Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/24/2014 9:35:54 PM EDT
http://soldiersystems.net/2014/07/24/tru-spec-adds-two-new-patterns-multicam-family-popular-tru-line/

The MultiCam Tropic™ and MultiCam Arid™ patterns join TRU-SPEC®’s current offerings of MultiCam® and MultiCam Black™. The new patterns will be available through selected TRU-SPEC® dealers at the end of August 2014. Visit www.truspec.com or facebook.com/TRUSPEC to find a dealer near you.
View Quote
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 10:44:01 PM EDT
[#1]
I actually like the 'Tropic'. That would work up here in the North East pretty effectively I think.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 8:27:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Are they the only ones making Tropic?
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 8:30:13 AM EDT
[#3]
They're the only ones offering Black, Tropic, or Arid in a wearable pants/shirt form at this point. Crye Precision hasn't made their AC/G3 lineup available in the new patterns and no one else really has either.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 11:17:06 AM EDT
[#4]

Anyone tried to dye any faded old multicam yet?  

Not sure how well it would work since most of mine is aramid and probably wont hold dye.

cheers,

Link Posted: 7/25/2014 3:38:23 PM EDT
[#5]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I actually like the 'Tropic'. That would work up here in the North East pretty effectively I think.
View Quote

Same here.  Probably gonna get some of the tropic 500d Cordula at some point to play around with, seems like it would work great around here about this time of year.

Link Posted: 7/25/2014 3:55:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Tropic Group Buy?
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 5:35:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Is Truspec NIR compliant?
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 6:04:57 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Is Truspec NIR compliant?
View Quote

The 50/50 NyCo ripstop is NIR compliant, per Duro Ind. website.

http://multicamfabric.com/shop-fabrics/nyco-ripstop-multicam-tropic

Any follow on cheaper 65/35 PolyCotton ripstop would not be NIR.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 6:41:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Been waiting forever for Tropic. Shame they waited to release it at the end of summer and instead released Black first

Not a fan of TRU-SPEC though as I don't care for their button fly.

ETA: Last I heard Crye said new patterns in their line won't be offered until beginning of 2015 - which most likely means mid to late 2015
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 9:09:20 PM EDT
[#10]
wow really digging the tropic.....would work perfect in my area me thinks
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 4:31:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 4:52:43 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Before spending a lot of money on these two MC variants, first obtain some used GI ACUs that fit you.  Go one size up, but never down.

Dye them with Rit Apple Green dye for the greenish tint, and Taupe for the brownish tint.  You will have colors resembling those in the pic, if you read up on the Rit site www.ritdye.com.  True, the digital pattern will still be there, but I think most people will be impressed with the results.

For example, these UCP items were dyed using Rit Apple Green:http://www.ar15.com/media/viewFile.html?i=53002

http://www.ar15.com/media/viewFile.html?i=53000
View Quote

Those look great raf!
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 5:10:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 8:06:11 PM EDT
[#14]
Truespec is a shit company.  25% of my selection class had blown out crotches within 1 week of use in field conditions.  Good enough for neckbeards and airsofters though.
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 7:49:33 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Before spending a lot of money on these two MC variants, first obtain some used GI ACUs that fit you.  Go one size up, but never down.

Dye them with Rit Apple Green dye for the greenish tint, and Taupe for the brownish tint.  You will have colors resembling those in the pic, if you read up on the Rit site www.ritdye.com.  True, the digital pattern will still be there, but I think most people will be impressed with the results.

For example, these UCP items were dyed using Rit Apple Green:http://www.ar15.com/media/viewFile.html?i=53002

http://www.ar15.com/media/viewFile.html?i=53000
View Quote

Looks like regular UCP to me.
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 9:49:14 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 10:22:33 AM EDT
[#17]
Neither really appeal to me personally. Browns are more environment-neutral and the tropic colors are too bright for 3 of 4 seasons. Kryptec Highlander is probably the most useful for temperate forest areas.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 9:25:32 AM EDT
[#18]
UR-Tactical has been offering MC Black and Tropic since the fabric was made available for garment manufacturing.  They are made in Hong Kong, but are very high quality, and there are a number of Americans who work there as well.  They offer a combat shirt and pants with adjustable knee pads.

