Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/1/2015 10:37:08 PM EDT
Looking for 2x2, open top, bungee retention. The pic is of HSGI, but i think theyre discontinued. Condor makes one but i want something from a more reputable company.

Link Posted: 3/1/2015 11:07:10 PM EDT
[#1]
ATS makes one- it's a single however.
http://www.optactical.com/atsdom4stmap.html

Do they have to be staggered? There's lots of choices if you can stand to have the mags at the same level.
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 11:12:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Do they have to be staggered? There's lots of choices if you can stand to have the mags at the same level.
View Quote

doesnt have to be staggered, and id prefer it a double for more rigidity. I know about the Tacos and the KIWIs but id want the bungee style retention if possible..
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 12:11:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Ats for sure, diamondback used to make a single version that was tiered
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 2:32:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
doesnt have to be staggered, and id prefer it a double for more rigidity. I know about the Tacos and the KIWIs but id want the bungee style retention if possible..
View Quote

Don't forget how easy it is to add bungee retention to any mag pouch with MOLLE or any other front and back side anchor points
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 3:11:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There are also many shingle style pouch options available from a wide variety of manufacturers and most of these pouches use a bungee retention.  You could use 4 single or 2 double (side-by-side) mag shingle pouches and stack them with the MOLLE webbing.  You could even stagger them by mounting the front pouches a line lower if you really want.

While it might be more expensive than buying a single piece that fits your criteria, the benefit of doing something like this is that it is modular so you can experiment with it and set it up in a variety of ways if you find that you have to change your load-out for one reason or another.

I like Tactical Tailor mag shingles, but, again, there are a bunch out there that are all essentially the same thing.  Singles, doubles, triples are the common options available.

In any case, good luck in your hunt for equipment that works for you.  
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 3:30:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Check out the one from T3 Gear. They are made in the US and the quality is every bit as good as the HSGI in your photo. Everything I have from them is bombproof.

http://www.t3gear.com/t3-m4-quad-shingle-mag-pouch-4/
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 9:05:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 9:02:20 AM EDT
[#8]
Thanks guy, i think i will go with the trident one, its just what i was looking for. The reason i wanted it 2 wide, is ive found 1 wide and double stacked to be too floppy for my tastes.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 9:33:36 PM EDT
[#9]
If they fit your needs, singles are more flexible. Try the Open Top Molle Single Shingles from SORD. I would not stack them. Some like to mod the cord to a thicker type.

CSA branch is in Frankfort, Kentucky.  Tonia will take great care of you   www.sordusa.com
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top