Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/27/2015 2:33:04 PM EDT
I have a medium size O.M. Tactical ARC-3 (high cut) ballistic helmet and I would like to install the Ops Core ACH-ARC rail kit.  According to their website it states that the kit will not fit these style helmets but I have seen pictures with them installed on "high cut" helmets.  Do any of you know if they do fit ok?  I have sent them a message just waiting for a reply.   Any suggestions?
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 3:30:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 3:32:14 PM EDT
[#2]
You really need to worry more about the bolt holes on the rails than anything else.

If those do match up, then the horizontal section of the ARC will probably ride over the edge of the cut-out sides of the helmet, they'll be lower than the cut on the helmet for sure... but probably not by much.

If you're dead-set on the rails, use an ACH or a ballistic FAST.  

Long story short:
OC can't fit the ARC rails to every single helmet out there, there's a lot of them and they can't liable for you buying a product that won't fit your lid and then get pissed off when you finally notice that it's not perfect.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 5:46:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Normally I would but It's just that I've seen pictures of the high cut helmets with rails and some don't fit right and some look like they do.  Just trying to find the brand that fits the best.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 6:09:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Normally I would but It's just that I've seen pictures of the high cut helmets with rails and some don't fit right and some look like they do.  Just trying to find the brand that fits the best.
View Quote

That's your answer.

Buy them and see if they fit your helmet. If not return them or sell them on the EE.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 9:56:51 PM EDT
[#5]

I have a United Shield Sprint high cut and was wondering the same.  It can be bought w an oem rail but states that one cant be user installed.  It's an issued helmet btw.

If I wasn't so lazy, I'd consider buying a cheap ass ebay ARC clone to see what mods need to be made to get it to fit.

Link Posted: 2/28/2015 1:37:32 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

That's your answer.

Buy them and see if they fit your helmet. If not return them or sell them on the EE.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's your answer.

This is what I did.   Installed the OPS-CORE rail on the Striker high cut from HighCom Securiy. Go for it.
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 1:00:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Well...I ordered some black ach arc rails made by MSA today.  Had a hard time finding them too. They said they will fit for sure.  We will see.  Thanks for the help guys.
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 4:52:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

If I wasn't so lazy, I'd consider buying a cheap ass ebay ARC clone to see what mods need to be made to get it to fit.

I've read the quality of the ebay rails are awful

View Quote

Link Posted: 3/1/2015 12:41:05 PM EDT
[#9]
You should see if the ArmorSource ASR-010 Universal Helmet Rail System fits. I mean it does say universal so I would assume so.
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 5:19:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
You should see if the ArmorSource ASR-010 Universal Helmet Rail System fits. I mean it does say universal so I would assume so.
View Quote

I was thinking about them yesterday so I called the vendor and they said they will fit.  I decided not to get them because they were not screw on.  I was looking for ones that would screw into the existing holes and fit good. Don't want to drill any holes in the helmet.

I think the ArmorSource Rails are held on by Velcro or epoxy glue which may actually be good if you don't want to drill any additional holes in your helmet.  Also, if you Velcro them on and don't like them you can always remove them or move them to another helmet.  It's good to have several options.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top