Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/20/2014 8:40:39 PM EDT
I'm finally getting around to setting up my battle belt, and have run into a problem with my holster setup. Belt is a Crye Precision molle battle belt and holster is a Safariland 6360. I was hoping to attach the holster directly to the molle, so I bought the Safariland MLS 15 locking forks. I put it on the belt and the holster sits way too high. I've read about people using a Safariland UBL to drop the holster down and then attaching it to the inner belt. Unfortunately with the Crye battle belt I can't get to the inner belt. Any ideas? Would a Safariland 6378 holster sit lower? Thanks for any help.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 8:49:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Here's a picture so it makes more sense:
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 9:03:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Your best bet is probably going to be a G-Code RTI mount adapter. That, or switch to the AVS belt with the cutouts to allow for use with UBL extensions.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 9:08:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Your best bet is probably going to be a G-Code RTI mount adapter. That, or switch to the AVS belt with the cutouts to allow for use with UBL extensions.
View Quote

Was hoping to keep this belt as a gift but I'll look into the RTI.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 9:33:44 PM EDT
[#4]
IIRC Safariland makes a drop down version.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 10:10:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

If your'e not mounting anything else to that side of the belt you could always forgo the MOLLE and route the inner belt on the outside of that particular section. The previous generation Crye belts had featured removable sleeves for when people elected to do so.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 10:19:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Safariland offers many options for holster mounting.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 10:22:38 PM EDT
[#7]
I have no idea why yours sits so high. Looks like you have the same HSGI belt I have. I have it though the belt loops on the inner belt.
here is a pic

Link Posted: 10/20/2014 10:54:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 10:57:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I have no idea why yours sits so high. Looks like you have the same HSGI belt I have. I have it though the belt loops on the inner belt.
here is a pic

http://<a href=https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7458/10411631736_7212ae73fd_c.jpg
View Quote

Because my belt is Crye and I'm using the molle mount.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 10:58:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
here is a pic

Sorry it looked like the hsgi. I was trying to help.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 11:00:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

If your'e not mounting anything else to that side of the belt you could always forgo the MOLLE and route the inner belt on the outside of that particular section. The previous generation Crye belts had featured removable sleeves for when people elected to do so.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's a good idea. I'd prefer to mount it to the molle webbing but that's definitely an option.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 11:43:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Daaaayum, that is way up there. Access to the belt is why I use the 5.11 VTAC belt.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 12:36:10 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

They do and that attaches to the inner belt, ie the one holding your pants up.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They make a drop adapter for any of their three hole mounting holsters, you mount the holster to the adapter and then mount the adapter to the MOLLE fork. Only drops it two inches though, your holster appears to be a high-ride version.

Or you could use this gizmo in combination with any of their traditional drop leg platforms for mounting your holster.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 3:58:50 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

They make a drop adapter for any of their three hole mounting holsters, you mount the holster to the adapter and then mount the adapter to the MOLLE fork. Only drops it two inches though, your holster appears to be a high-ride version.

Or you could use this gizmo in combination with any of their traditional drop leg platforms for mounting your holster.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That drop adapter might be the ticket. I also wonder if it would sit lower if I went with a different holster like the 6378.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 6:31:29 PM EDT
[#15]
When I had my war belt, I was running a 6378 with the 6070UBL, and it seem to work fine. I'll try to dig up some pics when I get home.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 6:40:21 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 11:11:06 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
The QLS system is awesome, especially if you run different platforms, and the UBL should attach to the belt inside the warbelt (not pants).
View Quote

The QLS is handy and it creates an extra quarter inch offset from the belt. I find that very helpful for speeding my draw.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 12:37:01 AM EDT
[#18]
let me know if you need a 6070ubl......I got one sitting here I can let go for a good price
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 8:22:34 AM EDT
[#19]
Who makes this holster?

Thanks!

John

Quoted:
here is a pic

View Quote

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 8:38:18 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
The QLS system is awesome, especially if you run different platforms, and the UBL should attach to the belt inside the warbelt (not pants).
View Quote

I like the QLS but i swapped to the GCode RTI due to the plethora of holster options, including small holster makers who will do custom rigs.
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 6:44:28 AM EDT
[#21]
I've got the same belt and similar setup.  Run the belt outside of the MOLLE for that portion where the holster would be, get yourself a UBL and put the Safariland quick attachments to the UBL.  Viola.
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 7:16:39 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
let me know if you need a 6070ubl......I got one sitting here I can let go for a good price
View Quote

Thanks for the offer but I actually have one lying around somewhere.
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 7:17:04 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I've got the same belt and similar setup.  Run the belt outside of the MOLLE for that portion where the holster would be, get yourself a UBL and put the Safariland quick attachments to the UBL.  Viola.
View Quote

Does the belt sag at all when running it outside the MOLLE?
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 9:04:42 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

RTI is what you seek.

Decent deals on eBay for them.
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 9:08:36 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

D'oh I forgot about that and I even have one...
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 10:08:09 PM EDT
[#26]

UBL
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 2:32:35 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, once it's buckled up you're gtg.  It's only that one section you need to run outside the MOLLE.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top