Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/11/2015 12:39:37 PM EDT
I am in need of a back pack for diaper patrol, and having a hard time finding one that will work for this.

I tried a Maxpedition jumbo versa pack and I didn't like it and sold it. I don't like the messenger style bag, I like the back pack style. Most I'm finding are either empty with just huge pockets which isn't good for organization and quick finding of stuff. I did like the maxpedition had the interior pockets for small stuff, and still room for bigger stuff in the middle.

Prefer something that isn't really tactical looking overall, but know for a good bag it will be somewhat tactical looking. I like the looks of the 5.11 rush but not the price, and definitely not the camo pattern. Have not seen the inside of one though.

I do have a 10 and 12 year old and will probably end up with their stuff in the bag too.

Bag officienados, help me out! Want to stay in the $50ish range.
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 4:07:42 PM EDT
[#1]
LA Police Gear has a diaper range bag, and the have inexpensive packs too

You shouldn't have any problem finding something for less than $50
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 7:53:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Jansport.
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 9:31:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Jansport.
View Quote

I have a nice one and I really like it, but the pockets are huge and stuff can fall to the bottom abyss. We used it in Disney and carries a lot but had to dig for some things, and when diaper duty calls I don't want want to have to dig for stuff. Maybe an organizer or something if I can find one.
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 9:53:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I am in need of a back pack for diaper patrol, and having a hard time finding one that will work for this.

I tried a Maxpedition jumbo versa pack and I didn't like it and sold it. I don't like the messenger style bag, I like the back pack style. Most I'm finding are either empty with just huge pockets which isn't good for organization and quick finding of stuff. I did like the maxpedition had the interior pockets for small stuff, and still room for bigger stuff in the middle.

Prefer something that isn't really tactical looking overall, but know for a good bag it will be somewhat tactical looking. I like the looks of the 5.11 rush but not the price, and definitely not the camo pattern. Have not seen the inside of one though.

I do have a 10 and 12 year old and will probably end up with their stuff in the bag too.

View Quote

Do you mind if I pick your brain for a moment regarding the Maxpedition Jumbo?  I have a hatchling inbound in May and I have been scoping a Jumbo S (I'm a leftie, carry most bags on my left) for diaper duty.  Your main issue w/it was the satchel carry?  What did you think of the size/utility of it otherwise?  Had you not minded that carry style do you think it was an effective bag for carrying all of the baby gear?  

As to your question, I was also checking out something like the Extended Go Bag from SO Tech.  Check this article out.  Go Bag article..
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 11:23:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Do you mind if I pick your brain for a moment regarding the Maxpedition Jumbo?  I have a hatchling inbound in May and I have been scoping a Jumbo S (I'm a leftie, carry most bags on my left) for diaper duty.  Your main issue w/it was the satchel carry?  What did you think of the size/utility of it otherwise?  Had you not minded that carry style do you think it was an effective bag for carrying all of the baby gear?  

As to your question, I was also checking out something like the Extended Go Bag from SO Tech.  Check this article out.  Go Bag article..
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The carry method mostly, and there is a strap that goes around the leg that irritated the crap out of me. I carried it for a few days full of stuff and I could not bring myself to like it.I like the back pack carry a lotcarried

For a light to medium load out, I think the size is perfect. Has lots of pockets for diapers, wipes, clothes, snacks, food and water, and that's not touching the CCW pocket. I had a small speaker, Nalgene bottle, energy bars and work stuff and had room to pack it all again. If that carry style will work for you, then I definitely recommend it, it was very nicely made and I wanted to like it.
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 11:32:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

The carry method mostly, and there is a strap that goes around the leg that irritated the crap out of me. I carried it for a few days full of stuff and I could not bring myself to like it.I like the back pack carry a lotcarried

For a light to medium load out, I think the size is perfect. Has lots of pockets for diapers, wipes, clothes, snacks, food and water, and that's not touching the CCW pocket. I had a small speaker, Nalgene bottle, energy bars and work stuff and had room to pack it all again. If that carry style will work for you, then I definitely recommend it, it was very nicely made and I wanted to like it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Outstanding.  A bud of mine has one he uses quite a bit, I'm going to check it out this week and if I like I'll likely make an order.  I really like that the look of that SO Tech bag too, I'm keeping eyes open for a cheaper one on EE or Ebay.
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 12:04:36 AM EDT
[#7]
Check your local Craigslist  for Dad Gear. Well made and organized  for baby duty and they don't look like a diaper  bag. New they run about $100.
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 11:18:02 AM EDT
[#8]
Take a look at DiaperDude.com as  well.

http://www.diaperdude.com/shop-now/diaper-bags/convertible-backpack-messenger.html?limit=all

Used these guys for mine and couldn't kill it, but was the messenger bag version. We went with an emergency orange version so you couldn't miss the damn thing even in the kid chaos.
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 11:30:02 AM EDT
[#9]
IMO smaller is better.  With our first kid, our diaper bag felt like a three day load out for a combat patrol.  We learned.  The second kids bag a handful of diapers, wipes, and a change of clothes.  Not sure if you can find something tacticool for $50.  The Tactical Tailor/Grey Ghost Gear Removeable Operator pack is probably more than enough pack for what you need, albeit more than $50.

LAPG has a three day pack for $30, but is more pack than you need.
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 8:44:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I have a nice one and I really like it, but the pockets are huge and stuff can fall to the bottom abyss. We used it in Disney and carries a lot but had to dig for some things, and when diaper duty calls I don't want want to have to dig for stuff. Maybe an organizer or something if I can find one.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Jansport.

