Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/22/2014 11:26:25 PM EDT
Solid pouches and the design is very intelligently thought out BUT whenever I try to remove one for a reload the front of my vest comes up.

Too much retention. Is there anyway to reduce it slightly, perhaps by using a heat gun and bending the Kydex inserts a bit?
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 11:55:15 PM EDT
[#1]
They will wear in/out with use.

They are good, a little too good in the beginning.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 6:09:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
They will wear in/out with use.

They are good, a little too good in the beginning.
View Quote

This.

After siting in the gun vault baking for a couple of weeks with mags in them they loosed up for me.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 9:57:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Like the others have said.  Just use them and store a loaded mag in there and they will loosen up.

It's a trade off between speed and retention.  I have never had a mag fall out (can't say that about my old Eagle M4 chest rig) and I have never not been able to get a mag out when needed.

They are tight when new but trust me, they loosen up with use just like everything else

Rob
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 10:24:30 AM EDT
[#4]
If you want you can take some USGI mags and continuously draw and insert them to wear the kydex a bit.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 12:25:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Load um up
Put them in your car with the windows rolled up
Park it in the sun for a few hours

That will loosen um up
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 12:26:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Yes, you can bend them (with a heat gun too) to how you like them.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 1:31:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Sitting on the dash of my truck right now in 100 degree weather. Shouldn't be long!
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 12:50:02 AM EDT
[#8]
Worked like a charm. Thanks!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top