Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/2/2015 11:20:45 PM EDT
As many of you know I have been running ESSTAC Gear for about 10 years now. I am not associated with ESSTAC in anyway, other than I love Stu's Gear.
Over the last few days I have posted several pics of my current rig and set up because frankly, I am at Fort Knox as a Geo-Bachelor and am bored as hell because of the weather.

It seems everyone is putting out "Micro-Rigs" or Streamlined chest rigs these days capable of being run by themselves or being attached to a PC.
Stu at ESSTAC was as usual way ahead of the game. I bought my first Iberian rig in 2012 from Stu. originally named the Build-A-Boar production changed and Stu renamed it the Iberian.

Enter the IBERIAN!  

This Streamlined chest rig comes with:
~Built in Tear away IFAK,
~4 x M4 mag pouches with Kywi Retainers
~2 x Double Stack Pistol Mag pouches also with Kywi Mag pouches.
~Dual Closure Split front design. YKK Heavy duty Zipper or Fastex Buckle.

Keep in mind the one pictured is a Prototype I talked Stu into Selling me. The Straps are now ALL colored appropriately on newer models.
A lot of vest for the $$/ Did I mention I love this Vest!

Med Pouch is a Tear Away design.

In 2012 I was running an SKD PIG. I normally just ran the X-harness over the top of the PC and it worked fine.....

Or with No Armor

Over the last 2 years I have been running it over a Mayflower PC.
I like this rig because of its light weight and durable construction and it works well with my Esstac Rig.

I am a big fan of attaching my Chest rig to the vest. I dont like mounting pouches directly to a PC because of many reasons. In my current capacity it is nice to be able to drop my Combat load and still be able to maintain Armor protection in High Threat scenario's. Which at the moment centers around training and Competitions.

Anyway, It is very easy to MOD the Iberian to adapt to any PC but specifically to the Mayflower rig. No real permanent mods or sewing had to be done to achieve this.

First I found these on EBAY . They are SPC strap kit pieces for mounting a Hydration system to the Eagle SPC. Strap kits are on EBAY all the time for about $20. The come with 6 of these I think, maybe just 4, cant remember. They also come with several other straps and buckles as well.

Next Replace Female Buckle on the above with a Male buckle and add tri-glide to secure:  
Replace the X-Harness Strap attachment with Hook and Loop/ Buckle from SPC.

Last Add Swift clip kit from Mayflower

Wa-La!!!

I am open to your questions. But I will tell you, It has been asked of me a hundred times, about drawing from the right side and hitting the IFAK.

Non-Issue Gents, there is NO Perfect rig. Some things you just have to learn to deal with. After practicing and training this way for over a year it is, a Non issue.

Just like shooting a Rifle with a PC on. If you dont train like that you will SUCK shooting with it until you learn how to position your weapon. You have to train gents and Shoot, shoot, shoot.

Just my $.02
Good luck, hope I helped some of you.
cp

Link Posted: 2/3/2015 1:21:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 2:51:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Absolutely!!!
I should have mentioned the DRG QASM Vertical Connector.
I use that when I use the Eagle SPC or also when I still had my SKD PIG. I just dont have any pics of them.
cp
Link Posted: 2/4/2015 8:51:34 AM EDT
[#3]
I love mine
Link Posted: 2/13/2015 11:54:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Think I dont Love this Rig? And this is only 4 I actually have 6 of these now (Kinda by mistake) 2 have been loned out.

More to come on the lower right rig I just special ordered and received from ESSTAC.

Iberian (Non Spilt front with 2 columns of MOLLE on Each side. )

Also I am going to Switch the Iberian IFAK to the Left and Radio on right for awhile and see how it runs for me.

More Pics to come....................................
cp
Link Posted: 2/13/2015 2:54:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Ok Rather than go into a lot of detail. Ill just list what I asked for from Stu.
I asked him if he could do a Non-Split front, and add 2 columns of PALs on each side. Also asked to run 1" fastex on front straps so I didnt have to make them up myself.

