Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/29/2014 8:13:13 PM EDT
I have been using Vickers QD swivel sling attachments & they're just really hard to press to QD.  The button is just too small and needs to be depressed deep into the mount.

I have seen some new ones that came out recently for around $33 a piece, they are made of aluminum I think though vs steel like the rest but have really large buttons.

Anyone know which ones these are?  Anyone think they're not a good idea/strong enough since they're aluminum instead of steel like the other ones on the market?

Any other options?
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 7:49:39 PM EDT
[#1]
I found the one I was talking about: ALG Defense Forged Sling Swivel

Says it has a pull break strength of 800 lbs & is made from 7075 forged aluminum.

Anyone have a clue what steel QD's break strength is?  Either way I would assume 800 lbs would be plenty strong.

Plus it looks a bit larger, including the button and I would imagine easier to QD off & on than the Vickers I have, both with and without gloves.  

Anyone have one of these and can comment on its function?
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 2:03:54 PM EDT
[#2]
No one has these new aluminum ones?
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 4:38:47 PM EDT
[#3]
I use a noveske end plate and a mag pul qd sling mount, I've had good luck with the combo.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top