Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/4/2014 4:01:22 AM EDT

Base: SKD tactical PIG in coyote.
Mag pouches: KYWI open top double mag carriers from Esstac. Four of them 1 double mag pouch for g17 mags.
Mars tactical dump pouch
Surefire suppressor pouch
SKD tactical side plate carriers

I have a camelback for the rear but it's currently on my issued vest

I have a Large SAPI plate for the rear and a medium for the front that FEDEX keeps trying to deliver to my house when I'm gone..signature required
Link Posted: 12/4/2014 4:40:07 AM EDT
[#1]
I like the simplicity of it.

ETA: Are those Glock magazines two different capacities? - or just not pushed in all the way.
Link Posted: 12/4/2014 4:52:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

ETA: Are those Glock magazines two different capacities? - or just not pushed in all the way.
View Quote

Just not pushed in all the way.

I have a Kevlar helmet with a surefire nvg light and a red helmet light.

Now I need to address mounting my holster...I have a Safariland 6360 for a g17 with a light.

Have a dsg alpha belt, not impressed.
Link Posted: 12/4/2014 7:07:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Now I need to address mounting my holster...I have a Safariland 6360 for a g17 with a light.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have the same holster/gun/light. I love it.

I have the Brokos Battle Belt.. I love that too. Have you looked into that one? 5.11 Brokos Belt

Not my picture but just to give you an example of how I have it set up:

With this belt you can weave the belt through different sections if you have belt attachments (holster), and leave other seconds Molle for other items. I think it's a great system... I'm sure other Battle Belts allow the same type of configuration.. this is the only one I've ever owned... haven't looked back.
Link Posted: 12/4/2014 7:32:44 AM EDT
[#4]
The pic above is of the tyr tactical brokos belt......that and the vikings tactical brokos are going to ne more expensive but better quality than the 511 brokos which is made in China I believe
Link Posted: 12/4/2014 7:44:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
The pic above is of the tyr tactical brokos belt......that and the vikings tactical brokos are going to ne more expensive but better quality than the 511 brokos which is made in China I believe
View Quote

You are absolutely correct. I didn't think to mention that. I know the 5.11 is in partnership with VTAC for the Brokos Belt. That's the one I have.

ETA: 5.11 VTAC Brokos Belt:

Link Posted: 12/4/2014 8:39:12 AM EDT
[#6]
Do you not have any medical supplies?
Link Posted: 12/4/2014 1:11:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 12/4/2014 1:13:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
[div style='text-align: left;']

This
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This

I have an Ifak in my locker here but it's issued.

And out of date.
Link Posted: 12/4/2014 1:19:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

And out of date.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This

And out of date.

A good option is an ITS Fatboy or Tallboy IFAK. Or a Dark Angel Medical kit.
Link Posted: 12/4/2014 9:30:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

Check out BFG's Trauma Kit Now!, in addition to those. I just got one to throw on my belt. It rocks, and it's from BFG, who also rock.
Link Posted: 12/5/2014 4:57:19 AM EDT
[#11]
Boy these things sure get heavy when you add plates onto them.

Need to save up for a set of PVS14s...that'll make me Tier one!
Link Posted: 12/5/2014 2:27:20 PM EDT
[#12]
GTG.  An observation, can you find a better solution for the Leatherman?   IFAK?  I've started carrying mine in my evil, right cargo pocket.
Link Posted: 12/5/2014 10:40:30 PM EDT
[#13]
rate against what for what to what end?

what are your requirements

what are you expecting to accomplish
Link Posted: 12/6/2014 12:45:09 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Check out BFG's Trauma Kit Now!, in addition to those. I just got one to throw on my belt. It rocks, and it's from BFG, who also rock.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I went with a Dark Angel kit.  Has the basics you may need.

Link Posted: 12/6/2014 1:07:54 AM EDT
[#15]
That Leatherman is my only complaint, it's nice and organized.

Not my rig but close to how I'd have mine if I finally went to drop the coin.

Link Posted: 12/6/2014 5:57:04 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
GTG.  An observation, can you find a better solution for the Leatherman?   IFAK?  I've started carrying mine in my evil, right cargo pocket.
View Quote

I have the cargo pockets of oppression (Marpat med-lng deserts ) but I loathe putting anything in them because it whacks my leg and rubs all the hair off on long hikes. Nothing like having weird bald patches on your leg

Would like to find a holster for it and a surefire g2 but they seem to be hard to find in Molle and coyote.
Link Posted: 12/12/2014 12:52:20 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Would like to find a holster for it and a surefire g2 but they seem to be hard to find in Molle and coyote.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Have you checked Maxpedition?  http://www.maxpedition.com/store/pc/4-Flashlight-Sheath-13p195.htm
Link Posted: 12/12/2014 3:29:20 AM EDT
[#18]
Looks good bro. Just about how I have mine set up.
Link Posted: 12/12/2014 4:33:22 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Looks good bro. Just about how I have mine set up.
View Quote

I would like to upgrade to LW plates next (lvl 4 Velocity systems=YES), better side plate carriers, light holster, brokos battle belt, med kit..

