Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/24/2015 12:45:56 AM EDT
I've got a training class in a few days and the buckle/strap the is on my shoulder broke. It wasn't metal so what would I expect. It's an OD colored vest and I probably won't find an OD colored one so I guess a black one will do.
What is the correct name of this item and where can I find one in metal to replace it.
Thank you.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 2:51:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Are they called a slide glide or a tri-slide glide? Where to buy a metal/steel one to use for plate carrier?
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 5:12:31 AM EDT
[#2]
You need a field repairable side release buckle. How wide is it?
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 9:38:54 AM EDT
[#3]
There's some information missing here.  What PC is it?

Link Posted: 1/24/2015 9:46:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Post a pic of what broke and what needs replacing.  
CHRIS
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 10:24:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

Likely a Condor. They're known for cheap plastic buckles.
One of mine broke.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 1:39:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Something here might help -

Rocky Woods

The 'split bar' buckles can be used to replace a broken bucket if it was attached in a sewn loop.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 5:31:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks. It's a 2" metal slider buckle.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 5:37:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Let me ask one last question about the 2" metal slider buckle.  Is there one that is rated in the middle to loop a strap through or not? Or is that flat one what I want?
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 5:55:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 6:15:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

One of mine broke.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

One of mine broke.

My shellback banshee also has plastic buckles. I ended up clipping one and using the a G-Hook from SKD. The straps a big wider than the ring but they lay very flat, and now i can properly shoulder my rifle. They work very nice, and didn't break the bank. They are also metal so i doubt you can break them.

A picture of your carrier and what broke would be a big help.

http://www.skdtac.com/P-I-G-Plate-Carrier-G-Hook-Double-D-Ring-Kit-p/pig.207.htm
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 3:28:20 AM EDT
[#11]
It was the buckle that was sewn in. I packed it up and sent it back to the manufacturer. It was a P.I.G. I liked it a lot but it just had a weak point. Not their fault. These things happen and there was a weak point that nobody could have seen.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top