Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/10/2014 7:56:14 PM EDT
I'm in need of 6-20' of 1" solid black 4088 webbing and can not find it ANY where online.  Jontay has it but they only sell in 100 yard rolls.  I just need not even 6' but 20' would be nice in case I mess up the first 6'
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 9:24:16 PM EDT
[#1]
What Type 4088?

http://www.tnwebbing.com/military.html

I have something similar to the 4088 Type 17 I picked up local.

Most modern field equipment specs 43668/AA-55301 or 17337 now.

Link Posted: 4/10/2014 9:59:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What Type 4088?

View Quote

Type 17 4088 would be great, do you have any extra in 1" black?

This is going to be for a MOLLE attaching sling I'm making for myself.
Link Posted: 4/11/2014 8:30:49 AM EDT
[#3]
They have tan and OD only.............

http://www.strapworks.com/Mil_Spec_Nylon_Webbing_p/msw1.htm
Link Posted: 4/11/2014 9:57:16 AM EDT
[#4]
I appreciate the help but the thread clearly states I need 1" solid black...
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 10:24:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
What Type 4088?

View Quote

Sent you an email, your IM box is full.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 8:10:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Throwing this out there again, DIY tactical forums are down so I can't get a membership & try to find it there.

Anyone want to split a 100 yard roll?
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 10:44:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Throwing this out there again, DIY tactical forums are down so I can't get a membership & try to find it there.

Anyone want to split a 100 yard roll?
View Quote

Good luck with your search,I know it can be frustrating trying to locate raw materials. That said,I wouldn't bother asking for leads on DIY. Since they have an online store they frown on folks asking for a product that may be carried by a "competitor".
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 6:34:28 AM EDT
[#8]
Yeah DIY is frustrating as they won't tell you anything for the most part unless you sign up for their memebership, which I was finally going to do just so I can try to get the raw materials that I need but the forum is currently down.

So you're saying they sell the raw materials in their store?  Ill have to look around a bit. I'd be happy to buy some through the store, just never saw it.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 7:37:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 7:41:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Yeah DIY is frustrating as they won't tell you anything for the most part unless you sign up for their memebership, which I was finally going to do just so I can try to get the raw materials that I need but the forum is currently down.

So you're saying they sell the raw materials in their store?  Ill have to look around a bit. I'd be happy to buy some through the store, just never saw it.
View Quote

That is the catch-they have an online store with little to no inventory.  The forum is great though.

How stuck are you on the 4088?
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 7:44:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Any of this useful?

Paragear.com webbing
View Quote

Looks like they have it-

http://www.paragear.com/productdetails.aspx?id=10000044&itemno=W9970
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 7:46:25 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
That is the catch-they have an online store with little to no inventory.  The forum is great though.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, I could probably fix him up with some 17337, that's what I use for molle webbing. I see you're in KS?

Link Posted: 4/27/2014 10:04:10 AM EDT
[#13]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Any of this useful?

Paragear.com webbing

Looks like they have it-

http://www.paragear.com/productdetails.aspx?id=10000044&itemno=W9970

Nice I didn't see that company/website.  I will give them a call tomorrow.  Even though they want $2.25 per yard I realize paying a premium for short runs but I've always seen webbing offered for .20-.30 per yard (I think?)  Luckily I don't need but a couple of yards at max - and that's giving me extra in case I goof up.

Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, I could probably fix him up with some 17337, that's what I use for molle webbing. I see you're in KS?  

Since this is for a sling I think I want it to be stronger than normal molle webbing, 17337.  So I'm not stuck on 4088, but would like something similar in tensile strength & durability if I decide on another type of webbing.  

I'm going to give that Paragear a call tomorrow, hopefully they have the 1" solid black in stock.

Thanks guys.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top