Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/29/2014 2:17:35 AM EDT
They just up and disappeared off the face of the planet.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 2:19:13 AM EDT
[#1]

eta... I see you mean their forum on here. Not enough traffic/interest to justify several thousand $$$ a month?
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 6:08:39 AM EDT
[#2]
While I commend them for trying to change their image, they really should've started by changing their name-- "Pantac" has long been associated with airsoft and I think that really hurt them in the end.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 8:37:36 AM EDT
[#3]
I was thinking about them a few days ago, they used to be really active in this forum when they were trying to fix their image.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 12:42:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
While I commend them for trying to change their image, they really should've started by changing their name-- "Pantac" has long been associated with airsoft and I think that really hurt them in the end.
View Quote

I agree with you. We gave them some good suggestions on how to change their image. Seems like their Chinese parent company wasn't willing to listen.

And their logo.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 7:44:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I was thinking about them a few days ago, they used to be really active in this forum when they were trying to fix their image.
View Quote

They didn't actually want to hear what we had to say.
I personally T&E'd some stuff.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 7:48:15 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How'd it hold up?
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 10:36:00 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

How'd it hold up?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

How'd it hold up?

Stitching was generally fine. Cordura seemed "different". Not genuine.
Design was the main issue

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 7:50:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

How'd it hold up?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

How'd it hold up?

My stuff is still going strong. I think they got burnt by quite a few people here that promised reviews and never did shit. I knew that would happen.

I'm not sure what happened, but someone took over Wallace's spot and he wasn't very active here. I did see Wallace post the other day in another section here.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 10:36:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

How'd it hold up?

Yep...Brad's telling it straight.

I sent them a very nice, professional presentation with pictures and suggestions on not only how to improve some of their designs, but also pointed out the areas they were doing good at. All I got back was a response along the lines of "I must not know what actual Cordura feels or looks like..." after that, they broke contact with me via email and here in the forum.

It's a shame, because the stitching was pretty darn good, and while some of their designs needed help from people that actually have used gear in the real world (that's a stab at their Tacticall Mall Ninjas featured in their catalog), it was all pretty minor stuff considering the price point they were trying to hit. Wallace seemed to want to change the image and quality of Pantac...I guess he got overruled, somehow. That, or he got severely butthurt....
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 11:40:13 AM EDT
[#10]
I'm sure it's nothing more than Pantac USA making a business decision on where to spend their marketing money.  I wouldn't read more into it than that.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 1:30:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I sent them a very nice, professional presentation with pictures and suggestions on not only how to improve some of their designs, but also pointed out the areas they were doing good at. All I got back was a response along the lines of "I must not know what actual Cordura feels or looks like..." after that, they broke contact with me via email and here in the forum.

It's a shame, because the stitching was pretty darn good, and while some of their designs needed help from people that actually have used gear in the real world (that's a stab at their Tacticall Mall Ninjas featured in their catalog), it was all pretty minor stuff considering the price point they were trying to hit. Wallace seemed to want to change the image and quality of Pantac...I guess he got overruled, somehow. That, or he got severely butthurt....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

How'd it hold up?

Also never received a straight answer where they get their multicam webbing.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 2:29:15 PM EDT
[#12]

In case they're watching, the pictures in their catalog suck, the lighting is wrong, colors and textures do not present well and the is a huge lacking of high detail shots on things like stitching and construction.

My son has TPC in Coyote and it is well put together, the fabric, while not light, is a little lighter than I nut I like it enough to purchase one if I don't find something I like better first.

Link Posted: 10/1/2014 2:43:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

...the fabric, while not light, is a little lighter than I nut I like it enough to purchase one if I don't find something I like better first.

View Quote

Wait.

What?
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 2:48:33 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Wait.

What?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

...the fabric, while not light, is a little lighter than I nut I like it enough to purchase one if I don't find something I like better first.

Wait.

What?

This.

Post pics of the fabric in which you nut. I need to see this for scientific purposes.

Also, were you bitten by a radioactive spider?
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 5:49:59 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

This.

Post pics of the fabric in which you nut. I need to see this for scientific purposes.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wait.

What?

This.

I don't think this is a branch of science you want in on.  Some call it witchcrafting.  It is good to T&E stuff though the science behind using a garden hose to create mud in the back yard to ones apartment complex is in high demand.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 9:09:15 PM EDT
[#16]
This thread just took a nose dive and a sharp turn into the shitter....
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 9:39:21 PM EDT
[#17]
Holy shit!
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 5:53:25 PM EDT
[#18]
Does anyone know if Pantac USA id still in business?  They charged my debit card for an order but never sent it.  They won't return calls and emails.
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 6:46:41 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Does anyone know if Pantac USA id still in business?  They charged my debit card for an order but never sent it.  They won't return calls and emails.
View Quote

First post - in 7 years - to ask about PantacUSA

As if this thread couldn't get better
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 6:48:21 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

I would call your bank and reverse charges if possible.  Good luck
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 9:32:23 PM EDT
[#21]
I got one during their 'group buy' for their initial large run.

It's ok. Nothing I'd buy again; it's somewhere between a windbreaker and a regular soft shell.

The colors aren't even close to the descriptions and the pocket in the collar that holds the roll out hood is massively big and makes the overall lightweight jacket a pain in the ass to wear - I literally want to just cut it off. The material wears like a windbreaker and is loud as hell. Besides that, the sizing was made for something like asian kids that were never supposed to grow over 5'4 and never weigh more than 120lbs.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top