Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/20/2014 4:39:07 PM EDT
The only one I've tried is the Army's KDH SPCS. I like it but I want to explore my options.

My wish list:
-Low profile/not bulky. (weight is not an issue though.)
-Molle on the sides to mount things like canteens.
-Somewhat comfortable. (I understand nothing's perfect.)
-Long term durability.

Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks guys!
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 5:39:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Mayflower APC
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 6:01:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Banshee is nice
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 7:46:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Banshee is nice
View Quote

Tag has the banshee on sale as well for $129
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 10:51:29 PM EDT
[#4]
The Diamondback Tactical AW-FAPCR or the SKD PIG would be my recommendations.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 3:18:56 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Mayflower APC
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/21/2014 3:28:40 AM EDT
[#6]
I asked the same thing in a thread down below... You could have just posted there lol. I was reccomended the JPC from crye, and the mayflower low profile carrier
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 3:59:39 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I asked the same thing in a thread down below... You could have just posted there lol. I was reccomended the JPC from crye, and the mayflower low profile carrier
View Quote

You were recommended more than that
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 5:08:37 AM EDT
[#8]
Remember that most plates are ICW - in conjunction with - and require soft armor backers to be used to provide their full protection. Make sure whatever you get, you get soft armor with it.

I know TAG offers their products with the option for soft armor, so does LBT - distributors like SKD also sell soft armor separately.

That said, I like my Eagle plate carrier with cummerbund. Entrygear sells the new 500d lightweight version, I also have some used ones up for sale on the ee.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 8:41:21 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Haha yea bro I know. Your info helped a lot! I'll prolly go with the stt and skd and first spear.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 4:54:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Crye Airlite.  It owns.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 7:55:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Just picked up a Banshee the other day and I'm extremely impressed.  I would highly recommend t.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 8:08:16 PM EDT
[#12]
SKD PIG.  Very nice.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 8:17:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Velocity Systems LWPC.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 10:46:01 PM EDT
[#14]
First spear or LBT in my humble opinion.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 11:44:27 PM EDT
[#15]
I got to try a FS strandhogg this past week and it is freaking comfortable and fits your other criteria.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 12:46:19 AM EDT
[#16]
lbt 6094A or the slick
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 12:47:42 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Mayflower APC
View Quote

FPNI. The price point of the APC is unmatched in my opinion
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 2:39:01 AM EDT
[#18]
I've been really impressed with my FirstSpear/SKD STT
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 12:03:18 AM EDT
[#19]
After having a banshee on for a while, get something with padding and airflow built into the inside. You can always add shoulder pads.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 4:27:53 AM EDT
[#20]
Mayflower APC
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 10:16:02 AM EDT
[#21]
I have the Mayflower APC and the SKD PIG.  I am a LEO and have used them both for work.

The PIG is more expensive, bulkier, and much more comfortable.  Especially when worn for more than a couple of hours in the heat.  I have Lvl III/IV ICW plates and PIG IIIA soft armor backers with Velocity IIIA soft armor side panels.  I wear this setup at work for Rifle Training, raids, active shooter, and anything else I take a rifle to.  This is my go-to when all of my armor is in one carrier.

The APC is lower profile and cheaper.  There are no air channels and it retains heat.  I found the straps rubbed my neck if the plates were worn properly for a full 8 hour training day unless I wore a collared shirt.  I usually wear jeans and a t shirt to work.  My APC is being saved for whenever I go back to uniform patrol and am wearing soft armor under a uniform shirt.  Air channels won't help at all then anyway.  I will only have the hard plates then.

I only run three AR mags, IFAQ, and tourniquet on my PC.  Everything else is on a belt.  Try to keep everything as light as possble and don't try to fill up space because you can.  I also have my concealable armor in a TT LPAC for when I don't need/want the extra weigh of a full PC.  My rule of thumb is if I'm carrying a rifle (or someone else on the team is) then I need armor that stops the threat that we are bringing.

Rob
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top