Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/24/2014 6:46:56 PM EDT
I have been thinking of getting a Plate Carrier and some armor, but I can't seem to find what I am looking for.  

What I want is a slick, ultra low profile PC that will hold the XL 11x14 steel plates, but all of the simple PC's I find are for the smaller plates, and even most of them have huge buckles and pads and such.  

My theory behind this is simple.  
I am not an operator, and don't need the wear all day comfort provided by the smaller, lighter offerings like ceramic etc.  I also want minimum bulk for the size.  This might get worn to a carbine class if required, but otherwise it is going to be Just in case only.
I am a bigger guy and I do want the extra couple of inches of coverage.  
My foreseeable usage is getting home and protecting the family during domestic unrest or rioting, so a peripheral hit would be just as disastrous as a COM hit.  since I am not likely to have a team ready to take me to a hospital right away.  
I am willing to sacrifice some comfort for the extra protection.
I want low profile, so something as lightweight as a bdu/flannel/sweat shirt worn over top would make just look a little fatter, but not "shoot me first" dangerous.  
I don't need any attachment molle or Velcro because I still run ALICE/FLC gear to carry mags etc if I need them.

So, what are my options?
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 8:54:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 9:35:14 AM EDT
[#3]
BCS LO PRO PC

I have been eyeballing one of these.

I have a Mayflower APC with XL plates but I think I may get one of these carriers to run my plates under a hoodie sweatshirt while hiking as not to alarm the sheeple.

And it's cheap enough I can justify it
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 2:00:09 PM EDT
[#4]
As a secondary question, what is the hive's opinion of the lowest profile color?  Personally, I am leaning toward grey on the theory grey should be close to sweatshirt color  or ranger/OD green?
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 3:52:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Ranger green, coyote, or tan would be my choice. Besides if buying a slick a cover shirt could be used. You can also pay big money KB eBay for LBTs mass grey gear
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top