Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/1/2014 5:23:10 AM EDT
So a buddy asked me the other day what two (2) pieces of kit I liked the most and what I would buy again if I had to (non firearm)....

1)  LBT 1476 three day pack.

2) LBT 1961G split front chest rig.

I am a HUGE fan of Mayflower gear and I own a Mayflower Gen V split front chest rig BUT my LBT seems to just be put in my bag a lot more and gets more use.  My LBT 3 day pack goes everywhere with me...front carrying books to my computer to going with me on hikes, its just a great, rugged pack that I can rely on.

MY close 3rd and 4th chosen gear (yes I am cheating) is my Bawaidamann POGN Skelly knife and my USMC surplus bivy bag....great pieces of gear.

Lets hear from the Board.

Cheers.
Link Posted: 4/1/2014 7:18:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Probably my Extreme Gear Labs VOCR chest rig and my Tactical Tailor Urban Operator pack (both in Ranger Green)
Link Posted: 4/1/2014 7:25:57 AM EDT
[#2]
Poncho Liner.

Broken-in boots.
Link Posted: 4/1/2014 7:28:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Poncho Liner.

Broken-in boots.
View Quote

Nailed it.
Link Posted: 4/1/2014 10:29:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Poncho Liner.

Broken-in boots.
View Quote

Hell, broken in poncho liner. The brand new ones take about 2 months to get the right feel and softness to them.
Link Posted: 4/1/2014 10:53:13 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Poncho Liner.

Broken-in boots.
View Quote
Hell yeah.

ETA: And 550 cord.

Link Posted: 4/1/2014 11:57:55 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Poncho Liner.

Broken-in boots.
View Quote

+1
Link Posted: 4/1/2014 2:05:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Poncho Liner.

Broken-in boots.
View Quote

The best 2 things one can have +1
Link Posted: 4/1/2014 3:05:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Izula 2 and my Columbia Jacket for everyday stuff, monkey stomper mag pouch and banshee combo for shooting gear.
Link Posted: 4/1/2014 4:33:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Blue Force Gear PLATEMinus v.1

OTB Bootistans. Comfiest boots I've ever worn after removing the lowest pair of eyelets.
Link Posted: 4/1/2014 6:31:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Synthetic Jockey shorts and Darn Tough wool socks- gotta start with the basics I wear every day.

Assuming those bases are covered;  Ill go my Kershaw pocket folder and a good hat like my Tilley.   I never go anywhere without a knife or hat like those 2.
Link Posted: 4/1/2014 6:33:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Stream light sidewinder 2 headlamp

Benchmade griptilian
Link Posted: 4/2/2014 9:28:14 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Poncho Liner.

Broken-in boots.
View Quote

/ thread
Link Posted: 4/2/2014 9:31:29 AM EDT
[#13]
Well if I had to pick two I'd probably go with my Crye G3 pants and my PVS-14
Link Posted: 4/2/2014 10:43:30 AM EDT
[#14]
Don't forget shit tickets!  In all seriousness my broke in Danner's and green Superfeet insoles.
Link Posted: 4/3/2014 5:08:28 AM EDT
[#15]
Goretex jacket and good boots
Link Posted: 4/3/2014 8:44:14 AM EDT
[#16]
woobie and waffle top (wearing waffle top right now in fact)
Link Posted: 4/3/2014 9:05:55 AM EDT
[#17]
Woobie and a P-38.
Link Posted: 4/3/2014 2:00:41 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 2:00:26 AM EDT
[#19]
1. Leatherman Wave

2. Surefire flashlight

...I'm just a boring civvie with a desk job, but these get daily use around town so I call it counts. The rest of my gear only ever come sout at the range or sits in a closet for <insert apocalyptic scenario of choice here>.
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 5:24:50 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
My old Alice Pack, modded by Tactical Tailor. Everyone cringes, but that is still my field pack. Guys love their mystery ranch stuff, but for long humps I still rely on old faithful...
View Quote

Brother, if I could pick three, that's number three.  That bitch has been dragged under a HMMWV, dragged behind a HMMWV, MRAP, MV850, RAZR, kicked off cliffs and out of countless helicopters, dropped in a lake, the Pacific, the Indian and it's still swingin an axe.  

