Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/30/2014 5:01:08 AM EDT
The time has come to procure one of these newfangled "war belts". I don't like bulk, weight, or useless capabilities; this means that I'm looking heavily at the Crye Precision Modular Riggers Belt in Coyote Brown. All I want to mount is 2x Esstac Single M4 KYWIs, 2x Esstac Single Pistol KYWIs, a holster, and a HSGI Blowout.

1. My concern, from looking at the belt and guestimating, is that the last useable 2 row column of MOLLE on each end doesn't wrap far enough around the waist to the front to allow for 2 pistol mags & 2 M4 mags on my weak side to remain at or in front of the 3/9 line. I think a fix for this would be just to buy a large even though I'm a medium and "choke it up" further on my belt (Ares Gear Ranger Enhanced) but I'm not sure if the MOLLE section itself is actually long enough.

So, owners of this belt, if you have a large or a medium, how long are the 2 row columns of MOLLE (excluding the last single web on each end)?

2. I am concerned that the sides of the belt don't have enough MOLLE slots to attach 2x single slot pistol mags and 2x double slot M4 mags (total of 6 double row slots). It would appear the belt only has 5 2 row columns of slots and 1 single row web at the end. Not enough. I think buying a large fixes this, but again, not sure.

So, owners of this belt, if you have a large or a medium, how many 2 row columns of MOLLE are there on the sides of your belt?

3. Being a non-padded belt, I assume this is potentially less comfortable than my runner up choice, the HSGI Sure Grip. It does, however, appear to have a better system for staying in place.

So, owners of this belt, how comfortable is it? Obviously, I intend to hang as little as possible from it and keep it as light as possible. It looks comfortable but there aren't many user reviews out there so it's hard to get a good feel for it.

Owners of this belt, are there any other things about this belt I should know? It looks like the perfect answer - a lightweight belt that could potentially carry everything I need without adding anything I don't need - but I don't like to buy something I don't have a good feel for. I'm hoping you other owners out there could shed some light on this!

Thanks!

(also, pictures are always welcomed and appreciated!)
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 7:09:33 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm in the same boat, looking at the same two products. Interested in the feedback.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 5:23:36 PM EDT
[#2]
I  have a Crye MRB in multicam

1) No, the last single rows of molle aren't really good for anything. I have the exact same  Ares Ranger belt in Ranger green, and it threads through just fine. However, it would be nice if I had velcro on the inner portion of it as 3 inch section of velcro is on the molle sleeve. I have a large and there is 6 columns of double row pals on the sides and 7 on the back! That means 1 more column of pals is added to the back.

2) Well the 2 pistols take up 2 columns of molle.  The double m4 takes up 4 taking up 6 in total. NOTE:  The size shown on cryes website is a small!!!

3) Actually I would say its more comfortable if the load is light. Your load might be pushing it if not close to mine. Its a much superior mounting system in my opinion due to velcro around the whole damn thing. Just dont run the kitchen sink on the thing. Battle belts weren't really used for that unless you wanna go back to the alice belt with suspenders, which is just silly. I can jump, squat, and other movements just fine, if not better I think than a HSGI belt. Ive never owned one, but this works for me. Kills 2 birds with one stone. I dont want 2 separate belts. One for my pants and the other for the belt. Just velcro it on and buckle.

My set up on the belt: 2 pistol tacos and 1 rifle taco on my 9 o'clock. I have a a BFG helium whisper dump pouch and SO Tech flat ifak at my back that takes all the PALS, and then a gcode holster for my m&p. Im gonna add a a pistol mag pouch on the right for 1 hand stuff.

My philosophy: Something I can survive with to fight another day. IF I had to ditch a chest rig or plate carrier, I still have something to shoot and patch holes with. Along with finding spare mags, food, water, or whatever dictates for the dump pouch.

I do think that Crye could atleast clean up the threads a bit. I went over the whole thing with a lighter to shrink the threads and not let them fray. Its built good, but I could tell they must have alot of orders or their clean up isnt as good. Also, I might add BFG low profile suspenders or some sort of attachment method as in order to quickly thread my inner belt belt out , I have to overlap the inner belt loops that would hold the outer belt and sheathe if the velcro failed. So, I might ziptie or dring those inner loops somehow to the outer sleeve just for safety. This is a first line kit afterall
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top