Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/24/2014 6:59:43 AM EDT
Pretty straight forward question I guess.  Just wondering if their stuff is built well and worth buying.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 7:07:11 AM EDT
[#1]
From my knowledge...no.

Edited-joker581
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 8:06:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Political commentary aside, their gear is OK.

Stitching and construction are on par with any other top line gear.  They have a few interesting designs like their Super Admin pouch and a couple of low profile backpacks.

You can get most of their slings with mash hooks (which I prefer).

Since everything they make is "custom" in that you typically have several options to choose from, it takes a while for them to ship.  They do, however, provide e-mail updates about the progress of your order as it go into/through production.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 12:03:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 5:34:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Political commentary aside, their gear is OK.

Stitching and construction are on par with any other top line gear.  They have a few interesting designs like their Super Admin pouch and a couple of low profile backpacks.

You can get most of their slings with mash hooks (which I prefer).

Since everything they make is "custom" in that you typically have several options to choose from, it takes a while for them to ship.  They do, however, provide e-mail updates about the progress of your order as it go into/through production.
View Quote

If you consider people who make Top-Of-The-Line Gear that sew single-point slings together so they are twisted, or you like thin, cheap-feeling material with no positive snap as MOLLE strips, or if you are looking for a company who will not honor their warranty/defect craftsmanship claims and take forever to build and ship, then they are your go-to guys.

Of course, some people say I buy my gear from a felon and a thief - so YMMV.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 7:19:59 PM EDT
[#5]
I have a fair number of their articles, know other who do, and have never encountered any of the conditions you cite.

The "25% off today only" every day marketing technique and the extended lead times are a bit annoying, but they have a few designs which made them worth trying and I wasn't disappointed.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 6:45:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have a fair number of their articles, know other who do, and have never encountered any of the conditions you cite.

The "25% off today only" every day marketing technique and the extended lead times are a bit annoying, but they have a few designs which made them worth trying and I wasn't disappointed.
View Quote

As I clearly stated: "YMMV" and seeing as how you most likely use the gear you buy (judging from your tank and location), I am certainly glad that the items you ordered worked out for you. On the flip side, everybody and their mother rags on OSOE, and out of thousands of dollars spent, I've never had a bad transaction - as a matter of fact, every purchase came before the quoted delivery time and even one time I got a little something extra (a pretty cool Christmas stocking).

As for the validity of my previous post, it is exactly what happened to me in 2012 after I ordered quite a few items from them for use in Afghanistan as well. I guess different people can have different standards, but they are most definitely NOT "top of the line" by any stretch of the imagination. Companies such as Tactical Tailor, HSGI, USGG, etc, put their products to shame.

The old adage "You get what you pay for" applies to most things in general, and BDS Tactical Gear in particular.
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 8:54:48 PM EDT
[#7]
I've got a BDS Chest rig and it's legit! Tough, good materials, good stitching. I love the internal admin pouch.
Downside is that it took some time to get it, as they make everything when you order it, so turnaround can be a month.

I also have a daypack/camelbak holder and war-belt sleeve. It's all really well built.  
It's not sexy, but it is well made and well designed. It stands up well next to my Tactical Tailor stuff.

{edit} their TODAYS PRICE ONLY makes me lol
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 4:06:42 PM EDT
[#8]
I was unimpressed, there are better made alternatives out there.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top