Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/18/2014 10:40:15 PM EDT
So what are the brands including military issued are the real deal.  I need a size small and am trying to get a deal on one with soft armor already in it.  Doing my best to research every name but theres a lot more than I thought.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 10:45:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Condor is legit
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 10:56:43 PM EDT
[#2]
I got a banshee with soft armor all brand new from the EE for $400.00 to my door
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 10:58:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I got a banshee with soft armor all brand new from the EE for $400.00 to my door
View Quote

Not quite on the level of Condor though.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 11:03:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm almost scared to throw out my recommendation.

FirstSpear or any PC carried by SKD. You most likely will have to buy soft armor separately
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 5:00:17 AM EDT
[#5]
Eagle Industries

Link Posted: 9/19/2014 5:23:35 AM EDT
[#6]
This

but it's not cheap

Link Posted: 9/19/2014 5:40:32 AM EDT
[#7]
Crye
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 6:42:26 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Crye
View Quote

Cage ftw
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 7:39:53 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Priceless advice
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 9:11:27 AM EDT
[#10]
I would send Mike over at Appalachian training (they specialize in armor products) an email asking what you want. I just ordered my mayflower apc from him and he went out of his way to make sure I got what I wanted and for the right price. Great customer service.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 9:16:32 AM EDT
[#11]
Beez Combat Systems

Link Posted: 9/19/2014 9:45:44 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I would send Mike over at Appalachian training (they specialize in armor products) an email asking what you want. I just ordered my mayflower apc from him and he went out of his way to make sure I got what I wanted and for the right price. Great customer service.
View Quote

Do they carry Condor? I wouldn't trust my life to anything less
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 10:41:21 AM EDT
[#13]
OP - it would be much easier for you to simply throw out a couple brands you're looking at than to ask for a listing of brands.  

Anything made overseas, and particularly shipped from overseas will be suspect.  

Anything being sold on a website that is oriented for airsoft will likely be a Chinese made, low quality knock-off of an existing product.  

Anything using eBay as their primary means of distribution will likely also be suspect.

~Augee
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 11:15:24 AM EDT
[#14]
LBT 6094-RS
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 11:36:04 AM EDT
[#15]
Tactical Assault Gear (TAG) has the Banshee with complete (front and sides) level IIIA for just under $400.  The Banshee by itself is currently on sale for $116 if you wanted to go with a different armor package.  ASW also has their Operator's Choice carrier for $150 that is a copy of the LBT 6094 and looks pretty good.  From what I can tell neither is the best on the market but they're both good quality and seem to be a lot of bang for the buck.  Worth at least taking a look.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 12:13:32 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
LBT 6094-RS
View Quote

I have a 6094a and love it (had to call them to ensure it was cut for "swimmer" plates)
It's well worth the price.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 12:40:49 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Beez Combat Systems

http://www.beezcombatsystems.com/

View Quote

Link Posted: 9/19/2014 12:44:47 PM EDT
[#18]
If you're looking for something really lightweight/minimalist, check out the PIG BRIG at SKD

Not for everyone, but I don't have 30lbs of shit to hang off of it anyway.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 2:40:37 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Beez Combat Systems

http://www.beezcombatsystems.com/

I was gonna say.....
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 2:52:02 PM EDT
[#20]
Lbt, first spear, crye are all good ones. I got a lbt 6094a
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 3:05:42 PM EDT
[#21]
i got a velocity systems oav for 8 bucks on ebay :) granted i sold my archteryx jacket but i still scored a deal
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 3:21:49 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
OP - it would be much easier for you to simply throw out a couple brands you're looking at than to ask for a listing of brands.  

Anything made overseas, and particularly shipped from overseas will be suspect.  

Anything being sold on a website that is oriented for airsoft will likely be a Chinese made, low quality knock-off of an existing product.  

Anything using eBay as their primary means of distribution will likely also be suspect.

~Augee
View Quote

Thats the point of my post.  I dont know the knock offs or real brands.  All I really knew at the time was the IOTV was made by point blank.  Im just now getting into this.   I was going to just order a whole set from ar500.com but they dobt offer a single small carrier.  Im not going to spend a good amount of money on a carrier thats too big.

