Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/14/2014 5:51:56 PM EDT
Does anybody rock all kydex mag carriers on a warbelt setup?  I would like to see pics, if you guys are running a setup like that.
Link Posted: 12/14/2014 6:37:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/14/2014 11:14:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Hey dude. I am going to an open-top kydex system on my belt. Or maybe Emdom pouches and a Raven-type holster. There is a company out there that offers a shock-cord retaining system on their kydex holsters, but I can't for the life of me remember which manufacturer it is.
Link Posted: 12/14/2014 11:27:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

If you  never anticipate crawling in the mud, encountering freezing rain, or snow, or heavy dust, then go for open-topped mag pouches, kydex included.

Fine in certain circumstances, but ...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Does anybody rock all kydex mag carriers on a warbelt setup?  I would like to see pics, if you guys are running a setup like that.

If you  never anticipate crawling in the mud, encountering freezing rain, or snow, or heavy dust, then go for open-topped mag pouches, kydex included.

I never had problems using open mag pouches in any of those conditions.
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 12:16:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Hey dude. I am going to an open-top kydex system on my belt. Or maybe Emdom pouches and a Raven-type holster. There is a company out there that offers a shock-cord retaining system on their kydex holsters, but I can't for the life of me remember which manufacturer it is.
View Quote

Check your email bro.  

I am not saying that closed top stuff sucks.  I have gotten a few Esstac pouches and love them.  But I also have a few kydex as well, and dig them.  The thing I like about the kydex, is that there are a few different thicknesses, you can throttle up the retention with the tension screws, they are tough, they are fast, and hell.....they just look cool.
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 3:16:21 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This. It's why I use closed top rifle mag pouches,
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 6:55:37 AM EDT
[#6]
Your belt reload usually is your "oh shit I need it now" mag. Kydex tends to keep the shit out pretty well too. All the stuff on my PC and my IOTV is closed top, but my belts are open top. There is nothing wrong with open top on the belt IMO.

As far as all kydex, the only experience I kind of have is my duty belt is set up with all safariland STX. Similar, but not the exact. I like it though.

Only thing I don't see working so well for kydex is a dump and med pouch my 11-10 kydex TQ holder is tits though.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 10:00:03 AM EDT
[#7]
I do fabric mag carriers with kydex inserts on my belt. Seems to work out great. I made mine from scraps, but I think SKDtac sells them.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 4:17:00 PM EDT
[#8]
I have Esstac kywi pistol and rifle pouches and a Raven Phantom on my war belt. It's easy enough to just Google pictures of each to figure out what it looks like.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top