We just did 9 miles this morning and a few of my students asked me "why do you still use that old thing?"

A little part of my soul died.  Those little fuckers don't understand the worth of knowing yourself and your equipment yet.

And they're probably not going to understand that unspoken connection to a scrap of faded parachute cloth or patched nylon.  Not until they've really done some real work anyway.
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 5:37:00 AM EDT
[#21]
<<<-----Despises the ALICE pack, but I still have mine in storage.
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 7:07:57 AM EDT
[#22]
Cant go wrong with the alice pack used one in osut then got the molle pos wen i hit ft hood put plenty of use on it and snapped a frame the pack parts good and the straps are decent but the frame is the issue
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 9:07:56 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
<<<-----Despises the ALICE pack, but I still have mine in storage.
View Quote

Yeah, same here. I'm not a fan of the MOLLE II ruck, either, but I really hated the way that the ALICE would cut off circulation to my arms when we'd ruck with the IBA. Also hated having to dig out everything I owned to get to my sleep system.
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 11:52:25 AM EDT
[#24]
Camelback full of ice water
Broken-in boots
(ALT/#3) Gerber multi-tool

These have got way more use than anything else I own.
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 5:38:19 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 5:51:49 PM EDT
[#26]
My poncho liner and multi tool.
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 6:35:06 PM EDT
[#27]
MUT tool and a roll of snare wire.
Link Posted: 4/5/2014 7:09:03 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Poncho Liner.

Broken-in boots.
View Quote

Man speaks mountains of wisdom,

in descending order after that,

550 cord,
duct tape ( or if your really high speed, Gorilla tape),
good ruck,
good dry socks,
some way to make hot coffee, instant and lukewarm is still better than not.
a good knife, be it BM grip or Esee 3 or whatever, only thing that separates us from the beasts.
good headlamp, alot more useful than '14's for admin tasks like trying to make that hot coffee. or finding your socks in your ruck

and as I suspect that the nature of the OP's question wasnt followed in the previous posts....

I love me some Taco's  
Link Posted: 4/6/2014 9:00:07 AM EDT
[#29]
and as I suspect that the nature of the OP's question wasnt followed in the previous posts....

It's ok ACPjunkie, I have a few things I couldn't do without either

1) my unicorn horn. I fill it with virgins tears. Makes for a great canteen.
2) my UDT tan shorts... Bought them from a real SEAL operator. They have the smell of sweat and sea water. Soft as a playboy bunnies ass.
3) my rusty KBar. Was used by a USMC sergeant on Okinawa to cut the throat of the Japanese commander there. The scabbard is made of by the Elves of Rivendell.

I swear this Board is made of the most machismo and solid gold turds. Lol

Sorry I just had to get that out. All in jest guys.
Link Posted: 4/6/2014 10:17:37 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
My poncho liner and multi tool.
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 8:37:08 PM EDT
[#31]
Kifaru MMR and wiggys superlight ftrss.

Link Posted: 4/20/2014 6:31:03 PM EDT
[#32]
Kifaru gen 1 EMR.  Comfortable with loads no human should carry.  Bomb proof.  Gen 2 prices are insane, but I would buy one even if I did not already have the gen 1.  It is that good.  

Norotos INVG.  It is so much better than the standard USGI rhino mount it is unbelievable.  A close third is the Team Wendy liner and cam fit system that makes the ACH comfortable for use with NODs (and a proper EOG counterweight).  There really is no substitute for a proper helmet system for use with NODs.

Link Posted: 4/20/2014 6:35:06 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
My old Alice Pack, modded by Tactical Tailor. Everyone cringes, but that is still my field pack. Guys love their mystery ranch stuff, but for long humps I still rely on old faithful.
My Crye Airframe.

As usual, tweeter is very spot on, but I use a snug pack jungle bag instead of the woobie.

SOS
View Quote

Ha, I've still got a mountain ruck Mean Gene from HSGI modified for me back when he was still working out of his garage!
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 2:11:31 PM EDT
[#34]
Not including a rifle/pistol:

- My brain / experience
- My NV setup (Crye Airframe, Wilcox shroud, Wilcox Mount, Gen3 Pinnacle Tube PVS14)

With those 3 things, I'm good to go.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top