I just figured getting a deal on one that already has soft armor in it be the carrier new or used since lvl3 kevlar is pricy.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 3:43:45 PM EDT
[#23]
Well more importantly what's you budget for a carrier? Do you want low profile, or a war fighting one? Are you a civlian or deployed/ Leo?

As a civilian, the most I would go for a plate carrier is a lbt6094. Minimalist is a lot better for a civilian. Since I'm a regular Joe Schmoe I just want protection, an ifak, and 3-4 mags max.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 4:18:14 PM EDT
[#24]
Civilian.

Spending just depends on if I can get a deal on kevlar cause I can always get coated plates any time.  Thats why Im cruising ebay and CL.  So, if I can get a complete setup with kevlar then $600ish.  Accessories like pouches and such are just a bonus if they come with it.   I can live with used.  Im not the kind of guy into spending $800 on just a carrier.

Ive found a lot of steals on CL but they either go quick or are far away and they dont want to ship.

I guess I figured in the middle on mobility vs heftyness.   I was reading up on the USMC IMTV being good on mobility.  Quick release is a plus.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 4:23:34 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Civilian.

Spending just depends on if I can get a deal on kevlar cause I can always get coated plates any time.  Thats why Im cruising ebay and CL.  So, if I can get a complete setup with kevlar then $600ish.   I can live with used.  Im not the kind of guy into spending $800 on just a carrier.

Ive found a lot of steals on CL but they either go quick or are far away and they dont want to ship.
View Quote
PIG BRIG is $90-$120 for the carrier with several sizes and plate styles to choose from.

buy your own soft armor and plates - too many variables when buying used - especially ceramic plates (unless of course you have an x-ray machine handy)
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 6:03:25 PM EDT
[#26]
Op, I would suggest maybe a crye jpc from ebay. I would suggest ceramic over steel plates. Yea they will cost more, but you can get a pair of ceramics  2-300 bucks. The weight saving and no fragmentated material is a bonus.

Do you want an all in 1 package or soft armor and plate carrier seperate? There are many setups, but just try to figure out what works for you. For me, if I'm pulling my rifle out as a civilian in a real life situation, stuff has gone really bad an I'll put on a carrier.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 12:31:47 AM EDT
[#27]
The SKD PIG plate carrier is an excellent choice, but it will cost you. Same with the Diamondback Tactical AW-FAPCR. I've used both, love them both, and would not hesitate to recommend them. Other good choices, as others have said, would likely be anything made by LBT, First Spear, Crye Precision, Tyr Tactical, and Mayflower. Velocity Systems is also pretty well thought of.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 7:30:20 AM EDT
[#28]
http://blogs.militarytimes.com/gearscout/2011/06/16/nine-months-with-the-skd-pig-rig/?repeat=w3tc
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 8:51:44 AM EDT
[#29]
My RBAV-AF is made by Eclipse.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 11:15:40 AM EDT
[#30]
Instead of mocking the dude, or listing one brand you like, give the OP some options!!!!

London Bridge Tactical
Crye Precision
Patrol Incident Gear
Point Blank
Tactical Assault Gear
Paraclete
HSGI
Mayflower
Shellback Tactical
TYR Tactical
FirstSpear
BAE Systems Armor

All are good brands.

Condor is NOT a good brand, regardless if someone here is trying to make a joke.
Beez Combat has had really poor QC recently and should be avoided.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 3:25:25 PM EDT
[#31]
Thanks Ignis.  Exactly whay I was looking for. Only problem is its slim pickins on size small.  Every time I find one, it's sold in a heart beat.  Just like when clotges go on sale.   I hate being a size small.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 3:55:38 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

Who is EE?
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 4:01:57 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Who is EE?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Who is EE?

Equipment exchange.

Link Posted: 9/21/2014 5:37:01 PM EDT
[#34]
I believe T.A.G. has that same, or very similar, package for sale for the same price.  I've ordered the Banshee PC but I haven't received it yet so I can't comment on it first hand but it's supposed to be one of the better ones in that price range.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 5:37:34 PM EDT
[#35]
I believe T.A.G. has that same, or very similar, package for sale for the same price.  I've ordered the Banshee PC but I haven't received it yet so I can't comment on it first hand but it's supposed to be one of the better ones in that price range.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 10:17:53 PM EDT
[#36]
TAG has the Rampage on clearance for $70.88 if you need a large and can deal with ACU or ABU.  Spartikis named the BAE Eclipse RBAV-AF.  I have been seeing them in the $150 to $200 range.  I picked one up for a spare set of armor panels and plates I had sitting around.  Very nice piece of gear.  It may become my primary armor carrier.

