Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/25/2015 6:16:50 PM EDT
Do any of you have experience using the RBAV-SF? I purchased one recently for what I thought to be a good deal. It was listed as used, but it looks brand new and it came with M97 soft armor.

I've been using Eagle CIRAS vests for a while, and upon initial inspection, these seem head and shoulders above the Eagle offering.
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 6:42:07 PM EDT
[#1]
IIRC, wasn't the designer of the RBAV also the designer of the CIRAS or Paraclete's RAV? I may be off on this one. But it is an improvement over the CIRAS/RAV.
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 7:44:12 PM EDT
[#2]
The RBAV was designed by the guy who made the CIRAS. I really like my RBAV AF. They are very comfortable and more versatile. I just wish they made them in multicam again. I wish they would have issued the RBAV to the regular army folks instead of that horrible IOTV or KDH plate carrier.

-Evil Nadman
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 7:50:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The RBAV was designed by the guy who made the CIRAS. I really like my RBAV AF. They are very comfortable and more versatile. I just wish they made them in multicam again. I wish they would have issued the RBAV to the regular army folks instead of that horrible IOTV or KDH plate carrier.

-Evil Nadman
View Quote

Can you enlighten me on the differences between the SF and AF versions?
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 9:26:38 PM EDT
[#4]
af had a differently sized cummerbund flap and routing channel ports in the vest body for comm wires

the RBAV and the eclipse suite from BAE was designed by Matt Johnson after his tenure @ eagle.

that is why there is an external similarity.  The vests use of 500D vice the 1000D of the CIRAS was enough to elicit better comfort
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top