Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/21/2014 11:22:39 AM EDT
With one car seat in my truck (2001 Dodge Ext Cab) and another one to be added in March, I am having problems figuring out how to stow my SHTF gear in my pickup and keep it readily available in the event I have to use it. I have a chest type tool box in the box of the pickup but that has spare oil, filters, belts, tools, etc. Have any of you had to deal with something like this and what did you do to remedy it? Thanks
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 11:47:25 AM EDT
[#1]
Pics of inside of box.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 12:26:08 PM EDT
[#2]
My QuadCab is full of dogs,i have taken to just stuffing my backpack and PC under the back seat.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 12:45:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Put the kids up for adoption. They'll only slow you down during the Zombie Apocalypse anyhoo.  
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 12:56:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Try fitting your things in a Mini Cooper and get back to me .  

On topic though I think the options would be to reduce the amount of things you carry (if possible) so it could fit under a seat in your truck, like under the rear seats.  Other thing would be to do like what I normally do and carry everything in a duffel like bag that gets put in whatever vehicle I'm in at the time.  Other thing I can think of is Tyr Tactical's "Vehicle Bags."   They have a couple different sizes that look almost like large tote bags with zipper lids.  Might be a good protective outer bag to stick in your toolbox to keep everything organized and separate from everything else.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 12:58:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Pics of inside of box.
View Quote

Screw that, pics of the car seat.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 2:12:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 2:42:40 PM EDT
[#7]
If I knew my tool box would stay weatherproof I would put it in there minus the weapon. Water always finds its way in there though. The duffle bag idear sounds good though.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 3:03:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Here's the one from Tyr.

http://www.tyrtactical.com/products/list/vehicle-storage-bags/backpacks-bags/

I'm really interested in these actually.  Probably would have bought one already if I didn't have my duffel bag.

*Edit* I thought those were larger then they were.  Turns out they aren't.  So may not the best solution.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 3:56:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 5:39:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Pics of inside of box.
View Quote

There's a joke here somewhere
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 6:15:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 6:45:11 PM EDT
[#12]
The seat folds up in the back but needs to stay down for car seats. I've toyed with the idea of some kind of gear mounting system to the bottom of the seat
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 11:47:16 PM EDT
[#13]
If there are two car seats the foot wells will be free.  Throw the stuff down there, and cover it with a ratty blanket with a bunch of dog hair and dropped kid snacks, nobody will suspect a thing.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 2:31:33 AM EDT
[#14]
try these over the wheel well storage boxes...there are several different kinds if you look around

http://www.stylintrucks.com/parts/truck_bed_wheel_well_storage_boxes_by_vdp/5566.aspx#

Link Posted: 10/24/2014 7:46:31 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Put the kids up for adoption. They'll only slow you down during the Zombie Apocalypse anyhoo.  
View Quote

No you have to keep the kids and use them for bait.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top