Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/16/2014 1:12:15 PM EDT
I know there's been a few threads over the years on this - I've googled and read them, but they're archived now.

So I'm new to plate carriers, and like most am a little bit challenged with getting a good shoulder with my rifles when I'm wearing a plate carrier. My AR isn't as bad since it has a rubberized buttpad on the stock, but my AK's (which are my go to guns ) have the traditional metal/plastic slippery end plates.

None of the stocks on my rifles really lend themselves very well to the wedge-behind-the-plate method.

I'm thinking about making a small paracord mod to the far right side of my carrier to create an artificial pocket to keep rifle buttstocks from sliding off the plate when shouldered.

What say you guys?
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 11:08:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Bed liner, or plastidip for your but plate to give it some grip. Or get an AR style stock for it.

i dont know what you plan on doing with the para cord, but I dont know if I could trust it for that application.
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 11:28:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Bed liner, or plastidip for your but plate to give it some grip. Or get an AR style stock for it.

i dont know what you plan on doing with the para cord, but I dont know if I could trust it for that application.
View Quote

I was reading another archived thread and somebody mentioned wrapping paracord around a few of the molle straps on the chest around where your rifle butt would normally sit in your shoulder, to create a bit of a barrier to keep the buttstock from sliding off the plate carrier. At least that's how I interpreted it. The plastidip is a good idea.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 9:04:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Try some shoe-goo or other silicone-ish adhesives, I put some on the top corners of my eagle MBAV and it is very grippy!
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 1:38:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Skateboard grip tape
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 3:38:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 9:26:33 PM EDT
[#6]
You will be glad you went Warsaw length and not NATO!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top