scratch resistant.  Watch is made of black titanium all the way through, no finish to wear off.  Has all the other chronograph features you would expect too.

http://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb324/Snake_driver/Nighthawk-AT_02_zps8c020652.jpg
View Quote

Really like the look of this watch, might need to add it to my collection
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 11:54:56 PM EDT
[#3]

Their nice, I have one. Went to pick it up after having it serviced. Tried this on, bad idea. Two days later I brought it home with me.

Link Posted: 4/19/2015 11:10:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Does a completely automatic watch that has a barometer, thermometer and compass exist?
View Quote

Several of the Casio Pro Trek series will fit that bill.  Mine is solar, atomic timekeeping, baro, alt, temp, compass, moon phase and tides.  You can look over the models to mix and match which of those you want, I just got the one with almost all of the features.
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 11:26:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
What's a good high quality wrist watch that I should look into getting?

Not too knowledgeable about them, but I'd really like to stop relying on my iPhone so much.
View Quote

You need to tell us more about your preferences.

Price range-  high quality to some is a Patek Philipe perpetual calendar that runs about $75,000. A quality timepiece can be as affordable as $1,200 or so IMO.
Casual or formal- very generally- formal has a leather strap, is under 40mm and has few or no complications.
Mechanical or quartz- there is only one correct answer IMO (mech).
Automatic or hand wound?

The OP is a little like saying "I need a quality gun".....need to have you elaborate!

[edit] I see the $300 budget. In that range seiko is your best bet. Very good value.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 9:00:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 10:34:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Search for Casio PAW-1300T.
Had mine since 2007 through the fire/EMS service, Kenya and now Afghanistan.
165 USD.
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 8:51:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Marathon TSAR or Gshock classic
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 12:45:00 AM EDT
[#9]
I love my Luminox 3001. My first one lasted me 14 years of beating it up pretty good, and still works flawless.
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 2:57:56 AM EDT
[#10]
Casio G Shock Mudman for me.  IMHO it is build like a tank, price is good to go for me and does everything I need and then some.  ETA content.
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 3:29:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I like my Citizen Eco Nighthawk-AT.  Solar Powered, never needs a battery.  Radio Sync, never needs to be set for correct time including for daylight savings time.  Perpetual Calender, never need to be set for calender corrections, including leap year.  Quartz crystal bezel, very hard and scratch resistant.  Watch is made of black titanium all the way through, no finish to wear off.  Has all the other chronograph features you would expect too.

http://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb324/Snake_driver/Nighthawk-AT_02_zps8c020652.jpg
View Quote

You cost me some money buddy

Link Posted: 5/16/2015 10:19:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I've been mighty pleased with my Seiko 5 military self-winder:

http://www.watchgallery.eu/gallery/seiko-5-military-automatic-watch/seiko-5-military-automatic-watch-3.jpg
View Quote

+1
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top