[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Damn!
First glance, it looks like a barrel.
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 3:30:26 AM EDT
[#2]
I made this rig. I based it on the Haley Strategic D3 chest rig.

Link Posted: 10/13/2014 11:54:54 AM EDT
[#3]

From scratch?  How does it carry?  option for clipping to a PC and shoulder straps like the Haily rig?
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 1:39:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

From scratch?  How does it carry?  option for clipping to a PC and shoulder straps like the Haily rig?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

It can clip with the ITW Qasm buckle, Velcro, or shoulder straps. I'm making a plate carrier for it right now also.
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 1:58:14 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 2:15:37 AM EDT
[#6]
Purpose built AK rig, Both the IFAK and cargo pouch are tear away.
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 10:45:12 AM EDT
[#7]

I really want a rig with 5 Mag pouches with a NVG pouch on the right hand side, molle for IFAK on the left and a couple pistol mag pouches
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 11:00:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Bump
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 11:22:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Have you tried loading those mags and going prone?

View All Quotes

Link Posted: 11/18/2014 11:36:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 10:46:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Reviving a thread........

ESSTAC Iberian over SKD PIG

cp
Link Posted: 2/21/2015 1:56:51 PM EDT
[#12]

Link Posted: 2/21/2015 2:56:44 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 8:45:58 AM EDT
[#14]
UW gear 762 AK rig.

Link Posted: 3/21/2015 10:33:37 PM EDT
[#15]
Bump
Link Posted: 5/12/2015 1:00:47 PM EDT
[#16]

Link Posted: 5/26/2015 3:08:41 PM EDT
[#17]
Diamondback Tactical/Battle Lab rig. Discontinued but to me one of the best rigs designed. Sold for around $100.  Holds 4 AR mags, 2 pistol mags, flashlight/baton, 3 GP pouches, and a radio pouch.

Link Posted: 5/26/2015 3:44:26 PM EDT
[#18]

I like that alot.
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 4:27:57 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I like that alot.
View All Quotes

I like it too but it's not anywhere near $100 as far as I can find.
https://diamondbacktactical.com/get-the-gear/accessories/low-visibility-plate-rack/
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 8:11:07 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Diamondback Tactical/Battle Lab rig. Discontinued but to me one of the best rigs designed. Sold for around $100.  Holds 4 AR mags, 2 pistol mags, flashlight/baton, 3 GP pouches, and a radio pouch.

<a href="http://s74.photobucket.com/user/kimber_45/media/Mobile%20Uploads/902CF315-AD34-434F-B737-9A39093CEDF4.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i265/kimber_45/Mobile%20Uploads/902CF315-AD34-434F-B737-9A39093CEDF4.jpg</a>
View Quote

That thing is tits. I now have a new eBay Quest. There is one pretty similar on there right now for $99.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 9:29:22 AM EDT
[#21]

Sick - This one of your custom rigs?

Link Posted: 5/27/2015 7:28:32 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

No way. Apart from some minor modifications, and the TQ pouch, it's all from SKD.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 9:02:46 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
No way. Apart from some minor modifications, and the TQ pouch, it's all from SKD.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Care to detail what I can't figure out?  You know...for science and such.

I spy some Single rifle tacos

Looks like a double pistol pouch of some sort

Dump pouch there?

Hydration carrier of some sort.

Looks nice! I keep going back and forth on my plate carrier/chest rig deal.  Had a D3CR, swapped it for a plate carrier, now I'm thinking about going back.  I am thinking the most ideal solution for me would be some sort of slick carrier and a chest rig that could be worn over it.

Link Posted: 7/16/2015 1:37:33 AM EDT
[#24]
Tweaking my 5.56 recce rig a bit... pics to follow.... but in the mean time

Thanks to the 4th of July sale at SKD, and the fine folks at the Tactical Tailor Pro-Shop, I got myself a 7.62 Funk-Around Chest rig up and running.
There's no real tactical or SHTF reason behind this, I jsut wanted a 7.62 chest rig to have some fun with at the range and at beer-shoots, etc. with my M1A.

Base: Tactical Tailor fight light MAV 2-Piece
Pouches: Tactical Tailor Fight Light Universal 7.62 Pouches

Rocking an old Gen I MOLLE Woodland GP pouch acquired for free.99. It's gonna be holding misc shizz, and will fit a GPS and compass for hunting. Got a bottle opener in there too

HSGI Soft Taco for my Nalgene. I also tried some other things, and it will definitely accommodate a beer in a pinch
This also marks the first instance I've found to actually utilize the HSGI taco line for anything. They're a little too sexy, form over function for my usual needs. But since this is pretty much a fun-rig..

Link Posted: 7/25/2015 2:02:07 PM EDT
[#25]
My first chest rig

Link Posted: 8/20/2015 11:31:00 AM EDT
[#26]
Eidted to Add Page 4 Ownage!

My favorite Chest rig to date. Can be loaded up or down very easily, or Ammo change by swapping back panels.
ESSTAC LBB

cp
Link Posted: 8/20/2015 1:51:00 PM EDT
[#27]
Picked up a UW Gear Minuteman, I love the way the flaps secure. Stays nice and close to the body, I'm really liking this thing.

Link Posted: 8/20/2015 4:41:16 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 8/20/2015 8:17:30 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Wow. That's one of my older ones. If you need a longer lumbar strap for it, let me know.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Picked up a UW Gear Minuteman, I love the way the flaps secure. Stays nice and close to the body, I'm really liking this thing.

