Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/12/2014 12:53:58 AM EDT
Hi All!
   I'm curious as to what others have setup on their helmets.  I'd love to see pics if you wanna post em.

My setup is basic right now, stnd ACH, acu digital camo cover, rhino mount in front, ops-core occ-dial a liner kit added as well....   The occ dial a liner kit is worth it's weight in gold let me tell you, makes the helmet fit like a welding helmet... along wihtthe standard issue  3/4" pads, it's nice and comfortable....

I'm curious as to what others have up on their noggin protector, now's your time to brag and show off :-)

Mike B
Link Posted: 10/12/2014 1:01:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/12/2014 2:34:08 AM EDT
[#2]
This applies specifically to NV helmet setups:
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_6_18/226892_.html
Link Posted: 10/12/2014 11:06:59 AM EDT
[#3]
I keep a set of military  cat eyes on it. force of habit I guess
Link Posted: 10/12/2014 12:35:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 8:28:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

forgive my ignorance, other than the obvious reflection aspec, what is the main purpose of the cat eyes?  It is solely for IR reflection on night vision?
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 8:59:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I'm curious as to what others have setup on their helmets.  I'd love to see pics if you wanna post em.
View Quote

Old school PASGT with woodland cover...
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 9:02:57 PM EDT
[#7]
My mountain biking/caving helmet. High Cut Protech from TNVC.

Link Posted: 10/13/2014 9:12:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 9:59:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

forgive my ignorance, other than the obvious reflection aspec, what is the main purpose of the cat eyes?  It is solely for IR reflection on night vision?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Makes it easier to follow the guy in front of you when in dark places, the cat eyes are luminescent tape (glow in the dark).

When talking about the "camo band" which is the elastic band with a pair of cat eyes they also serve to identify your helmet (most units have SOPs for having small embroidered areas with your blood type, battle roster number, etc) and as a way to secure foliage to your helmet to break up the outline, a skill that I think has been lost in the late decade of COIN.

ETA:    Pic thread.

Some assembly required.

Link Posted: 10/13/2014 11:45:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I still have my old field PASGT from my active duty days. I 'acquired' a spare helmet and had one set up for parades and inspections and one I could use for the field. It made it a lot easier than having to swap camo covers and bands every time there was a Change-of-Command or a TA-50 layout.
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 11:57:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 10/14/2014 1:34:00 PM EDT
[#12]

Pro-Tec Bravo
Wilcox mount
Ops-Core H Nape
GoPro Lanyard
Ghetto sprayjob
Link Posted: 10/14/2014 2:23:10 PM EDT
[#13]

That whole helmet is awesome.  What do you have for a counterweight?  And how is that flashlight mounted?  I have the same one, but mine just clamps to the side like normal.  Right above the NOD plate is a much more practical spot I think.
Link Posted: 10/14/2014 3:24:00 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I still have my old field PASGT from my active duty days. I 'acquired' a spare helmet and had one set up for parades and inspections and one I could use for the field. It made it a lot easier than having to swap camo covers and bands every time there was a Change-of-Command or a TA-50 layout.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Amazing how we managed to "secure for safe keeping until properly relieved" (old MP adage) extra gear for inspections and garrison duties, isn't it?

My Kevlar is hanging in my shed. My boys (10 & 6) love to go through my old gear.
Link Posted: 10/14/2014 7:08:04 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

That whole helmet is awesome.  What do you have for a counterweight?  And how is that flashlight mounted?  I have the same one, but mine just clamps to the side like normal.  Right above the NOD plate is a much more practical spot I think.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Thanks. That pouch on the back isn't a counterweight, it's just a place to put the light when I'm not using it. The light uses the standard mount, I just drilled two holes in the top to put the two screws through instead of the clamp the mount comes with.
Link Posted: 10/14/2014 8:14:14 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Amazing how we managed to "secure for safe keeping until properly relieved" (old MP adage) extra gear for inspections and garrison duties, isn't it?

My Kevlar is hanging in my shed. My boys (10 & 6) love to go through my old gear.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I 'secured' mine while in Kosovo, in 2000. Myself and one of our -240 teams had gone from Camp Monteith to Camp Bondsteel on a day off, in order to hit the PX, Burger King, and other amenities there. While we were riding the shuttle bus around Bondsteel, my gunner found a k-pot left unattended in the back seat. He showed it to me and suggested we take it to the mayor's cell. Knowing that some REMF in there would just keep it for themselves, I asked my gunner if it was his size. He said it was a large, and therefore too small for his nugget. So, I asked to see it and told him I'd take care of it. It's now sitting in a duffel bag, less than 10 feet behind me, in case the Army ever comes looking for it.
Link Posted: 10/14/2014 8:38:32 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I 'secured' mine while in Kosovo, in 2000. Myself and one of our -240 teams had gone from Camp Monteith to Camp Bondsteel on a day off, in order to hit the PX, Burger King, and other amenities there. While we were riding the shuttle bus around Bondsteel, my gunner found a k-pot left unattended in the back seat. He showed it to me and suggested we take it to the mayor's cell. Knowing that some REMF in there would just keep it for themselves, I asked my gunner if it was his size. He said it was a large, and therefore too small for his nugget. So, I asked to see it and told him I'd take care of it. It's now sitting in a duffel bag, less than 10 feet behind me, in case the Army ever comes looking for it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I got out in '95. The "new" barracks that were being built at Fort Hood then are being torn down now.

I doubt Uncle Sam is going to come looking for an ALICE pack and a few pieces of TA-50 at this point...
Link Posted: 10/14/2014 8:45:39 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 10/14/2014 10:55:17 PM EDT
[#19]
Just a good ole authentic reproduction of the Stahlhelm M1935. Keeping it simple and it is very comfortable

Sorry for the Ipotato pic

Link Posted: 10/15/2014 12:23:24 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Just a good ole authentic reproduction of the Stahlhelm M1935. Keeping it simple and it is very comfortable

http://i1269.photobucket.com/albums/jj594/ourichie1/99D19EE6-C58A-47DE-8953-EA136982EFE3_zpsb0nvo28o.jpg
http://i1269.photobucket.com/albums/jj594/ourichie1/C26E3FCA-2A40-4320-BF67-6CE05F1A5295_zpsfuoiahu6.jpg
View Quote

Really?
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 12:46:05 AM EDT
[#21]

Details on helmet cover?
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 11:56:26 AM EDT
[#22]
Minus the pvs 14

Link Posted: 10/15/2014 12:01:40 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Details on helmet cover?
View All Quotes

http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=88&products_id=33759
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 4:01:45 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Really?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i1269.photobucket.com/albums/jj594/ourichie1/99D19EE6-C58A-47DE-8953-EA136982EFE3_zpsb0nvo28o.jpg
http://i1269.photobucket.com/albums/jj594/ourichie1/C26E3FCA-2A40-4320-BF67-6CE05F1A5295_zpsfuoiahu6.jpg

Really?

lol
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 4:11:35 PM EDT
[#25]
::shrug::

P.S. - the MOD Armory mount works way better than the previous solution...

ACH:

Wilcox G24 was a loaner.    

~Augee
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 5:12:54 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 5:18:01 PM EDT
[#27]

Link Posted: 10/15/2014 10:26:17 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 12:31:58 AM EDT
[#29]

It's an Ops-Core base jump.  One of these days, I'm going to get a Crye Airframe.
Link Posted: 11/16/2014 7:44:34 PM EDT
[#30]

Link Posted: 11/16/2014 8:34:28 PM EDT
[#31]
My bump setup.

Flexible Crye Night cap for traveling.

Link Posted: 11/16/2014 9:21:44 PM EDT
[#32]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top