Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/24/2014 2:04:18 PM EDT
So I'm in the market for some hard ceramic. I already have a Shellback Banshee plate carrier with the soft armor inserts and want to upgrade with some plates and would love to get some suggestions on what and where to get them. Thanks
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 2:12:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Look at Appalachian Training's offerings. Mike is very easy to deal with and will guide you every step of the way.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 2:15:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Look at Appalachian Training's offerings. Mike is very easy to deal with and will guide you every step of the way.
View Quote

+1
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 2:19:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Highcom Security

Easy to deal with, and they ship pretty fast.

Use promo code USAMADE for discount at checkout
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 3:06:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
So I'm in the market for some hard ceramic. I already have a Shellback Banshee plate carrier with the soft armor inserts and want to upgrade with some plates and would love to get some suggestions on what and where to get them. Thanks
View Quote

I see you are in NC. I would head over to Fayetteville (where ft Bragg is) and start combing the pawn shops on Yadkin rd, Riley Rd, and Bragg blvd (bring your CCW gun if you do this on Bragg blvd) Plate sets aren't that hard to find there- I've seen them go for $200. While you are in town, you could check out the airborne and spec ops museum downtown- its pretty awesome and free admission, if you're into that kind of thing. Best fun shops price wise are Phase 5 supply (Riley) Shooters, and Carolina Pawn (both on Bragg). Coolest stuff is at Jim's (Yadkin- bring KY if you plan to buy) and grey Group (Riley - higher end stuff like paraclete, crye, arcteryx, etc.) stay away from Guns Plus in Spring Lake- bunch of poser tards that will screw you if you let them. Bring 2 tubes of KY if you go there any way.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 3:42:11 PM EDT
[#5]
bulletproofme or SKD
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 3:55:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Highcom Security

View Quote

+1000000000000000000000000000
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 4:39:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 7:01:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yes, I've had nothing but awesome experiences with Mike.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 7:27:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Highcom Security

View Quote

yup. During a recent sale I got two midwest guardian lvl4 plates for $180 shipped.
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 5:13:39 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
yup. During a recent sale I got two midwest guardian lvl4 plates for $180 shipped.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Highcom Security

Did any of you guys get a email asking for your birth certificate? Just got one and wondering is this place on the up and up?

Link Posted: 7/26/2014 5:16:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top