Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/22/2014 2:34:56 PM EDT
Have the carriers and all the AR mag pouches I need.  For the AK all I can find are M14 pouches that say they can be used for the Ak or AR pouches that say they can be used for both.

What recommendations are out there for AK only Molle mag pouches.  Not really concerned on what camo pattern they are.  More concerned about function.
Link Posted: 6/23/2014 8:33:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Taco is still the right answer
Link Posted: 6/23/2014 1:57:28 PM EDT
[#4]
this has been my fav for AK gear....well build, made in the USA, fast service. i went this route mainly because i like bungee retainers, not velcro flaps.

strike hard gear
Link Posted: 6/23/2014 2:06:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Nice info in the replies.  Much appreciated.
Link Posted: 6/23/2014 2:11:49 PM EDT
[#6]
If I only had to choose one pouch and run it in adverse conditions, I'd probably go with the Combatkit AK pouch with a Swedish Hook:

http://www.combatkit.net/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=293&category_id=28&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=261

Haven't run the pouches personally, but I like the idea and I can see the usefulness of the hook-and-elastic method. The Finnish Savotta AK double with a "spanish fly" clip (like with German and British kit), or a regular Fastex buckle pouch (like the TT above) would be the 2nd option; I dislike velcro. For opens, TACOs or the Combatkit shingles (which have wider pull tabs).
Link Posted: 6/24/2014 1:19:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/24/2014 5:58:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Ok......I know where this is going to go, but what is a taco?...............
Link Posted: 6/25/2014 6:02:10 AM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Ok......I know where this is going to go, but what is a taco?...............
View Quote

High Speed Gear Inc aka HSGI sells a universal mag pouch that can expand or constrict to fit a wide array of magazine types.

THey makre rifle and pistol and double decker
click me, damnit
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 8:40:30 AM EDT
[#11]
Went with the HSG TACO from SKD.  Just got them in today and have to say they are really nice.  I also ordered some for the M14 as well and I think i like those even better.  Nice stuff.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 9:41:46 AM EDT
[#12]
Another vote for the HSGI Tacos. They work very well.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top