Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/29/2014 1:53:46 PM EDT
Wore my Plate carrier in a class for the first time yesterday. The side plates malice clips were rubbing and chafing so bad i have black and blue marks and a small blister even. Flipping them will just cause the hurt for elsewhere.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 2:22:13 PM EDT
[#1]
WhiskeyTwo-Four attachment straps...they'll change your life...

http://wtfidea.com/

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 2:27:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Maxpedition TacTies.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 2:28:08 PM EDT
[#3]
WhiskeyTwo-Four attachment straps...they'll change your life...

http://wtfidea.com/

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 2:48:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Zip ties work as well
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 6:37:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 6:50:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 6:15:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 5:14:29 PM EDT
[#8]
I've tried all the alternatives. Whiskey two four mentioned above is the only good attachment system of this type.  And it's great.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 5:59:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

That's just mean, man.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Not to mention a lot of the younger guys will look at you funny..
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 6:15:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 9:50:34 AM EDT
[#11]
Would the Whiskey Two Four attachment straps work well with Tacos?  Seems like they would be easier than malice clips to thread.  How sturdy are they?  Any chance of them ripping?
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 7:03:23 AM EDT
[#12]
Short answer, yes...the WhiskeyTwoFour straps work with tacos...and everything else...simple design that has surpassed the Malice, the Malice clip was great (and still remains a viable option), but the lightweight and "swapability" of the W24 straps is where it's at...I've replaced all of my work and training Malice stuff with these.
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 12:02:04 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 12:50:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Hey thanks guys. I didn't think I was going to get any replies..
First, i do know what the WW 2 clips are. Have em on a pouch i bought from the surplus store as a kid.

So this is for my SKD pig with cummberbund and their plate carriers and plates i got from them on special. So no piece incompatibility issues here.

It's been 10 days since the class and i still have a bruise and caloused skin from the malice clips rubbing..

Going to take a look at your suggestions.
Link Posted: 10/12/2014 12:04:57 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 10/12/2014 3:09:48 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 4:57:18 PM EDT
[#17]

I haven't used all of what's been mentioned but I can tell you the Blade Tech Molle Lok's are garbage.
They don't properly "weave" through both items and the catch at the bottom can and will pop loose.

Link Posted: 10/13/2014 7:49:27 PM EDT
[#18]
I have some of the blackhawk speed clips and they don't work for me.  Same with the maxpidation thingies.

The blade tec mollie loc work ok for something that you want to take on and off all of the time but as another poster said, they don't weave great and I wouldn't exactly consider them bullet proof.

The most secure thing for me still is malice clips.

ETA:  I'm not using the blackhawk and maxpidition thingies if someone wants to try them.  PM me and I'll send them out if I can dig them out of my gear box.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 4:20:54 AM EDT
[#19]
Just an update, got the whiskey two-four straps in and on. MUCH BETTER!
Have a class Nov 1rst, will update with use of them.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 5:14:31 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
FWIW, I have heard some negative remarks about the Blackhawk speed clips, and not a single positive word.  I have no experience with them as a result.
View Quote

They suck ass.  All of mine are buried in a box somewhere.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 12:02:25 PM EDT
[#21]
After reading this informative thread I decided to order a small assortment of W24 Attachment Straps, Thanks guys!

OK, I have another question about Molle attachment systems. What is your thoughts on the Molly stixs? I was thinking of the Molly stix to use on my IFAK because of the fast release they offer. Are these GTG on something like my IFAK and my Trauma tourniquet.

Thanks guys

Link Posted: 10/26/2014 10:35:28 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 10:42:12 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 11:52:45 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

They are pull-away and detach, and work fine for that purpose.  If you happen to use two, they can be tied together so that the user need only pull on a loop of cord joining them.  I'd use accessory cord from www.supplycaptain.com

It is most unlikely that the Molle Stix will come unattached inadvertently, but even if deployed intentionally, consider some of dummy cord, again made from accessory cord, and make sure that the dummy cord does not hang free and cause you to get hung up.  I don't favor the Molle Stix for use on a small single pouch, such as a TQ pouch.  Better to get a pouch that covers the TQ completely (thus keeping it clean and unfrozen by rain/snow) and which pouch can be easily opened/accessed by the user.  YMMV.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
After reading this informative thread I decided to order a small assortment of W24 Attachment Straps, Thanks guys!

OK, I have another question about Molle attachment systems. What is your thoughts on the Molly stixs? I was thinking of the Molly stix to use on my IFAK because of the fast release they offer. Are these GTG on something like my IFAK and my Trauma tourniquet.

Thanks guys

They are pull-away and detach, and work fine for that purpose.  If you happen to use two, they can be tied together so that the user need only pull on a loop of cord joining them.  I'd use accessory cord from www.supplycaptain.com

It is most unlikely that the Molle Stix will come unattached inadvertently, but even if deployed intentionally, consider some of dummy cord, again made from accessory cord, and make sure that the dummy cord does not hang free and cause you to get hung up.  I don't favor the Molle Stix for use on a small single pouch, such as a TQ pouch.  Better to get a pouch that covers the TQ completely (thus keeping it clean and unfrozen by rain/snow) and which pouch can be easily opened/accessed by the user.  YMMV.

Thanks for the tips!!
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 10:03:59 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Zip ties work as well
View Quote

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top