Might be closer to ideal.
Link Posted: 12/12/2014 1:30:27 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I have the cargo pockets of oppression (Marpat med-lng deserts ) but I loathe putting anything in them because it whacks my leg and rubs all the hair off on long hikes. Nothing like having weird bald patches on your leg

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've considered going with a Blue Force Gear Ten Speed pistol mag pouch as a solution.
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 2:32:10 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I've considered going with a Blue Force Gear Ten Speed pistol mag pouch as a solution.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I decided to cut down my mags on the front from 8 to 6. I also have a little more room to put the mag pouches for the pistol.

Adding a brokos belt after seeing Daemon's recommendation of it. Dunno if I should move the dump pouch to it or keep it attached to the cumberbund.

Link Posted: 12/16/2014 8:06:55 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 10:02:28 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Strictly speaking, it's a Plate Carrier, not a Vest.

I would re-locate the pistol mag pouches away from the front of the PC.  YMMV. Lower profile, and all that.

Do you need so many mags up front?  Doing so would serve to prevent assuming a good prone shooting position, and also prevent access to mags when doing so,  Is there some way to re-locate some of the mags elsewhere?
View Quote

Going prone "enthusiasticly" is gonna hurt with a layer of rifle and pistol. I broke 2 ribs last spring with a setup like that. Thinner is better. I went with a triple shingle on center with a rifle pouch on the left on the cumberbund and a double pistol on the right on the cumberbund and its a lot easier to roll around on the ground from cover.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 12:36:56 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Strictly speaking, it's a Plate Carrier, not a Vest.

I would re-locate the pistol mag pouches away from the front of the PC.  YMMV. Lower profile, and all that.

Do you need so many mags up front?  Doing so would serve to prevent assuming a good prone shooting position, and also prevent access to mags when doing so,  Is there some way to re-locate some of the mags elsewhere?
View Quote

Belt mounted, maybe?

I am used to having them up front.

Link Posted: 12/17/2014 3:32:53 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I decided to cut down my mags on the front from 8 to 6. I also have a little more room to put the mag pouches for the pistol.

Adding a brokos belt after seeing Daemon's recommendation of it. Dunno if I should move the dump pouch to it or keep it attached to the cumberbund.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've attempted to strip my armor as bare-bones as possible, I settled on a Haley D3 and I've had zero problems with it.  I have gotten used to having my dump pouch on my belt, YMMV.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 5:23:34 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I've attempted to strip my armor as bare-bones as possible, I settled on a Haley D3 and I've had zero problems with it.  I have gotten used to having my dump pouch on my belt, YMMV.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I wanted to try and keep everything as simple and one piece as possible. Everything mounted to the vest so I could just don the vest and be done with nothing else to worry about.

Link Posted: 12/17/2014 8:00:37 PM EDT
[#27]
Does the carrier ride high enough to allow a belt mounted holster instead of a drop leg?
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 8:37:00 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Does the carrier ride high enough to allow a belt mounted holster instead of a drop leg?
View Quote

Yes. It does ride high with plenty of space for a holster to clear (I have a 6360 safariland). I have a DSG alpha belt but it's just like a cop duty belt, keepers, inner belt, and all. Much rather have a normal style belt with the alpha buckles.

Link Posted: 12/19/2014 11:09:46 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Yes. It does ride high with plenty of space for a holster to clear (I have a 6360 safariland). I have a DSG alpha belt but it's just like a cop duty belt, keepers, inner belt, and all. Much rather have a normal style belt with the alpha buckles.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cool.  I currently have to run a drop leg 6004 and a sub load (HSGI mini panel) for spare Glock mags and a Benchmade AFO.  Our armor cover the belt to a degree that won't allow access to belt mounted gear.  
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 11:42:32 AM EDT
[#30]
Looks good but no nonlethal options or explosives so -2

seriously how much $$$ do you have in this vest?
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 3:35:48 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Looks good but no nonlethal options or explosives so -2

seriously how much $$$ do you have in this vest?
View Quote

Non lethal? I have an m4 butt stock and my fists

Plates were about 550. Vest 350. Side plates 220. Mag pouches, dump pouches bout 250.

Rifle? 3k. Don't get me started!

Link Posted: 2/11/2015 4:13:43 AM EDT
[#32]

Version 2.0

Yes, E-8s and E-9s take note, this devil doesn't have a water source on his person.

Thinking of a camel bak (USMC style, have a couple I kept buying due to mine growing legs) and/or a camelbak bottle on the belt.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top