Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/22/2014 5:19:04 PM EDT
What, if anything, are you guys using to be able to throw all your gear in?  I am just thinking about a loadout bag of some sort, in the case that you need to throw a bunch of stuff in and gtfo.  I am thinking about a bag that has extra clothes, chest rigs, PC's, belts, ammo, mags, hell, everything, that you might need to throw in and run.  

I see guys like LBT's loadouts, that cost a small fortune.  Any other thoughts?  Thanks for the ideas.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 5:47:04 PM EDT
[#1]
LBT has been having frequent sales at ridiculously low prices.

If you don't have an immediate need, I'd watch for their next sale.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 5:49:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
LBT has been having frequent sales at ridiculously low prices.

If you don't have an immediate need, I'd watch for their next sale.
View Quote

This. I'd bet that LBT will have a Memorial Day sale. The medium loadout bags usually go for ~$90, which is an excellent deal. If you can, wait for a sale.

ETA: I have three of the LBT loadout bags, and I also have a SOC loadout bag. Difference in quality is night an day.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 5:55:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks guys!  I have no "gotta have it right now" kind of need.  I saw that thtey had that sale, and wanted to throw up a little.  

That said, is the Medium pretty big?
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 6:05:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 6:50:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Have mine out, snapped a pic for reference

I think it's a really good size, not too enormous but still PLENTY of room for a lot of stuff.

Link Posted: 4/22/2014 7:46:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Could you throw a PC, and other gear in there?  Or better off with the large?
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 6:26:52 AM EDT
[#7]
I'm waiting for an LBT sale but I use an aviator's kit bag right now
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 8:40:33 AM EDT
[#8]
For those with a medium LBT bag, have you successfully air-traveled with it without eating oversized luggage fees? I know the dimensions are a hair under the average size requirement, but we all know that in the end, it's up to the kiosk person's discretion. Hopefully someday LBT will have their 2466E on sale...
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 9:13:48 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
For those with a medium LBT bag, have you successfully air-traveled with it without eating oversized luggage fees? I know the dimensions are a hair under the average size requirement, but we all know that in the end, it's up to the kiosk person's discretion. Hopefully someday LBT will have their 2466E on sale...
View Quote

Loadout bags are what you want but for additional air travel luggage....you need these guys.  Words cant describe how nice their stuff is and USA made.

Red Oxx
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 9:55:07 AM EDT
[#10]
USGI sea bag for me aka duffle bag.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 11:03:38 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Loadout bags are what you want but for additional air travel luggage....you need these guys.  Words cant describe how nice their stuff is and USA made.

Red Oxx
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Red Oxx

Oh yeah, I've looked at Red Oxx's line and am very impressed, but I'm looking for a wheeled bag. I already have tons of duffle-style bags in my closet! I love Briggs & Riley stuff as well, but the price point is kinda up there. There really is nothing on the market that you can snag for <$100 that's American made and built as well as LBT's bag is when it's on sale (yeah, I'm a cheap bastard ).
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 11:49:29 AM EDT
[#12]
Blackhawk deployment bag
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 1:11:29 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Could you throw a PC, and other gear in there?  Or better off with the large?
View Quote

With PC I'd go with the medium. The large is obnoxiously big.

Link Posted: 4/23/2014 1:13:00 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

I've flown with them and have never had an issue. Some of the rolling suitcases are more obnoxious than the medium LBT bags.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 1:29:20 PM EDT
[#15]
What size/recommendations would you guys suggest for a plate carrier w/ warbelt and 3 days worth of clothes? I need some idea for a 3 day carbine class. Wanna try to limit the amount of bags brought.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 1:42:40 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I've flown with them and have never had an issue. Some of the rolling suitcases are more obnoxious than the medium LBT bags.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Thanks for the heads up. Now just need to wait for LBT to do something on Memorial Day.

Quoted:
What size/recommendations would you guys suggest for a plate carrier w/ warbelt and 3 days worth of clothes? I need some idea for a 3 day carbine class. Wanna try to limit the amount of bags brought.

Based on the pic Scoonie posted, and based on my ridiculously large LBT rolling bag, I would say you should be fine with the Medium. You'll probably won't be packing more than an extra pair of pants (besides the one you're wearing) and probably two or three shirts, so clothing shouldn't take up much room. Plus, if you're flying to carbine classes, I guarantee you'll be raped with an oversized luggage fee if you checked-in a Large.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 6:25:57 PM EDT
[#17]
For a cheaper option I use a Aviator's kit bag. I got from less than $20 shipped off ebay.

It'll fit my vest, duty belt, boots, and an extra uniform. I use it on my off days to store and when working to get it all to work and change.

Here's one for $20 - http://www.ebay.com/itm/MILITARY-SURPLUS-AVIATOR-KIT-FLYERS-PILOT-PARACHUTE-STORAGE-BAG-DUFFLE-CARRY-/321304224063?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4acf39613f

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top