Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/11/2014 5:08:57 AM EDT
After using my Blackhawk STOMP II Medical Pack for the past 14 years I have "finally" decided that I can no longer lug the weight around after a few field missions in Afghanistan.
Now I am looking for something slim and low profile; something like the new US Army Improved MOLLE Medical Set (IMMS).
I couldn't find anyone selling this and the closest I could find was from BDS Tactical CTAB or the NAR-4.
Does anyone have experience with slim/low profile medical packs, and if you do, which would you recommend?

Thanks in advance, waiting at KAIA for my flight to Dubai then to DC for two weeks of leave!
Link Posted: 7/11/2014 5:24:52 AM EDT
[#1]
What about something like this
Link Posted: 7/11/2014 6:59:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Also the TSSI M-9

Link Posted: 7/11/2014 7:03:45 AM EDT
[#3]
I have SOTECH's Sliver medical pack; a good alternative to the M9. Perfect when the STOMP II/ LBT-1562B is too big.

Link
Link Posted: 7/11/2014 7:57:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What about something like this
View Quote

BDS also makes a non-med pack which is similar/slimmer:  lacks the side pouches.
Link Posted: 7/11/2014 7:57:50 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Also the TSSI M-9

View Quote

Pretty much the standard...as long as you're not the one footing the bill.
Link Posted: 7/11/2014 7:58:38 AM EDT
[#6]
Might take a look at Tyr and the ATS Cobra.
Link Posted: 7/11/2014 8:19:58 AM EDT
[#7]
My brother snagged one of the medical packs from London Bridge Trading during one of their sales. Nice kit. Well planned out.
Link Posted: 7/11/2014 8:24:40 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
My brother snagged one of the medical packs from London Bridge Trading during one of their sales. Nice kit. Well planned out.
View Quote

As did I...that thing is phenomenal.  One might say $700 (original price IIRC) for that but then you look inside and see that there's more labor inside the pack than the pack itself.

Instead I said $80 for that!?!
Link Posted: 7/11/2014 10:37:49 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 7/11/2014 11:32:11 AM EDT
[#10]

That.

I added a pouch on the side PALS webbing for a smoke grenade, and a pouch on the back for easy access to extra TQs. Then I took the shoulder straps off and put buckles on it, and on my IOTV so it just clipped into my gear. I also put some 550 near the top so I could hang it up off the ground and have it be visible when I would put it in with other gear. It had a dedicated location so I could say "Go grab my aid bag" if there was an injury not on a patrol and everyone would know where it was.

I kinda wish I was able to keep that bag.
Link Posted: 7/11/2014 12:37:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Condor (I know).. makes an insert that does a pretty damn good job. Probably won't fly if you are a medic, but it will fit in a standard assault pack.

http://www.amazon.com/Condor-Outdoor-VA7-Pack-Insert/dp/B009PGK44M

Link Posted: 7/13/2014 6:56:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Thanks for all the replies, really wanted to go with the BDS packs but they won't get to me in time before I ship out again.
Will call TSSI and see if they have any in stock, but good to know that I was on the right track.
Link Posted: 7/13/2014 7:24:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 7/13/2014 9:58:09 PM EDT
[#14]
I've got the M9s.  They work great.  

Something else to look at would be this from Chinook.

http://www.chinookmed.com/cgi-bin/item/01325/MT-CON/-Medical-Operator-Pack-(TMK-MO)-----------------
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 12:28:07 AM EDT
[#15]
I've seen Blue Force Gear DAP packs made into really cool aid bags.  If you can find one, it may be relevant to your interests.  I have two, a Vulcan and an Overlord, and love them both.  Please note that I've not used the bags in a medical capacity, though.

Unrelated:  I spent nine months based out of N. KAIA fairly recently; just got back last May.  Is the Thai place still there?  Is it true that R&R flights are now via commercial aircraft out of there instead of via .mil air out to Kuwait and then on to CONUS?
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 12:53:36 AM EDT
[#16]
We had a medic that used one of the new style CLS bags (no clue who makes 'em) with 2 of the issued but packs strapped underneath with IV kits.   He kept a lot of gear in pouches on the front of his chest too though (I know he had 2 pouches that each had 4-6 TQ's in them, and if I remember right he had 2 more with additional bleeder stuff.)  It worked for him, but he was the only medic out of 6 in the company who did it.  Everyone else had the TSSI M-9 or an ATS Cobra.
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 6:52:50 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I've got the M9s.  They work great.  

Something else to look at would be this from Chinook.

http://www.chinookmed.com/cgi-bin/item/01325/MT-CON/-Medical-Operator-Pack-(TMK-MO)-----------------
View Quote

I really like that layout, that's awesome.
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 8:13:28 AM EDT
[#18]
I also have an M9 bag,  the square USGI issue one, and the LBT med bag. I really like the m9. Just need to find a class to learn how to use all the stuff
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top