Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/13/2014 7:34:47 PM EDT
I have a warbelt on the Christmas list, this one:  Propper War Belt

What holster options are good choices for this?     I  want it to fit a railed 1911 with x300 attached.  I am debating between drop-leg or non drop-leg.  Thanks in advance for your feedback!
Link Posted: 12/14/2014 4:45:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Most holsters have a MOLLE adapter, you just need to buy it. Safariland, Blackhawk, G-Code, just take your pic. Out of those three, I really like Safariland.

Link Posted: 12/14/2014 11:20:09 PM EDT
[#2]
I hate to rain on your parade, OP....but that belt will sag horribly under the weight of your x300 equipped 1911. There is a reason nobody likes them or uses them...and that's the reason I just stated. Also, the web belt portion of the rig is sewn in, and the padded portion does not have access ports on the bottom, so you couldn't run a drop-leg rig, unless you are planning to attach a drop-leg rig directly to the molle loops (like that god-awful holster that BDS makes). You've already made an excellent decision in your choice of handgun and weapon light....use that same common sense and get a better belt!

ETA:  However, to answer your question:  click here!
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 12:26:20 AM EDT
[#3]
OP, Jarhead tells you right.  I have one of those, and all I can run is a Glock 19, sans the light, a dump pouch, 2 pistol mags, and 1 rifle mag, before it's too much.   That"s an awful light load for a gun belt.  I have an HSGI, which is $150 bucks by the time you get the inner and outer, but it's the tits.  

I use that cheaper belt for screwing around at the range and shit, and it's ok at best.
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 3:02:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Jarhead94 and Hatr40,

Thanks for your insights!  This is why this site is a great resource.  It looks like I will be sending this belt back and looking for something better.
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 11:18:28 AM EDT
[#5]
You need a rigid belt like HSGI with a rigger or similar inner belt to support the weight.
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 10:47:19 PM EDT
[#6]
After a lot of time researching this site I decided to go with the HSGI suregrip belt, you won't be disappointed.
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 11:07:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
After a lot of time researching this site I decided to go with the HSGI suregrip belt, you won't be disappointed.
View Quote

+1  I swapped too due to sagging love my sure grip!

Link Posted: 12/15/2014 11:30:52 PM EDT
[#8]
I have an ATS which I really like. I'd probably go with an HSGI if I could do it over again.

As for a holster, I'd look at your Safariland options and put them on a duty drop on the inner belt.

If you plan on multiple holsters, I'd up it with a Safariland holster, with a G-Code RTI duty drop and the universal attachments. This way, any holster (Safariland, G-Code, Blackhawk, Bladetech, and several smaller custom shops) can swap out on the RTI attachment.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 6:32:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I have an ATS which I really like. I'd probably go with an HSGI if I could do it over again.

As for a holster, I'd look at your Safariland options and put them on a duty drop on the inner belt.

If you plan on multiple holsters, I'd up it with a Safariland holster, with a G-Code RTI duty drop and the universal attachments. This way, any holster (Safariland, G-Code, Blackhawk, Bladetech, and several smaller custom shops) can swap out on the RTI attachment.
View Quote

Safariland 6390 on UBL

Safariland 6378 on same UBL
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 6:48:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Safariland 6390 on UBL
<a href="http://s839.photobucket.com/user/donovanmb/media/33A6C291-4B42-4742-9E00-953D3DCFCD81.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i839.photobucket.com/albums/zz315/donovanmb/33A6C291-4B42-4742-9E00-953D3DCFCD81.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s839.photobucket.com/user/donovanmb/media/AC56AD9E-FE5D-4928-B47F-EE59F0C79992.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i839.photobucket.com/albums/zz315/donovanmb/AC56AD9E-FE5D-4928-B47F-EE59F0C79992.jpg</a>
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Safariland 6390 on UBL
<a href="http://s839.photobucket.com/user/donovanmb/media/33A6C291-4B42-4742-9E00-953D3DCFCD81.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i839.photobucket.com/albums/zz315/donovanmb/33A6C291-4B42-4742-9E00-953D3DCFCD81.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s839.photobucket.com/user/donovanmb/media/AC56AD9E-FE5D-4928-B47F-EE59F0C79992.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i839.photobucket.com/albums/zz315/donovanmb/AC56AD9E-FE5D-4928-B47F-EE59F0C79992.jpg</a>

I had the UBL setup, along with a Safariland QD setup for a while. I like it for the most part. However, with the holster directly on the UBL I'd catch my gun on the bottom of the belt where it opened. It worked better with the QD MLS setup.

The problem I had with the MLS (or any Safariland setup) was only Safariland holsters work with the Safariland QD setups. With the RTI setup I can choose from a metric tone of holster brands depending on which gun I'm using. I need QD because my go-to is an M&P9FS/x300, but I shoot the M9 for a competition. So I expanded to the RTI so as I mess around with different pistol setups I can use the same belt setup changing only the holster body. The RTI duty-drop setup also keeps the gun from snagging on my particular belt.

Safariland, Balckhawk, G-Code, Blade-tech, Off The Grid, T-Rex Arms, and several other custom makers are all RTI compatible. So I dropped Safariland mounting hardwre and went to G-Code and IMHO it is more versatile and works better for me.

I still have all the old hardware: MLS kit, 2 different duty drops, belt loops and other stuff if anyone wants to buy any of it.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 9:21:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I had the UBL setup, along with a Safariland QD setup for a while. I like it for the most part. However, with the holster directly on the UBL I'd catch my gun on the bottom of the belt where it opened. It worked better with the QD MLS setup.