Result: #1 Stu is a GEAR GOD

Full on Work load:

Note: there are small Pockets behind the PALs Webbing on sides for small Items Like Med Shears or Knife.

He also put some Hook and loop on the back of the Chest rig to engauge the Mayflower PC front. Is it necessary? .......No, But I asked for it because I like it. I used Shoe Goo to attach some Hook to the back of my Other Iberian pictured below, just give it a little extra hold.

I have a couple other pics I am going to post as soon as Stu gives me the OK. They are just the raw rig front and back.

Just thought I would share........
chuck

Link Posted: 2/13/2015 3:44:02 PM EDT
[#6]
I like this set up. I shot you an IM with my number give me a call when you get a chance.
Link Posted: 2/13/2015 3:52:03 PM EDT
[#7]
I love Esstacs stuff, I have a Kywi Pouch I got from CWE2 and Kywi inserts for my TAG pouches.

Link Posted: 2/20/2015 12:01:47 PM EDT
[#8]
FYI Friends,

ESSTAC's site is up and running for orders. They are still working on the site but I was able to just place an order for some KYWI Pouches.

Not going to Hot link at this time. I am sure you can find it.
Link Posted: 2/20/2015 12:31:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Here is how my Perceived version of the Rig Came from Stu and the Peeps at ESSTAC.
Base Version Iberian (Not sure what he will call it?) Stu?

Note the Back has a small patch of Hook and Loop. Hook side is sewn in place and the Loop side can be attached if worn without Armor.

So Far I have tested a Few of the guys PC's here at work with it and this is what I came up with.

This Vest works well with:
~ Mayflower PC
~ SKD PIG Brigadine Series with Loop front.
~ SKD PIG
~ CRYE PC
~ TT Fight Light
~ Eagle SPC

Knowing this and the above tested, this thing will work very well for just about any PC out there.
The Hook and loop on the back is really not necessary, but it does help keep it tight to Body Armor/PC. One of the guys took a Patch Panel with loop on it and placed it on his CRYE PC front to engauge the Hook on the back of the Rig as well. Again not needed really but it does help keep it close and tight.

There are various Straps and buckles that can be easily added to all PC's above depending on what you are using. No permanent mods need to be made.

All and all, this Chest Rig is everything I wanted and needed. It was built with specs to make it easily adaptible to any PC. Most Chest rigs are built to be used as stand alone but can be modded to mount to a PC. This Rig seems to be made for mounting to a PC but works extremely well by itself. The minor changes made make a HUGE difference when used with a PC but are not noticible when worn as a Chest rig with no Armor. Just as comfortible as the original.

Thanks Stu and ESSTAC, More Pics to come in this thread!
cp
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 10:21:46 PM EDT
[#10]
To much?

chuck
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 11:34:22 PM EDT
[#11]
I've been holding off on this one, but now that the Specter Gear chest rig is discontinued, this may just be the one I get. I am normally a diehard SOE fan (let's not get started on that), and they've got an 8 mag rig that I am dying for - but it's pricey at $300.00!
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 10:29:13 PM EDT
[#12]
I'm not going to say anything about SOE, all I can say is that ESSTAC Gear is fantastic evolutionary gear that evolves based on end user input.
8 Mags in a Boar or Boar A1 carries better with or without Armor under it better than any other rig on the market hands down. Its all in design and weight distribution .
The Iberian is a light weight rig that is purpose built. You cannot go wrong either way with ESSTAC designed products.
chuck
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 11:59:44 PM EDT
[#13]
I noticed that your custom rig is on Esstac's site, I'm really tempted to get it.  I  like what you came up with.
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 8:40:29 PM EDT
[#14]
Well thanks, but It is Stu's Rig. I have been talking to him for some time and just made a few suggestions. I cant take any credit really. Its his baby!

chuck
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 11:36:53 PM EDT
[#15]
I should have said y'all but didn't for some reason. In any case it's a sweet rig.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top