Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/25/2015 1:08:42 PM EDT
I'm having a warranty issue and I'm not getting any meaningful response out of the customer service drones.  I'd like to write an actual letter to someone to describe the problem and send them a copy of the e-mail chain where I've tried to get a replacement for some hardware that failed under normal use.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 1:32:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Tim and Sheryl Tang.

They are the owners, just saw them at SHOT. Nice folks and I'm sure they will make it right with you.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 1:48:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks -- I've been using Maxpedition gear for years without any trouble, then when I tried to get a piece of replacement plastic hardware, the customer service rep first asked me to send a picture of the piece that failed, then blew me off for several days, then finally offered to sell me the hardware by sending me a link to their website for the component, which was out of stock.

I ended up being able to buy the piece from a different supplier and dealing with it myself, but if this was my business and my reps were jerking customers around like this, I'd want to know about it.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 10:45:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Put a friendly and BRIEF description of your problem on their Facebook.  Tell them that since you couldn't get a response, your pals at AR15.com suggested that you contact them via Facebook, and are awaiting their response.  

https://www.facebook.com/Maxpedition

Let us know how this turns out.  
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 12:10:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Did you ask to speak with the costumer service manager?
There isn't always a need to go to the top.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 11:56:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Put a friendly and BRIEF description of your problem on their Facebook.  Tell them that since you couldn't get a response, your pals at AR15.com suggested that you contact them via Facebook, and are awaiting their response.  
https://www.facebook.com/Maxpedition

Let us know how this turns out.  
View Quote

I don't do Facebook, but I've never been anything but courteous in my dealings with their customer service rep.  I intend to make clear that I'm not after the rep's scalp or anything, nor am I seeking any freebies. I'm just ticked that I had to pay to fix something the warranty should have covered.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 11:19:04 PM EDT
[#6]
After several days, the customer service rep I have been dealing with e-mailed me back to inform me that buckles are not covered under Maxpedition's warranty.  She is now apparently offering to sell me the male half of the quick-release buckle that failed.

I've e-mailed her back to ask her to point out the portion of the warranty that excludes hardware, and suggested to her that if she tries to use the normal wear and tear exclusion in this case (for a three-year-old bag that has been well taken care of), that doesn't suggest that they have much confidence in their products.

I've held off writing management for a few days because my wife has been bedridden with stomach flu and I'm chasing our toddler around, but I think the rep's response to this last e-mail will probably finish up the exchange nicely.
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 11:31:16 PM EDT
[#7]
I personally am not a fan of Maxpedition based on how the owner has conducted himself in the past.

Google "edcforums Maxpedition" and you'll have a 32-page thread to browse at your leisure.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top