Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/10/2014 2:25:21 PM EDT
Does anyone have experience with the Extreme Gear Labs "HAMR" pouch? It's an AR mag pouch that also holds a BOK and Tq, I'm just not sure how comprehensive a kit it carries as I aven't found pictures or reviews of it anywhere on-line other than their website but I know they primarily do specialty stuff.

I'm interested because I have the Raven subload moduloader and would like to have an IFAK/BOK of some sort on it without losing the ability to carry 2 AR magazines and this caught my eye. The other option is the HSGI Bleeder and the X2R/P Taco but that seemed like a lot of weight on 2 arms of the moduloader and a bit bulky.

You can see the pouch a ways down on this page (sorry for the cold link, I'm on a tablet):   http://www.extremegearlabs.com/accessories.html

Any help or other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 2:34:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 3:20:36 PM EDT
[#2]
The HAMR (HoldAMedkitandReload) was an outgrowth of the 1st gen DARK pouch that EGL designed.  It is meant to carry the DARK kit or similar form factor unit.  It is sewn onto a magazine speedload pouch so as to not impact a users magazine count.

what is is not meant to do in its current form factor is carry supplies at full volume.... by trying to save space and real estate with a combination pouch such as this, a user is really counting cube displacement

I will be the first to tell you that it is a specialized piece of kit and designwiise will go counter with some folks' idea of loading.  But bear in mind, this kit is meant solely as a BEUO (By Exception USE Only)

Insert kit, seal and do not deploy until needed or to check expirations

it is attached via 2 x LONG malice clips and is 3" wide so it should fit your loader from a physical perspective... its size though may or may not impact your utility
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 5:41:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the quick reply eggroll, I was hoping to catch you.

So as I understand it the pouch will hold the current gen 3 DARK or similar sized kit so long as it's vacuum sealed? If so that will actually be better than I expected. I'm fine with keeping it sealed and have made my own using a foodsaver.
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 6:35:51 PM EDT
[#4]
I have one of these. Like it a lot. http://www.skdtac.com/Marz-Combat-Med-Pouch-p/mzt.110.htm
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 10:19:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have one of these. Like it a lot. http://www.skdtac.com/Marz-Combat-Med-Pouch-p/mzt.110.htm
View Quote

I like that pouch, it's just too wide for my uses as the sub load is only 5 rows wide. Do you use it on your PC?
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 11:50:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

I bought one of these as well. Holds 3 30rd GI mags very deep in the pouch, as in I don't even have the bungees snug on them right now. The med pouch front section is just enough to hold a gauze and quick clot, tourniquet and a couple band-aids. It looks larger than it feels, if that makes any sense. The only thing I would have liked to see added about be a one-handed rip-open method to get at the medical supplies, but the zippers are not difficult to use.
Link Posted: 4/11/2014 5:13:02 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I like that pouch, it's just too wide for my uses as the sub load is only 5 rows wide. Do you use it on your PC?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

AO Small panel chest rig.
Link Posted: 4/12/2014 2:30:46 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I bought one of these as well. Holds 3 30rd GI mags very deep in the pouch, as in I don't even have the bungees snug on them right now. The med pouch front section is just enough to hold a gauze and quick clot, tourniquet and a couple band-aids. It looks larger than it feels, if that makes any sense. The only thing I would have liked to see added about be a one-handed rip-open method to get at the medical supplies, but the zippers are not difficult to use.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The marz pouch does have a quick pull tab- it's a grey tab sewn inside the part of the pouch that opens up. It holds more than that- I have my chest needle and NPAs in the small elastic loops, 2 x Tac med 6" trauma dressings and a soft t wide in the larger elastic loops. I have my quick clot, chest seal, flat pack gauze, swat t , Celox applicator, and a couple other things  in the rear internal mesh pocket
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 7:22:05 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 7:29:32 AM EDT
[#10]
Anybody have experience with the X2R-P Taco?

This is my second option to get the setup I want in conjunction with the Bleeder/blowout pouch. I was just worried about putting too much weight on the arms of the moduloader or it being overly bulky.
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 5:54:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

The marz pouch does have a quick pull tab- it's a grey tab sewn inside the part of the pouch that opens up. It holds more than that- I have my chest needle and NPAs in the small elastic loops, 2 x Tac med 6" trauma dressings and a soft t wide in the larger elastic loops. I have my quick clot, chest seal, flat pack gauze, swat t , Celox applicator, and a couple other things  in the rear internal mesh pocket
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mine must be an older model, as it does not have the tab.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 3:21:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 2:37:24 PM EDT
[#13]
You sure there is no grey webbing tab sewn inside the flap at what would be the  top edge (middle) when the flap is  closed. They always came with the quick pull tab- I have one of the original ones. If yours doesn't , did you buy it second hand and it was cut off by the original owner?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top