Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/30/2014 10:23:27 AM EDT
Disclaimer: This is not an advertisement; I am merely a customer of Bulletproofme (BPM) and have no financial stake in their business.

I ran into a video of a photojournalist being shot in the chest but was saved by the armor plate he had on his vest.

Korengal Valley: Journalist Shot By Sniper, Pulled To Safety By Corpsman

The cameraman, Keith Lepor, was embedded with a Marine Unit in Korengal Valley in Kunar Province, Afghanistan, in 2008.
In this video you can see Lepor being shot and knocked down to the ground, where almost immediately he was pulled to safety by two Corpsmen.

I found the name of the photojournalist very familiar, and after a couple of minutes I finally figured out where I saw his name; his testimonial on BPM's website:

http://www.bulletproofme.com/Testimonials.shtml

My name is Keith Lepor and I am one of your customers from Boston, Massachusetts from where I work as a freelance photojournalist. I have actually been working since October 2007 as a Forward Media Team Leader and Photojournalist for ISAF/NATO.

I am writing to let you know that less than three hours ago in the Korengal Valley of Kunar Province, Afghanistan I was shot in the chest (over my heart) and your body armor saved my life. The plate has been damaged and will need to get a new one upon my return to the USA in three weeks.

With all best wishes, Keith Lepor
(VERY LOYAL AND HAPPY CUSTOMER)

It was interesting to see that what was posted on their website actually happened and goes to the quality of their hard armor.
I made it pretty obvious in the past that I am also a very happy customer of BPM when they finally were able to ship my body armor order to Afghanistan as well.

Just found it very interesting to actually see what had happened, and how his plate saved his life.
Awesome work by the Corpsmen who got him behind the HESCOs, and glad that Lepor was able to walk away from that ambush.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 11:19:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Wow, cool video. Thanks for sharing. Glad he survived unscathed.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 10:23:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top