Combat Shirt

Pants
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 12:52:11 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Tropic Group Buy?
View Quote

IN  
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 1:36:37 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Truespec is a shit company.  25% of my selection class had blown out crotches within 1 week of use in field conditions.  Good enough for neckbeards and airsofters though.
View Quote

+1.

I don't want to turn this into an "I hate Tru Spec" post, but I wish they would be realistic with their sizing. XL in BDUs is XXL in Tru Spec pants
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 4:03:42 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

+1.

I don't want to turn this into an "I hate Tru Spec" post, but I wish they would be realistic with their sizing. XL in BDUs is XXL in Tru Spec pants
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1.

So order a size small and be done with it.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 4:10:44 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1.

The point of a universal sizing system is so that you can order your size and expect it to fit. I have some truspec pants that are too large because I did not know they run big. I still wear them with my belt cinched up, but its still kind of annoying.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 6:37:04 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

The point of a universal sizing system is so that you can order your size and expect it to fit. I have some truspec pants that are too large because I did not know they run big. I still wear them with my belt cinched up, but its still kind of annoying.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1.

Universal to the brand, not across the industry. That's why we have sizing charts, and that's why I check them before I buy stuff I can't try on first. It's worked well for me so far.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 8:25:59 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 12:36:22 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Universal to the brand, not across the industry. That's why we have sizing charts, and that's why I check them before I buy stuff I can't try on first. It's worked well for me so far.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1.

I did check the sizing chart. Still big.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 4:34:16 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
IN

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Tropic Group Buy?

IN

I ran the GRoup Buy back when TruSpec introduced their Multicam line.  They released small qty to each dealer to spread it across the board. IT took 3 mos for me to get everybody their stuff, both ACU cut and BDU cut as well as boonies.  I had stacks for Priority Mail boxes lined up with some empty, some with just a cpl items waiting for the recipients entire order to arrive.  And when it took longer, it was insinuated I should ship on hand then pay out of my pocket for the second Priority Mail box when the last pair of pants arrived.   Plus answering the same stupid questions already answered in the post.  I tried to make it as simple as possible but it turned into a headache for me and about $100 loss out of my pocket plus my time and trips to PO.

Link Posted: 8/25/2014 3:05:37 PM EDT
[#27]
Just saw this on recoil and grabbed a pair of the pants. look great.

http://www.recoilweb.com/tru-spec-uniforms-now-available-in-multicam-tropic-and-arid-48889.html
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 4:36:27 PM EDT
[#28]
Any word on plans from Propper to offer MC Arid and Tropic?
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 2:58:46 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Not sure how well it would work since most of mine is aramid and probably wont hold dye.

cheers,

View Quote

I did this years ago with Rit brown. it has a 'redish' kinda tint to it, but it works in the dead leaves.

" />
" />
" />
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 10:19:49 AM EDT
[#30]

Cool, thank you sir.  

I cut off some old MC pants into shorts so I'll see if I can get around to experimenting with the scraps.  

I'm looking for a more "tropic" color so I'll prob start with the apple and dark green RIT dyes.

cheers,

Link Posted: 9/10/2014 7:25:15 PM EDT
[#31]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

cheers,

I did this years ago with Rit brown. it has a 'redish' kinda tint to it, but it works in the dead leaves.

http://<a href=http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc44/bb868/1310953618.jpg</a>" />
http://<a href=http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc44/bb868/1320439804.jpg</a>" />
http://<a href=http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc44/bb868/1320439802.jpg</a>" />

Now THAT   looks pretty effective and blends in color-wise.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top