They come in different sizes.
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 3:15:23 PM EDT
[#11]
This is what we use: http://www.amazon.com/Padded-Deluxe-Tactical-Range-Gear/dp/B009GMKVJI/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1421176361&sr=8-3&keywords=explorer+tactical+bag

Is not too big, but offers a lot of space, pockets and separated storage. It has already held up twice as long as the $50 eddie bauer bag we first purchased. The zippers, pockets, stitching is all excellent, very heavy duty.

May not be as tacticool name brand but we've had good luck with it.

I know you are looking for a backpack, so check out Explorer's backpack offerings. They seem to be well priced and offer the same benefits as the bag I purchased.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 12:24:28 PM EDT
[#12]
After some thinking and plotting, I want to use my jansport bag, but it's really big and need some way to keep it all in check.

This is the bag I have:

I have been thinking of a small bag/organizer that can be put in the back pack and pulled out for the purpose of a diaper change and has all I need. It can be smaller as I can put change of clothes for me and baby in the back pack and keep the diaper bag small. And keep other needs, FAK, other EDC stuff too, and all in one place.

Something like this, on the rigid rack:

Photo courtesy of ragincajun1919 in the backpack thread.

Looking something a bit bigger than those, and I don't know exactly what to look for in those. And my Google fu isn't that great. And info on the rack is appreciated as well. What are they called and where can they be had?
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 1:19:17 AM EDT
[#13]
GGG Stealth Operator Pack

Goldilocks - not too big, not too small.
I paid $50 when on a major sale.

http://www.greyghostgear.com/product-p/6009.htm
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 1:58:07 PM EDT
[#14]
Bump for updated and different question.

Does anyone make a pouch like the 5.11 6x10 vertical pouch, but it's 4-5 inches deep instead of 2?
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 9:10:47 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:...
I have been thinking of a small bag/organizer that can be put in the back pack and pulled out for the purpose of a diaper change and has all I need. It can be smaller as I can put change of clothes for me and baby in the back pack and keep the diaper bag small. ...
View Quote

You need a 1 Gallon ziploc bag with some colored duct tape wrapped around it.
Packing list: two diapers, one small reloadable package of baby wipes, and two or three plastic shopping bags for hauling out a shitty diaper.

If you need a change of clothes for the child, put them in a different 1-gallon ziploc bag with another color of duct-tape wrapped around it.

If you do not like duct tape, the bags will wear out faster... but you can see into the bags.  

Life is full of compromises.
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 8:23:38 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Bump for updated and different question.
Does anyone make a pouch like the 5.11 6x10 vertical pouch, but it's 4-5 inches deep instead of 2?
View Quote
http://www.amazon.com/Specter-Gear-Compatible-Modular-Horizontal/dp/B00D1S0NSM
EDIT: Dammit.  I didn't catch the vertical part.  Disregard that recommendation.
I work at a nylon gear manufacturer and didn't have anything special made.  Just used the tote that my wife had.  Depending on what is going on with you and the little one, most of the supplies went from stroller, to hiking backpack/baby hauler, to tote.  I did keep an E&E bag in my truck with pampers, butt cream, baby wipes, blanket, and clothes for those short solo trips we did.  
CHRIS

Link Posted: 1/22/2015 8:55:19 AM EDT
[#17]
This is close on size to what you are asking for.

http://www.amazon.com/Condor-MA8-Utility-Pouch/dp/B007GDWZCA

Good idea about duct taping the ziplock bags for strength.  That being said, I would do whatever I could to find a trash can for shit filled diapers.
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 9:26:58 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Good idea about duct taping the ziplock bags for strength.  That being said, I would do whatever I could to find a trash can for shit filled diapers.
View Quote

Made hot.

I'm looking at both options, the first one has the size, but prefer the vertical, but not a deal breaker. The second is a bit smaller, but not bad either.

Found this one, http://www.tacticaltailor.com/zipperutilitypouch.aspx?variation=5618 and heard great things of TT but no one sales them here locally, obviously, but don't know the overall size compared to the others. Looks like it will work well.

I thought about the ziploc bags but thinking I could repurpose it after for something else.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 10:28:26 AM EDT
[#19]
Ziploc bags are great for dirt clothes.  I just wouldn't keep a used shitty diaper in my bag.  Honestly, I would be a shit bag and leave it on the side of the road or anywhere but back in my bag.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 2:28:01 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Made hot.

I'm looking at both options, the first one has the size, but prefer the vertical, but not a deal breaker. The second is a bit smaller, but not bad either.

Found this one, http://www.tacticaltailor.com/zipperutilitypouch.aspx?variation=5618 and heard great things of TT but no one sales them here locally, obviously, but don't know the overall size compared to the others. Looks like it will work well.

I thought about the ziploc bags but thinking I could repurpose it after for something else.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Made hot.

I fo'd here, and should see it later this week or early next week. I will throw in some freezer bags for the wet and other trash that can't get thrown out at the time.

I can take some stuff and attach to the outside, maybe a small MOLLE pouch for a nice FAK for all, and I have a great start to a nice FAK already. And I can carry my EDC and stuff for my other boys too.

And it's a good way to start building a nice kit and some badass gear when repurposed
Link Posted: 2/4/2015 9:58:13 PM EDT
[#21]
Got the pouch Monday, its a bit smaller than I thought, but it fits about 7 diapers and a thing of wipes, and the front pocket I have a thing of hand sanitizer. In the MOLLE I weaved in a changing pad.

I know there is a lot more stuff I need in the backpack, but for the diaper duty I can pull and fo. I am trying to get everything set and ready for his arrival.

I do need a good FAK for kids of all ages, and have a pretty good start but need a better setup in general.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top