Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/26/2014 8:19:09 AM EDT
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 8:34:47 AM EDT
[#1]
I think that it is a great pattern but i live in south carolina where this pattern is not extremely effective.  I think that it would work really well in the south west US but i'm good with standard multicam here in SC.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 8:36:20 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 9:16:48 AM EDT
[#3]
pics would help in this thread
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 10:30:42 AM EDT
[#4]
Multicam Arid

Vs. 3 color desert
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 10:54:54 AM EDT
[#5]
I'd be interested, would like to see some in person though.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 1:40:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Exactly. I MIGHT work ok out here... but I'm not sure yet.

Nothing else seems to. Well, that's not true. Some of the hunting patterns work pretty well:

(not my pic)

I have high hopes for Highlander, but haven't tested it yet. I know there is another NV hunter on here who swears by it though.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 2:54:52 PM EDT
[#7]
I spend a good bit of time in AZ and am planning on moving out there. I think regular Multicam works exceptionally well as-is. That said, sure, I'd like to see it tested. More camo patterns mean more options for us plebeians.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 3:45:02 PM EDT
[#8]
I can see how this would work in the north Texas area.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 4:13:33 PM EDT
[#9]
It might make a decent camo for the fall as well.

edit to fix autocorrect.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 4:56:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I can see how this would work in the north Texas area.
View Quote

Forgot to add "Thank You!" for your efforts.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 5:34:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Nothing else seems to. Well, that's not true. Some of the hunting patterns work pretty well:

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n316/wiuprof/hunting/IMG_0920cropsh.jpg

(not my pic)

I have high hopes for Highlander, but haven't tested it yet. I know there is another NV hunter on here who swears by it though.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n316/wiuprof/hunting/IMG_0920cropsh.jpg

(not my pic)

How did that floating head take that shot?!  
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 5:44:19 PM EDT
[#12]
Somewhat interested, mostly because my budget doesn't allow "very" interested at the moment.
As soon as that changes, I'll be looking more intently.
But I'm not really able to promise any purchases in the immediate future, much though I'd like to.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 6:23:27 PM EDT
[#13]
Arizonacam....
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 6:32:32 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
It might make a decent camo for the fall as well.

edit to fix autocorrect.
View Quote

That's kind of my thought as well. I think it'd work pretty effectively in the fall/spring around here.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 6:35:36 PM EDT
[#15]
Forgot to mention this before, but where I live, anytime except winter (especially with the 3-year drought on right now) Arid Multicam would probably work great, and OG Multicam would probably work just fine the rest of the time.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 6:46:07 PM EDT
[#16]
i would be if the price was not crazy.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 9:21:06 PM EDT
[#17]
Being in the North East, I am most excited for Multicam Tropic. Original Multicam and Multicam Tropic will cover your bases for pretty much any environment out here. I think Arid is much more niche than Tropic since it's so close to regular Multicam. I could see people being excited if you were in the driest of environments.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 12:24:38 PM EDT
[#18]
VERY interested - Panhandle, South Plains of West Texas
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 1:49:28 PM EDT
[#19]
In my area, the standard multicam is as close to 100% perfection as you could get. Light green and tan (with a little brown) is pretty close to perfect. <EDIT> I've seen guys in this area running ATACS FG and AU, and they both work, but the Multicam Arid seems like a solution looking for a problem. </EDIT>

If I lived in west Texas I *might* have a different opinion, maybe, but probably not.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 1:59:23 PM EDT
[#20]
I'm waiting for Esstac to make me a chest rig in Tropic multicam
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 2:51:23 PM EDT
[#21]

Hard to tell online but Multicam Arid actually has that light green color that DCU3 has in it also.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 3:38:39 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

In my area, the standard multicam is as close to 100% perfection as you could get. Light green and tan (with a little brown) is pretty close to perfect. <EDIT> I've seen guys in this area running ATACS FG and AU, and they both work, but the Multicam Arid seems like a solution looking for a problem. </EDIT>

If I lived in west Texas I *might* have a different opinion, maybe, but probably not.
View Quote
My gut tells me and as you have alluded to, that the original Multicam is probably the pattern of choice. I'm just very curious about the new Arid pattern.

Link Posted: 8/31/2014 5:10:28 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
My gut tells me and as you have alluded to, that the original Multicam is probably the pattern of choice. I'm just very curious about the new Arid pattern.

View Quote

I'd like to see some comparison pics of MC Arid vs. ATACS AU in different backgrounds.  I kind of like the ATACS stuff but don't expect it to have a chance on the market against MC.
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 4:19:22 PM EDT
[#24]
Bah, ignore me.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top