The problem I had with the MLS (or any Safariland setup) was only Safariland holsters work with the Safariland QD setups. With the RTI setup I can choose from a metric tone of holster brands depending on which gun I'm using. I need QD because my go-to is an M&P9FS/x300, but I shoot the M9 for a competition. So I expanded to the RTI so as I mess around with different pistol setups I can use the same belt setup changing only the holster body. The RTI duty-drop setup also keeps the gun from snagging on my particular belt.

Safariland, Balckhawk, G-Code, Blade-tech, Off The Grid, T-Rex Arms, and several other custom makers are all RTI compatible. So I dropped Safariland mounting hardwre and went to G-Code and IMHO it is more versatile and works better for me.

I still have all the old hardware: MLS kit, 2 different duty drops, belt loops and other stuff if anyone wants to buy any of it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Safariland 6390 on UBL

The first part where you said your gun would catch the opening on the belt, mine seems real tight and the ALS thumb drive is slightly above the opening. I just bought this setup and posted pics bc I had the same questions. I thought about gcode as well but I'm gonna see how this works for me. But again I only have a G19 and a G23 for these types of classes so I really don't need something super universal

Link Posted: 12/20/2014 10:21:59 PM EDT
[#12]
I think I was using the low-ride UBL, and the ATS belt isn't quite as stiff. Do you have the mid-ride UBL?

The other issue was I hung my belt off the bar over the glove compartment in my jeep, so it wasn't tight against my body, and if I needed my gun NOW the thumb released was covered.

The thumb release kept getting caught under the outside of the belt, so I had to tie it down. When I switched to the MLS system it pushed the holster out far enough where it wasn't an issue. I was also using only the M&P, but then I picked up 2 safariland M9 holsters and a G-Code 1911 holster so I swapped to the RTI.

Your holster as setup look fine as it is and if you don't need different holster setups I wouldn't worry about the QD hardware, although I like the RTI duty drop better as it sits higher and further from the belt.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 10:41:48 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I think I was using the low-ride UBL, and the ATS belt isn't quite as stiff. Do you have the mid-ride UBL?

The other issue was I hung my belt off the bar over the glove compartment in my jeep, so it wasn't tight against my body, and if I needed my gun NOW the thumb released was covered.

The thumb release kept getting caught under the outside of the belt, so I had to tie it down. When I switched to the MLS system it pushed the holster out far enough where it wasn't an issue. I was also using only the M&P, but then I picked up 2 safariland M9 holsters and a G-Code 1911 holster so I swapped to the RTI.

Your holster as setup look fine as it is and if you don't need different holster setups I wouldn't worry about the QD hardware, although I like the RTI duty drop better as it sits higher and further from the belt.
View Quote

I believe it's the mid ride UBL, it came with 6390. I have a pistol class in January so I'll see how this setup works. If it doesn't I'll try G-Code rti duty drop.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 10:44:56 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I believe it's the mid ride UBL, it came with 6390. I have a pistol class in January so I'll see how this setup works. If it doesn't I'll try G-Code rti duty drop.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I wouldn't get too wrapped around the axle with it. It looks perfectly fine.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 12:41:11 AM EDT
[#15]
I just rock a universal molle holster by either Tactical Tailor or similar brands, that way there's no buying lots of different holsters and attachment equipment.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 7:14:45 AM EDT
[#16]
I'd take a Safariland over anything for a duty holster
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 8:35:49 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I just rock a universal molle holster by either Tactical Tailor or similar brands, that way there's no buying lots of different holsters and attachment equipment.
View Quote

I had an HSGI M9/1911 MOLLE combo holster. Every time I switched between the 2 guns I had to readjust all the retaining snaps to fit either one and it was an absolute PITA.

I also had one of those Blackhawk universal MOLLE holsters. It sucked too. Even properly adjusted it wasn't all that solid.

Add in light-bearing, non-light-bearing, and optics-equipped guns and there's no really universal setup.

Get some similar sized guns and you're ok. Get a variety of different pistol styles with lights, lasers, and/or optics and a "universal" MOLLE holster isn't.

You're also limited to thumb-snap retention. I much prefer thumb release on the Safarilands (and to a lesser extent spring-loaded hoods) to thumb snaps. They're faster on the draw and much easier to reholster one-handed, especially under stress.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 3:25:04 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I had an HSGI M9/1911 MOLLE combo holster. Every time I switched between the 2 guns I had to readjust all the retaining snaps to fit either one and it was an absolute PITA.

I also had one of those Blackhawk universal MOLLE holsters. It sucked too. Even properly adjusted it wasn't all that solid.

Add in light-bearing, non-light-bearing, and optics-equipped guns and there's no really universal setup.

Get some similar sized guns and you're ok. Get a variety of different pistol styles with lights, lasers, and/or optics and a "universal" MOLLE holster isn't.

You're also limited to thumb-snap retention. I much prefer thumb release on the Safarilands (and to a lesser extent spring-loaded hoods) to thumb snaps. They're faster on the draw and much easier to reholster one-handed, especially under stress.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah you definitely do have to reset the straps between guns. But I don't mind. And the Safariland thumb release or similar systems are definitely superior to a thumb snap. I still prefer to take those tradeoffs for the simplicity and less gear to sit around unused. I may change my mind in time though. It handles my light bearing and non light bearing pistols fine. If I ever got a pistol with optics I would have to get something else.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 3:50:59 PM EDT
[#19]
Safariland holster, GCODE duty mount and RTI mounting backet.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 4:50:09 PM EDT
[#20]
I like my Tactical Tailor MOLLE Holster on my HSGI belt. It rides higher than most, but I prefer it that way. My draw time is still fast and it doesn't interfere with armor or pack straps.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top