IDHunt
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 12:17:25 AM EDT
[#37]
If you can get a good price diamondback tactical is good to go too
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 2:21:05 PM EDT
[#38]
I'm 5'5" & 130lbs with a high metabolism.  I keep 3 waist sizes on my shorts and pants because my waist is constantly changing back and forth.  If it doesn't say small, there's no point of me putting it on.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 6:51:39 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 9:22:33 PM EDT
[#40]
Found a guy off armlist that has new eagle industries Mar Ciras carrier set.  Just no deltoid or side plate kevlar.  Gonna have to modify the medium front/back kevlar to fit into the small carrier.

Thanks for the suggestions.   One last thing.  How do you read british sizing?  Say 170/100?    Im guessing those two are in cm but I dont know what the two numbers are for.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 12:16:47 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Found a guy off armlist that has new eagle industries Mar Ciras carrier set.  Just no deltoid or side plate kevlar.  Gonna have to modify the medium front/back kevlar to fit into the small carrier.

Thanks for the suggestions.   One last thing.  How do you read british sizing?  Say 170/100?    Im guessing those two are in cm but I dont know what the two numbers are for.
View Quote

Height and chest, both in centimeters as you surmised.
170/100 is 170cm tall, 100cm chest, so about 5'7" tall and 39-40" chest.

ETA: I think the smallest chest size available in Brit gear is 96cm, which comes out to about 38" (technically more like 37.8"), but I don't know their gear well at all.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 8:54:04 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I'm 5'5" & 130lbs with a high metabolism.  I keep 3 waist sizes on my shorts and pants because my waist is constantly changing back and forth.  If it doesn't say small, there's no point of me putting it on.
View Quote

You need to measure yourself for plates. The size of the carrier is based on the plates, not your shirt size. Most likely 8x10s will not provide adequate coverage. Next step up is 10x12 which fit a medium carrier.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_6_10/349140_Proper_wear_of_Hard_Armor__with_anatomical_diagrams_.html
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 5:05:53 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

You need to measure yourself for plates. The size of the carrier is based on the plates, not your shirt size. Most likely 8x10s will not provide adequate coverage. Next step up is 10x12 which fit a medium carrier.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_6_10/349140_Proper_wear_of_Hard_Armor__with_anatomical_diagrams_.html
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

OP, start with that link.
get your measurements.
good start is TAG Banshee...this was mine and wife's starting PC.  
when you get your PC sorted out, run around with it and see how it fits.

on the top right page of this site...same level as the AR15.COM banner, you'll see either in orange or red "Build your Rifle" and Equipment Exchange....go there for some gently used gears.  you'll start seeing the various brands most of member buy, then names will start looking familiar, like SKD, Mayflower, CRYE, etc...

Good luck and stay safe
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 9:02:44 AM EDT
[#44]
I wore a Condor in Astan...

Link Posted: 10/10/2014 9:05:32 AM EDT
[#45]
Mayflower/Velocity or whatever they call themselves now
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 4:22:02 PM EDT
[#46]
If you want a no-shit Army issue vest get an Interceptor. The IOTV is a complete and utter piece of shit, unless you want to hide your fatness or move/look like a turtle.
Link Posted: 10/11/2014 3:04:50 AM EDT
[#47]
I try to buy good quality gear, the buy once cry once motto. I do research heavily and asses my own needs, then purchase accordingly. My life very well may depend on the equipment i use.  Huge difference between being cheap and being a smart shopper. Really asses what your needs are and go from there.
Link Posted: 10/11/2014 5:35:51 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Crye Precision

London Bridge Trading (LBT)

First Spear

Tyr Tactical

Trident Tactical (T3)

Blue Force Gear

High Speed Gear Inc.

Tactical Assault Gear (TAG)

Velocity Systems

Tactical Tailor

Not in any order.  But, these are all high quality brands that I would trust my life with.
View Quote

I own stuff from almost every brand on your list

I need help
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top