Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/12/2014 8:24:09 AM EDT
The place I work just went from using a belt system to using external carriers.

Since I'm already wearing a vest, my plate carrier no longer works for Active Shooter/High Risk stuff. Any ideas on a man purse/tactical bag?

I'm thinking a one strap over-the-shoulder pack would be best. All it needs is Molle exterior to carry AR and Glock mags and enough storage for some IFAK items.

Pictures welcome!
Link Posted: 10/12/2014 8:51:11 AM EDT
[#1]
http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/US-Peacekeeper-Rapid-Deployment-Pack-Active-shoot-p/usp%20p20307.htm

I have one of these. I mostly use it as a range bag or when ever we go to the country. Has worked pretty damn good. When going to the range I have four 30 rounders in the two front pockets, and all three glock mags in the smaller side pockets then I can pack my other five mags in the main zipper pocket and a couple more boxes of ammo. A few cleaning things end up going in the smaller zip up pocket. It has a couple of mollie points on it not many, the one time I put a pouch on it, it was kinda loose but that was more from me then the system I think.

Have had the bag for about 3 or so years its held up pretty good. Now I just keep it loaded down with loaded spare bags ready to go.
Link Posted: 10/12/2014 10:24:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Check out Maxpedition they have several options for what you seek
Link Posted: 10/12/2014 10:46:26 AM EDT
[#3]
the only "man purse" I own  is the two duffel bags the Army issued me in basic with a cardboard template, my name and social security number we sprayed in black on all our bags .
Link Posted: 10/12/2014 10:57:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/US-Peacekeeper-Rapid-Deployment-Pack-Active-shoot-p/usp%20p20307.htm

I have one of these. I mostly use it as a range bag or when ever we go to the country. Has worked pretty damn good. When going to the range I have four 30 rounders in the two front pockets, and all three glock mags in the smaller side pockets then I can pack my other five mags in the main zipper pocket and a couple more boxes of ammo. A few cleaning things end up going in the smaller zip up pocket. It has a couple of mollie points on it not many, the one time I put a pouch on it, it was kinda loose but that was more from me then the system I think.

Have had the bag for about 3 or so years its held up pretty good. Now I just keep it loaded down with loaded spare bags ready to go.
View Quote

This is what I have in the house for a "go bag" also.  Similar load with a basic first aid kit and a few Israeli pressure bandages in the main compartment.

Its big enough to hold it all but not huge like the Maxpedition Jumbo bags.  Even their smaller bags  were to square for me.  The Peacekeeper is a lot flatter
Link Posted: 10/12/2014 11:36:09 AM EDT
[#5]
LAPOLICEGEAR has one which is cheap and works damn good. they have them free if your spend over $125 right now also so if you need anything else its a nice gift
Link Posted: 10/12/2014 1:43:01 PM EDT
[#6]
I have a 5.11 Bail Out Bag which I use .
Link Posted: 10/12/2014 2:38:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/12/2014 4:50:39 PM EDT
[#8]
maybe a Hazard4 reveille bag that I bought a condor strap from ebay for it. It's a great little messenger style bag now with the strap that fits my girl's Ipad , chargers. It even fits lunch when I take some to work.
Link Posted: 10/12/2014 8:34:02 PM EDT
[#9]
The SOTECH Mission Go Bag is another good option to consider. The four interior IV compartments are perfect to sub-organize your stuff.

http://www.skdtac.com/S-O-Tech-Mission-Go-Bag-p/sot.510.htm
Link Posted: 10/12/2014 10:42:05 PM EDT
[#10]
LAPG has the US Peacekeeper bag for a few bucks less.  Plus, if you order other stuff you can get their BOB for free as previously posted.

Link Posted: 10/13/2014 2:15:35 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Are there any departmental requirements as to color/camo or anything else that are pertinent?

Sounds to me like a "man purse' might not even be optimal.  For example, a surplus GI 3X2 mag bandolier, available in a wide variety of colors/camo., and with a carefully assembled bleeder kit in one of the pouches might do.  The UCP ones are easily dyed black, or either green or brown, if desired, and it is a simple process.

No provision for pistol mags on it, but there are perhaps other, shoulder slung panels that might allow attachment of pouches which you could configure to suit your needs.

Thread in this forum on how someone set one up, possibly as a chest rig.  You don't need to go that route, but there are alternatives to a "man purse" and perhaps they are worth considering.

This might be exactly what you need:http://themollepanel.com/.  I have no experience with the mfr, but see for yourself.
View Quote

No real requirements as this is just a "worst case scenario" grab and go kit. I have my Shellback Banshee pretty much perfected for a chest rig, I just need to adapt the quick access I had to being on one side of my body. I like the panel idea and a few of the other bags look like they will work too.

Like everything else on here, I am sure I will end up with another box full of gear before I find the perfect one.
Link Posted: 10/14/2014 5:05:28 AM EDT
[#12]
Currently I have a maxpedition jumbo versa pak L.E.O. in OD Green.  I use it as a diaper bag but will keep on using it after im past that. I have added a velcro pistol holster/spare pistol magazine holder to the inner most pocket. And also a od green/woodland pistol mag pouch to the outside that holds a gerber mp600 multitool.  I love it and will post a few pics when I get home.   Hardest part was finding the perfect sized nalgene bottle that fits in the ar15 mag pouch.  I could have gone with the E.D.C. version, but I felt that the L.E.O. model gave me more options and also included a built in cell phone pouch.
Link Posted: 10/14/2014 9:12:26 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 10/14/2014 2:30:33 PM EDT
[#14]
I'll be getting one of these soon.

Link Posted: 10/15/2014 12:00:55 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 12:37:48 AM EDT
[#16]
http://www.511tactical.com/rush-moab-10.html

10" AR broken with VFG and Eotech fits perfectly in the bag

and it fits laptops as well.  perfect sized bag, single sling.
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 11:38:10 PM EDT
[#17]

Heres a couple quick pics
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 4:57:12 PM EDT
[#18]
SO Tech Mission Go Bag.  Can be utilized many ways.  I travel with mine all the time.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 10:40:24 PM EDT
[#19]
I have the Cheaper than dirt UTG verision of the maxpedition two posts above mine also in OD Green.

It's in my work ride and I consider it my "walkin home bag" if I ever get stranded/EMP'd in the middle of nowhere or heck even at the office 20 miles from home.

water
beef jerky
tuna kits
lighters
flashlight or two
tape
extra knife or two
n95 mask
multi-tool
spare mag
and a few other doo-dads
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 9:20:59 AM EDT
[#20]

I was issued one, it's a purpose built piece of equipment. You can overload it easy if your not careful. This is probably worth it if you can find one used or cheap. Will hold 6 M4 mags, two pistol mags, blow out kit, survival supplies, spare flashlight, radio batt etc. Not the easiest to reload from however, it's more or less a bag designed to hold everything but fit behind a seat or in the middle of a seat etc.

Light and fast you might want to look at other options like the peace keeper or maxpedition. This is for extended ops as you can easily double your basic fighting load. Might be good for a siege or extended perimeter security operation where a suspect will be holed up. You could carry additional sustainment, observation or comfort items to help keep you comfortable, effective and alert until you are relieved.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top