Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/22/2014 11:55:45 PM EDT
Do not know if this is the right area to start this thread.

I am in the market for a rifle drag bag.  I have visited several merchants like Midway, Cheaper than Dirt or Brownells.  Midway USA comes closest.  However, the reviews are in the low side.  Mostly with quality issues such as  zippers and  stitching among others.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/939171584/midwayusa-sniper-drag-bag-scoped-rifle-case-pvc-coated-polyester?cm_vc=ProductFinding

Need recommendations.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 12:07:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 1:44:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Tac Ops is another very nice drag bag... they are not inexpensive, but you get what you pay for...
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 4:58:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 6:42:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Normally anything that says Voodoo or Condor on it is going to be Chinese made junk.  You are going to pay good money for a drag bag and it is worth it because they get the sh!t beat out of them and have to protect your rifle.  The bags listed by posters above are excellent choices.  Back before commercial drag bags where available we used to use the old school airborne weapons drop case.  I think the nomenclature was "CASE, PARACHUTIST'S INDIVIDUAL WEAPON M-1950".  They are heavy duty canvas, padded, with a drop strap, and meant to be dropped out of perfectly good aircraft.  They hold up well and can be had in the sub $50 range if you search for them.  I have a newer one now made by Eagle, but if you want something that works on a budget that is always a choice.

IDHunt
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 10:17:42 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Eagle makes a great drag bag.
View Quote

Unfortunately, they are out of stock.  But I did email them for availability and price.  Thanks my Brother.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 1:26:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 6:24:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Anybody ever heard of Galati Gears Drag Bag?  Saw this while doing my Google.....
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 9:34:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Tac Ops is another very nice drag bag... they are not inexpensive, but you get what you pay for...
View Quote

I like mine. It is very well built, and will carry everything needed to shoot. It is heavy though. They have group buys on the Hide from time to time.
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 10:47:01 AM EDT
[#9]
How do you guys measure your rifle if I should get a 42", 48" or 50"/52" drag bag?  I found out that there are different sizes for a drag bag.  Compact, Midsize and Long.   If I measure from the butt end to the tip of the muzzle, how much allowance do I give for movement?  I do not want too much movement inside the bag if the bag is way too big even with straps wrapped around the rifle.  I found an Eagle drag bag for $200.  But I need to determine to make sure it is not way too big for my 20" barrel AR10 with Magpul MIAD with 9" - 15" Harris B-pod pointing forward. Thanks.

Edit:  Never mind.  My questions have been answered.  Do you guys have some pics to share of your bags with your rifle?  Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 11:07:40 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 6:57:28 PM EDT
[#11]
" />

Large Tac Ops. 20" DPMS LR260 with 762-SDN-6 can. The rifle isn't going to move much in there even without the can.
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 10:46:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
http://<a href=http://i1334.photobucket.com/albums/w647/B3479/DSCN0222_zps5b5abbcf.jpg</a>" />

Large Tac Ops. 20" DPMS LR260 with 762-SDN-6 can. The rifle isn't going to move much in there even without the can.
View Quote

Ok.  Thanks.  Gives me a perspective of the size of the bag in comparison with the rifle.  Just about the same size on what I got but without the can.  Not allowed in Kalifornya.
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 10:48:37 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
http://<a href=http://i1334.photobucket.com/albums/w647/B3479/DSCN0222_zps5b5abbcf.jpg</a>" />

View Quote

Nice bag.
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 11:15:14 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

Pro Patria.....What is the size of your Tac Ops drag bag?

Update:  I finally got my AR 10 complete.  From end of the Magpul PRS to the end of the Troy compensator, is 41.75".  The PRS as measured is not extended.  Would a 42" bag be too tight for the rifle?  Or I need to go up higher and get the 48"?  Thanks again.
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 9:34:33 PM EDT
[#15]
It's a large. I actually bought it for a TRG42, it fits snugly with a TBAC brake.  

My rifle measures almost the exact same as yours without the can. The small is advertised at 43.5" so it should work.

I only have the large, so I cant show you the rifle in a small. It should fit perfectly though. Here is a link to the closed group buy, it contains the contact info. He also responds to PMs on the Hide pretty quick if you have questions.

It is way overbuilt, and does come with a usable shooting mat. It is fairly heavy by itself, and by the time you get it loaded with the rifle, ammo, optics and other support equipment, it can become quite the load. It does carry nice even when loaded though.
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 10:13:02 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
It's a large. I actually bought it for a TRG42, it fits snugly with a TBAC brake.  

My rifle measures almost the exact same as yours without the can. The small is advertised at 43.5" so it should work.

I only have the large, so I cant show you the rifle in a small. It should fit perfectly though. Here is a link to the closed group buy, it contains the contact info. He also responds to PMs on the Hide pretty quick if you have questions.

It is way overbuilt, and does come with a usable shooting mat. It is fairly heavy by itself, and by the time you get it loaded with the rifle, ammo, optics and other support equipment, it can become quite the load. It does carry nice even when loaded though.
View Quote

Thanks for the link.  The GB is way over....since last year.  No GB for the foreseeable future.  I had to settle the next one in line.....Eagle Industries Drag Bag 42".   Only OD available.  BTW, they are no longer available through Eagle.  Bags are hard to come by.   Went all over online looking for a merchant that still carries them.  But other brands are still out there.  Will see if this fits.  Might be a little snug.

How is your 762-SDN-6 mounted?  Is it screwed in to a flash hider?  I went to  the website of Silencer Shop and they showed on mounting preference.  Just wondering since we are not allowed to have them here anyways.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 2:34:27 PM EDT
[#17]

It mounts to this. A lot of people complain about the "play" in the mount, but I get better results with the can on than off with this rifle.

ETA: The Eagle should serve you well.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 5:20:56 PM EDT
[#18]
Where do you buy Tac Ops bags???  I can't find them, and their website is junk.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 9:46:37 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Where do you buy Tac Ops bags???  I can't find them, and their website is junk.
View Quote

http://www.gaprecision.net/ga-store/tac-ops-drag-bag-5.html
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 6:46:14 PM EDT
[#20]
Eurooptic also carries them.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 9:51:13 PM EDT
[#21]
Update on my purchase of an Eagle Industries drag bag.  It came in Woodland and went back to merchant.  Woodland was not really my choice.  The drag bag looked like something was missing and noticed a few stiches are double stitched.

So now, I am again the market for another.  Tac Ops looks mighty good.  Will check out euro optic.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 10:01:00 PM EDT
[#22]
Any other bag recommendation would also be great.

Edit:  Placed an order for Tac Ops with Euro Optic.  Settled for an OD.  Jason of Euro Optic was very helpful on giving the size specs.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 7:01:40 PM EDT
[#23]
Wow.  What a bag.  This Tac Ops is the best.  There is even a felt layer inside the bag where the scope would be resting.  The zippers are so fantastic.  So smooth.  The nose bag also can be removed. After two previous bags (returned), the third time's the charm.  BTW, I got the Multi Cam.

You guys were right.  Get it right the first time.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 8:52:08 PM EDT
[#24]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top