Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/21/2014 7:16:38 PM EDT
Anyone know where to get them? I'm looking for a small/medium in Coyote to go along with my JPC. Who uses them so far, how do you like them?
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 8:38:31 PM EDT
[#1]
I ordered mine and get it Wednesday. It's perfect for me and I tried it in person. Order from crye. My multicam got processed in a few days dive to debit card hold and it being the weekend. However, I'm getting mine in 2 days shipped. It's a great damn belt dude. I would swap the nylon belt for a ares gear rsnger belt or a different cobra riggers belt instead of the crap they include.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 10:48:27 AM EDT
[#2]
I have my HSGI Cobra that I plan to put in it. And I'm glad to hear some positive reviews.

Is there anyway to make the RTI duty mount work with these belts?

eta: http://www.tacticalholsters.com/product/Accessories/GCA30.html

this
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 1:16:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Yes the crye mrb has cut out on left and right sides for dro legs or belt mouted holsters. I'm gonna use a rti molle adapter for my gcode holster, but yor mount works just as well :)
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 2:58:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Picked one up from Crye as my first battle belt.  A pro and a con: the inner pants belt can be left attached to the MOLLE sleeve, which makes for very consistent placement and a comfortable, secure fit. However, trying to feed the inner belt through belt loops with the weight of the sleeve pulling it back and down is a PITA.  Stripping the gun, mags, multi-tool, light, etc., off the belt makes the task easier, but still a bit clumsy with the remaining weight of the pouches and drop leg holster.  The second issue I've noticed is the thin weight of the liner belt in the MOLLE sleeve.  When attaching a drop leg to it through the holster cutout, there is noticeable sag and roll because the material is so thin.  The belt itself would never be used as a stand alone belt to hold up a pair of pants, let a lone to mount a holster to in any fashion.  Also, the buckle leaves me wanting.  It's just a simple push buckle and the plastic feels soft compared to my fastex buckles.  I'm not sure why they didn't use one of the modern buckes (i.e. Cobra, Raptor, Safariland type, etc.).  The plus side to the belt, is that it's quickly adjustable before or during wear with the pull of a tail on either side toward or away from the buckle.  Pretty cool design as most battle belts leave no access to the liner belt's adjustment point, which was a big concern for me due to varying uniform weights and layers.  Also, the Velcro surfaces on the inner belt and MOLLE sleeve keep the belt from riding up, sliding down, or rotating.  

I've been playing with separating the inner belt from the MOLLE belt, but leaving it connected is so much more secure and easier to get it lined up to center line.  To remedy the liner belt issues, I've ordered a Grey Ghost Paladin Belt http://www.greyghostgear.com/accessories/paladin-belt.  I'll report back at a later date.  

All in all, I think it's  pretty cool system for the cost, especially considering the name on the tag.  It's very comfortable, not bulky in any dimension (though not padded), tapers toward the front for maintaining mobility, has a minimal profile, maintains adjustability, and is very secure and stable due to the velcro faces on the inner belt and MOLLE sleeve.  It addresses the concerns I had about battle belts, and leaves just a couple, arguably, nit-picky issues.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 3:33:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Picked one up from Crye as my first battle belt.  A pro and a con: the inner pants belt can be left attached to the MOLLE sleeve, which makes for very consistent placement and a comfortable, secure fit. However, trying to feed the inner belt through belt loops with the weight of the sleeve pulling it back and down is a PITA.  Stripping the gun, mags, multi-tool, light, etc., off the belt makes the task easier, but still a bit clumsy with the remaining weight of the pouches and drop leg holster.  The second issue I've noticed is the thin weight of the liner belt in the MOLLE sleeve.  When attaching a drop leg to it through the holster cutout, there is noticeable sag and roll because the material is so thin.  The belt itself would never be used as a stand alone belt to hold up a pair of pants, let a lone to mount a holster to in any fashion.  Also, the buckle leaves me wanting.  It's just a simple push buckle and the plastic feels soft compared to my fastex buckles.  I'm not sure why they didn't use one of the modern buckes (i.e. Cobra, Raptor, Safariland type, etc.).  The plus side to the belt, is that it's quickly adjustable before or during wear with the pull of a tail on either side toward or away from the buckle.  Pretty cool design as most battle belts leave no access to the liner belt's adjustment point, which was a big concern for me due to varying uniform weights and layers.  Also, the Velcro surfaces on the inner belt and MOLLE sleeve keep the belt from riding up, sliding down, or rotating.  

I've been playing with separating the inner belt from the MOLLE belt, but leaving it connected is so much more secure and easier to get it lined up to center line.  To remedy the liner belt issues, I've ordered a Grey Ghost Paladin Belt http://www.greyghostgear.com/accessories/paladin-belt.  I'll report back at a later date.  

All in all, I think it's  pretty cool system for the cost, especially considering the name on the tag.  It's very comfortable, not bulky in any dimension (though not padded), tapers toward the front for maintaining mobility, has a minimal profile, maintains adjustability, and is very secure and stable due to the velcro faces on the inner belt and MOLLE sleeve.  It addresses the concerns I had about battle belts, and leaves just a couple, arguably, nit-picky issues.
View Quote

I agree with the belt comment. I'm running a ranger belt from ares. Just from the picture you can tell it's a crappy belt. They shouldn't really include on just to save us the 10-20 bucks.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 7:31:12 AM EDT
[#6]
With so many people wanting/liking different things about inner belts, I wonder if they did this on purpose to keep costs down because most people are going to put their preferred inner belt on there anyway. Just my $.02.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 5:11:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
With so many people wanting/liking different things about inner belts, I wonder if they did this on purpose to keep costs down because most people are going to put their preferred inner belt on there anyway. Just my $.02.
View Quote

Yea, well they did just do it to save costs. The inner belt is kind of okay, but the outer belt needs to be replaced. Hell, they belt that comes with it isnt even close to a riggers style. Mines just a Ares Ranger. Fits damn good! However, I wish i got a OSOE riggers belt with velcro as it has loops and ill just have a dedicated belt. The belt alone is worth the same as US grunt gear really. I like it. Theyll replace of fix it too I believe.

NOTE: Its not made in the US. If it is it doesnt say.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top