Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/15/2014 3:25:43 PM EDT
Anybody have a comparison of ATS ranger green to Maxpedition O.D. or foliage green?
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 3:39:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 3:47:33 PM EDT
[#2]
In your experience does the colors on your pc match the real thing when you have it in your hand?
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 4:04:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Certainly no expert on this but would suspect that items photographed by different cameras with different settings in different locations under different lighting conditions will be difficult to compare precisely. Best bet if an exact match is important would be to get it all from one manufacturer and even then there may be slight variances.
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 5:25:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Looks like i'll just have to order some stuff and see what happens.
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 6:16:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Ranger Green is *fairly* consistent among manufacturers. A darker, smoky green
Whereas...
Maxpedition's OD green is one of my favorite greens- a nice classic OD with gold-ish undertones.
Not sure about their foliage, but the difference is evident when next to one another. I'll try and get a pic up for you tonight

Ok maybe not exactly the right brands, but check this out::
Maxpedition rolypoly in OD, a Camelbak foliage green pack, and some Paraclete smoke green mag pouches. I like how they don't even match. The middle one is probably closest to how Ranger green usually appears

Link Posted: 10/15/2014 7:44:31 PM EDT
[#6]
I think i'm going to stick with the foliage green for my pack.
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 8:25:08 PM EDT
[#7]
I thought that Maxpedition's OD green was actually #483 camo green instead of a true OD.
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 8:37:27 PM EDT
[#8]
I own Maxpedition packs in OD and Foliage, and plenty of Ranger Green gear. I will snap some side-by-side pics tomorrow in natural light.

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

The MaxPedition Foliage is more of a blue/grey color than a green. It blends in fairly well in most environments in my area.

Quoted:
I thought that Maxpedition's OD green was actually #483 camo green instead of a true OD.

It is darker than the usual OD, close to Tactical Tailor's OD color.
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 9:17:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I own Maxpedition packs in OD and Foliage, and plenty of Ranger Green gear. I will snap some side-by-side pics tomorrow in natural light.

The MaxPedition Foliage is more of a blue/grey color than a green. It blends in fairly well in most environments in my area.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That would be great, thanks!
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 9:47:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Foliage is the gray/green color that accompanies UCP.
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 9:08:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Here's a pic comparing MaxPedition's Khaki-Foliage, Foliage, and OD. MultiCam Tropic boonie as well. Sunny day, pic taken under cloud coverage.

Link Posted: 10/17/2014 1:11:00 AM EDT
[#12]
Yup I'll be sticking with foliage green for my pack, ranger green will be for the chest rig and belt.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 3:08:18 AM EDT
[#13]
I'd recommend taking a hard look at the Khaki-Foliage option as well. I've found it to blend better than Foliage in almost every situation. JMHO.

ATS Cobra (original) in Ranger Green, with Emdom Sewer Green utility shingle and an OD RollyPoly.
The other 2 packs are Noataks in Foliage and Khaki-Foliage. Pic was taken in the shade, sunny morning.

This is the Khaki-Foliage Noatak in the woods, almost complete canopy coverage.

Partial sunlight through the trees.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top