<a href="http://s186.photobucket.com/user/biffjr99/media/AKs/IMG_3212_zpsd6bkfdrq.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x66/biffjr99/AKs/IMG_3212_zpsd6bkfdrq.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s186.photobucket.com/user/biffjr99/media/AKs/IMG_3213_zpscdaaidds.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x66/biffjr99/AKs/IMG_3213_zpscdaaidds.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s186.photobucket.com/user/biffjr99/media/AKs/IMG_3214_zps16q0mzlt.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x66/biffjr99/AKs/IMG_3214_zps16q0mzlt.jpg</a>  

Wow. That's one of my older ones. If you need a longer lumbar strap for it, let me know.
I lucked out and found it for a great deal, it's my favorite chest rig, and now I'm a huge fan of A-TACS FG. Hawkeye you make some of the best stuff I've ever seen, appreciate the offer but it fits perfect. Love the bandoleer too.

Link Posted: 8/20/2015 10:35:14 PM EDT
[#30]
Love the ATACS FG!  Can't understand why it never took off.  To me it seems to be a little better of a "one size fits all" compared to MC.
Link Posted: 8/21/2015 8:18:04 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 8/21/2015 8:29:08 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 8/21/2015 9:22:16 AM EDT
[#33]
Strike hard gears AK rig.

Link Posted: 8/21/2015 10:54:03 AM EDT
[#34]

You Win.........

cp
Link Posted: 8/21/2015 3:05:52 PM EDT
[#35]

Strike HARD is right.
Link Posted: 8/21/2015 4:02:52 PM EDT
[#36]
Something I tossed together with surplus gear from work for a rifle class.

iPotato strikes again.

Link Posted: 8/21/2015 5:41:58 PM EDT
[#37]

wow
Link Posted: 8/21/2015 5:48:08 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Love the ATACS FG!  Can't understand why it never took off.  To me it seems to be a little better of a "one size fits all" compared to MC.
View Quote

I like ATACS aesthetically, but there's no point denying that both patterns blend into one solid color at any appreciable distance, thereby negating the point of camouflage in the first place. Also, most of the garments available in ATACS were poly/cotton, which sucks hard when it's any bit warm out.
Link Posted: 8/21/2015 6:53:48 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I like ATACS aesthetically, but there's no point denying that both patterns blend into one solid color at any appreciable distance, thereby negating the point of camouflage in the first place. Also, most of the garments available in ATACS were poly/cotton, which sucks hard when it's any bit warm out.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've never thought about that, but now that you mention it.... hmmmm.
Link Posted: 8/21/2015 8:36:20 PM EDT
[#40]
I was really interested in ATACS, but I just stuck with Multicam since it's a proven performer (and I might be addicted ). I have some "accent" pieces- slings, namely, that integrate well, on a small scale at least, with MC.
Link Posted: 8/22/2015 8:22:40 PM EDT
[#41]
" />
Mayflower UW Gen IV in Coyote, I havnt had a chance to run and gun with it yet but I love this thing so far.
Link Posted: 8/23/2015 3:37:41 AM EDT
[#42]

Link Posted: 8/24/2015 3:43:10 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

It works really well in the areas it works in....which is a true woodland environment. It's not as "versatile" as multicam though, at least not in my testing.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It works really well in the areas it works in....which is a true woodland environment. It's not as "versatile" as multicam though, at least not in my testing.

The main reason, IMO, is that they never made the NYCO clothing for it.  The 65%poly 35% cotton in nobodies favorite fabric. It's loud, it's uncomfortable. It also should not have been marketed as strictly a forest camo, it works great in grassland and other tan dominate environments.
Link Posted: 8/24/2015 4:03:40 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 6:27:25 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Agree completely on the fabric. Just having the poly/cotton material for clothing is part of what kept it from taking off I believe. Tru-Spec is now doing their TRU's in nyco, but it may be too late to get it to take off.
As for effectiveness, I think the ATACS AU works a lot better in grassy/similar environments than the FG does. In fact, AU works pretty well in woodland area's that have a decent amount of sunlight coming through the canopy. For woodland area's with a heavy canopy though, I think FG works better.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The main reason, IMO, is that they never made the NYCO clothing for it.  The 65%poly 35% cotton in nobodies favorite fabric. It's loud, it's uncomfortable. It also should not have been marketed as strictly a forest camo, it works great in grassland and other tan dominate environments.

Agree completely on the fabric. Just having the poly/cotton material for clothing is part of what kept it from taking off I believe. Tru-Spec is now doing their TRU's in nyco, but it may be too late to get it to take off.
As for effectiveness, I think the ATACS AU works a lot better in grassy/similar environments than the FG does. In fact, AU works pretty well in woodland area's that have a decent amount of sunlight coming through the canopy. For woodland area's with a heavy canopy though, I think FG works better.

I took a look out my 7th floor window at work, and I swear someone painted ATACS FG in the grass. It's all tan and green.

I just wish I could find enough ATACS gear for it to be worth trying to setup a full kit.
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 8:58:04 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 9:33:03 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

<a href="http://s74.photobucket.com/user/kimber_45/media/Mobile%20Uploads/902CF315-AD34-434F-B737-9A39093CEDF4.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i265/kimber_45/Mobile%20Uploads/902CF315-AD34-434F-B737-9A39093CEDF4.jpg</a>
View Quote

I have that same rig but it is tagged from Blackhawk before BattleLab picked it up. I got it on clearance in '06 from Blackhawk for like $40.00. Still my favorite rig of all the ones I've tried. It's got everything I need and it's hard to over-pack it with extra crap. Doesn't hold PMAGs though so I run standard USGI mags with Ranger plates.
Link Posted: 9/9/2015 11:43:10 PM EDT
[#48]
First chest rig.  I had a bunch of pouches, so I picked up the first spear panel.  

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top